Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Injury Updates

Default Injury Updates

Since the other thread was high jacked and they refuse to get back on track I thought we'd try this again to maybe be on topic.

Has there been anything in regards to Ryan or Anton's injuries they had in the game?

If you'd like to discuss anything else, please start another thread or go to the one that was taken over. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    Since the other thread was high jacked and they refuse to get back on track I thought we'd try this again to maybe be on topic.

Has there been anything in regards to Ryan or Anton's injuries they had in the game?

If you'd like to discuss anything else, please start another thread or go to the one that was taken over. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    In TZF's thread with pics from after the game, Ryan had his right wrist taped, but not severely wrapped. Anton didn't look fazed.

Just judging from the pictures.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    In TZF's thread with pics from after the game, Ryan had his right wrist taped, but not severely wrapped. Anton didn't look fazed.

Just judging from the pictures.
    I'm sure they were sore Saturday morning, but will be ready to go on Tuesday. I don't expect UT Arlington to be a pushover, I think they're in the same group as Evansville.

IMO, we need to schedule more Power 5 schools whenever possible. Better preparation for the NCAA tournament, where the referees swallow their whistles once the first weekend is over.

See this article from another thread: https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...of-bumps-brui/ for Jim Meehan's take on the Zags bumps and bruises.

Quote Originally Posted by Section 116 View Post
    See this article from another thread: https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...of-bumps-brui/ for Jim Meehan's take on the Zags bumps and bruises.
    Good to read. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woolridge will likely be fine with some rest, ice, brace, etc

Watson, even though he feels better, will be one to watch.

Shoulder subluxations are sneaky/hidden injuries which are susceptible to re-aggravation at any moment. His ligaments and tendons have been permanently stretched.

The absolute best thing he/they could do is begin rehab immediately, even if he feels no pain. Must get this shoulder muscles tightened up before they heal around the sprain.

Ball and socket injuries are very vulnerable to further injury once there is just a minor subluxation or dislocation.

Based on Anton's own words, he suffered a quick although minor dislocation which happened to pop back when he leaned over and lifted his arm, which is how we reduce anterior inferior dislocations anyway.

Good news is the dislocation was short lived which lowers the grade and lessens the stretch of anatomy surrounding the joint.

It will require a ton of luck and rehab to avoid subsequent injury in that left shoulder as even subluxations increase chance of reoccurrence of nearly 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by raise the zag View Post
    Woolridge will likely be fine with some rest, ice, brace, etc

Watson, even though he feels better, will be one to watch.

Shoulder subluxations are sneaky/hidden injuries which are susceptible to re-aggravation at any moment. His ligaments and tendons have been permanently stretched.

The absolute best thing he/they could do is begin rehab immediately, even if he feels no pain. Must get this shoulder muscles tightened up before they heal around the sprain.

Ball and socket injuries are very vulnerable to further injury once there is just a minor subluxation or dislocation.

Based on Anton's own words, he suffered a quick although minor dislocation which happened to pop back when he leaned over and lifted his arm, which is how we reduce anterior inferior dislocations anyway.

Good news is the dislocation was short lived which lowers the grade and lessens the stretch of anatomy surrounding the joint.

It will require a ton of luck and rehab to avoid subsequent injury in that left shoulder as even subluxations increase chance of reoccurrence of nearly 100%.
    Very informative post. Does Watson’s injury compare w Perkins?
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    Very informative post. Does Watson’s injury compare w Perkins?
    I don't think we'll know for 3 years. Perkins' thing became a chronic issue. This is probably a wait-and-see thing with Watson.

Bump

Default Injuries, status?

Any info?

Are we actually down 4 starters right now?

I would really like to think they were all held out in order to stay fully rested and prep for Oregon/Seton Hall … yet that doesn't appear to be ...
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    Are we actually down 4 starters right now?
    I think it's up to 6 starters now...
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

Is there a post game press conference for this like there was in Maui?

Was the slippery make-shift court the cause of these injuries? Or at least a culprit?

Gilder was dragging his leg, limping badly, and so was Woolridge.

Both appeared to be in pain, and looked like knee injuries.

No one knows the extent yet highly doubt we see either play tomorrow.

Watson was clearly an ankle sprain, likely minor but probably swollen and sore.

Tillie's knee a gamble, as hes been dealing with swelling and soreness.

Right now, Woolridge and Gilder could be serious, and season altering. Both went to lockerroom and did not return.

At this point, we can only hope.

Ayayi going to get a ton of playing time going forward, and maybe no choice but to play Kispert at the 2, and Arklauskas or Lang sprinkled in.

I didn’t see Gilder’s happen but noticed he was gone. Woolridge looked like a calf to me but not sure. I thought they might not have wanted Tillie to play three days in row but no idea if that’s accurate. Watson was an ankle for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Goshzagit View Post
    Was the slippery make-shift court the cause of these injuries? Or at least a culprit?
    It didn't "help" anything.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

I get the feeling that Anton Watson's injury was just a coach's decision. But if he doesn't start tomorrow.................
    UNITED WE ZAG !!

Woolridge was riding a bike after his injury so he should be ready to go tomorrow.

Coach Mic gave no information about injuries on the post game radio broadcast. Hudson really didn’t press him about it. Our 2 starting guards banged up. Who’s gonna break the ice on what the deal is with Ravet?

Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    I get the feeling that Anton Watson's injury was just a coach's decision. But if he doesn't start tomorrow.................
    Have a feeling Watson plays through it.

Tillie will probably give it a go too.

I dont see Wookridge playing tomorrow or maybe for some time. He could barely walk, could not pedal the bike, holding surgically repaired knee, & limping badly.

I also dont think Gilder will play, yet hes the biggest unknown. He basically took himself out and off to lockerroom, as if he knew something wasn't right.

We could be down to 1 scholarship "guard" the rest of the Tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by basketballzag View Post
    Woolridge was riding a bike after his injury so he should be ready to go tomorrow.
    No, he 'tried' riding a bike yet didnt go well.

Jim Meehan mentioned this as well, said he failed the bike, and took himself to lockerroom limping badly.

Quote Originally Posted by basketballzag View Post
    lets hope it was cramp

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    It didn't "help" anything.
    After watching replay, looked like Woolridge pushed through defender and his right knee slightly slipped forward while lifting off it. Immediately lifted up his leg and could barely put weight on it.

Not sure about Gilder yet reported knee tweak. Also could be due slippery court.

I think I will go ahead and panic.....

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    I think I will go ahead and panic.....
    I will as well. Sounds like Gilder was a sore knee and he didn’t play 2nd half. Hoping they were being cautious and treating it right away. I still think Woolridge was more in the calf muscle as I doubt they would’ve tried the bike if it was his knee.