Gilder...…….27.8
    Watson......26.5
    Petrusev…..24.3
    Ayayi………..23.8
    Timme……..23.3

Arlauskas...6.3
    Zakharov….5.5
    Others...…..4.8

I think our guard rotation is set in stone at this point with Woolridge, Glider and Ayayi. But if you're like me you'd think Ayayi's minutes are going to go up.

When Tillie comes back, I believe Watson comes off the bench but his minutes shouldn't go down that much. Tillie will probably be worked back in the rotation slowly the first game or two and I think the Few will be protective of him going forward. When everybody's healthy, this is what I think the players minutes per game is going to look like:

Woolridge...26
    Ayayi………..26
    Gilder...…….25
    Kispert……..24
    Watson......24
    Petrusev…..24
    Tillie...……..21
    Timme……..20

Arlauskas...3
    Zakharov….3
    Others...…..4

That's going to be a pretty impressive eight man rotation. Thoughts?
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

So......................you think Tillie will be plugged in at the 4 instead of the 5?? I hope you're right, I like the two big lineup (Filip and Drew so far). Also, I agree that Corey will start over Anton, as he should IMHO. Finally, love the breakdown of minutes, could not agree more!!

Regarding use of multiple bigs at the same time, IMHO Coach has really evolved and, more often than in the past, has been willing to move away from the traditional 5, back to the basket big man complemented by two guards and two wings. I wish Josh Heytvelt was on the team now as opposed to back in the day, as he would have killed as a 4 in this system.

I really hope Killian gets some run as the 4, with Filip and Drew protecting the rim as the 5. If that happens, we are really deep at the 3 with Corey, Anton, and maybe even a little Joel at times. Obviously, Anton can and will play some 4 as well. Lots of options, gonna be fun to watch.

Go ZAGS

Go ZAGS

From the SR article yesterday..."Senior forward Killian Tillie again went through pregame drills and has made measurable progress lately in his recovery from Oct. 3 knee surgery. Will he make his season debut Tuesday against Texas Arlington? “Maybe,” he said."

I think he will work back in slowly against UTA and CSB before taking a full load in Atlantis. That assumes Watson isn't more injured than we think right now after the shoulder subluxation.

ZZ

Also what should we make of the 3 guard lineup that Few used in the second half against TAMU with Kispert struggling?

They played Woolridge, Gilder AND Ayayi at the same time and they were effective especially on the defensive end. About 5 minutes as I recall

ZZ

If memory serves, chemistry between Tillie and Petro was special. They worked as trusting comrades that celebrated each other’s successes as I recall.
    To Fish & Game: Keep streams stocked well for Mr. Few!

Will be a much better defensive team when Tillie and Watson spend time up front.

We desperately need Watson to remain healthy, as he provides an unmatched presence we lack -- defensive athleticism vs longer quicker athletes.

A mis match we must keep on the court, and open so much more for Tillie, Petrusev, Timme to operate their skills and smarts.

I'm not sure how long it will take, but I think at some point Tillie becomes a starter at the 4. He's capable of becoming an All-American and drafted in the first round. I think he should play close to 30 minutes a game. I'd put him no lower than 26 minutes per game. I am thinking he needs to also prove to the NBA people that he's healthy enough now for them to draft him. I think it's a mistake to try to protect him from getting hurt by playing him less minutes. If he isn't fully recovered than he shouldn't play at all; and for that reason he is not playing right now. I don't see any reason to try to hurry up the recovery process because the team is doing quite well. But in terms of the players future playing time once he returns, I think it's best to remember who Tillie is. He's the best player on this team.

It's easy to forget that because the team is doing well, and Petrusive is having a very good season, but imo, he is not better than Tillie. This is why I'm so excited for Tillie's return. This team is going to be so good when that happens. Watson is going to be affected by Killian's return. I agree that Watson is a gem. I believe we'll see Watson play more at the 3. I think he'll split his time between the 3 and the 4. 14 minutes at the 4 when he subs for Killian, and ten minutes at the 3 position.

I think the best way to get seven more minutes for Killian is to take two minutes off of the others' minutes. Then take two minutes from Timme, two from Ayayi, and one from Gilder. I would take one minute from Zakharov and add it to Woolridge.

So it would look like this:

Tillie..........28
    Woolridge...27
    Ayayi………..24
    Gilder...…….24
    Kispert……..24
    Watson......24
    Petrusev…..24
    Timme……..18

Arlauskas...3
    Zakharov….2
    Others...…..2
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

- how about few gives the rotation 24 minutes each and we call it good.

Once Tillie is back healthy he should be getting the most minutes of the bigs. He's our best player, and it isn't even close.

Starters
    Woolridge 30
    Gilder 28
    Kispert 30
    Tillie 22
    Petrusev 24
    Bench
    Ayayi 23
    Watson 19
    Timme 17
    Others 7

Agree Zagricultural. I think in big games where he is really needed he plays more minutes, in easier games he is given more rest which keeps his minutes down. 2 years ago as a starter with just 3 bigs getting the majority of playing time he averaged 26 mpg. I dont see him averaging that this year. Hopefully he can go 25-30 on nights he is really needed.

Timme will probably, unfortunately, see the majority of the minutes lost. IF Tillie can remain on the court I dont see him playing much more than 22 MPG though.

Tillie should be on the Kawhi Leonard plan.

"Load management" game by game.

Save him for big games and limit his mins vs cupcakes.

No way Coach or Killian goes for it, yet something to consider to hopefully lessen his chance at injury

Am I crazy thinking Kispert could play the 2?

Not crazy, but wrong. That's not a knock on his game. He's not a guard though.

He can play the 2 if need be, but hes much better as a 3. I think the same with Watson, he can play the 3 and he probably will eventually end up there, but right now hes better as a 4.

I would like to see

Woolridge
    Kispert
    Watson
    Timme
    Tillie

play together each game just for insurance if nothing else. All are super skilled and pass well
    Think Big. No think Bigger than that!

As a former Official I am almost sure that...... if there is no overtime...…. each team will have 200 minutes whether Tillie comes back or not...that is 5X40 = 200...….. Math is hard.....

I don't think we will ride Tillie that hard minutes wise because of his injury history outside of massive games. I hope we play a jumbo lineup with Petrusev, Watson, and Tillie as the front court.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyzag12 View Post
    I don't think we will ride Tillie that hard minutes wise because of his injury history outside of massive games. I hope we play a jumbo lineup with Petrusev, Watson, and Tillie as the front court.
    Trying to avoid injury is a recipe for getting injured. When he is completely healthy he will play 26 to 32 minutes per game just like he did two seasons ago. He needs to play hard when he is out there and he needs to play a lot. His minutes will be managed for a few games, but when he is good to go there will be no coddling and there shouldn't be.

It's hard to imagine Ayayi's minutes will not go up. The dude as packed the box score with the minutes he's gotten.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagRecruitWatch View Post
    It's hard to imagine Ayayi's minutes will not go up. The dude as packed the box score with the minutes he's gotten.
    possible if coach gets more comfortable with ayayi running the show instead of woolridge...but i also think gilder is just getting going and hasn't showed us what he's fully capable of yet.

what ayayi playing well does is basically remove the prospect of kispert playing the 2 unless someone gets hurt, which is a good thing.