Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 45 of 45

Thread: Woolridge & Watson injury report

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    West Richland, WA
    Posts
    114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyZag View Post
    Whoa... until last night Kispert was shooting exactly 50% from 3. After last night he's at 40% for the year. Last year he finished the year at 37.4%. Yes, that was better than Norvell AND Perkins.
    Haven't we had enough of rumor, speckulation, innuendo and guessing in this society and often on this Board? There is no evidence that Vlad Putin is riding a nuclear sub over the north pole to attack Canada and U.S. "But could it be."

    Wish Brock the best, so let it be. How's this for a rumor. Few and Co., are beating the bushes for a midyear transfer or jc player to come in to fortify the guard situation.

    Isn't it becoming clear Ayayi is everything we need in a third guard and/or even as a wing. He's all conference defense at this time.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyZag View Post
    Whoa... until last night Kispert was shooting exactly 50% from 3. After last night he's at 40% for the year. Last year he finished the year at 37.4%. Yes, that was better than Norvell AND Perkins.
    The concern with Kispert is the streakiness of the his shooting. So far it has been an off one night on the next performance. That being said he has to shoot the open shots, does the Zags no good if he is not a willing shooter.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colville, Wa.
    Posts
    13,887

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zaguarxj View Post
    Those free-throws Woolridge missed near the end of the game were pretty ugly. Looked like he was favoring his right hand and it really messed up his shot. I hope he's ok.

    Ryan is currently @ 58.3% from the FT line for the year, slightly higher than his BEST % in any of his previous 3 years. Not sure last nights injuries can explain what you saw last night, xj.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    12,027

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    I haven't seen a knock-down 3-point shooter step onto the floor in a Zag uni yet this year. If he is that guy I think there will always be a place on the team for that.
    Agree. We need one.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    17,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Agree. We need one.
    Tillie, if he can get back on the floor, is one.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lacrosse, Washington
    Posts
    6,722

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshzagit View Post
    Theres being "off" then there is what Kispert was doing last night.

    6 of those 7 misses barely hit rim, he was missing by feet not inches.

    I'm sure it was first game road jitters and pressing to lead the team, and get points, but it was the worst shooting I've seen from a "shooter".

    It was how he missed them, not just that he missed them.

    Looked like he was a 7 footer trying to launch a token 3
    Umm hitting the rim means you missed by inches not sure how you equate that to misses by feet but you are entitled to your exaggerated belief

    Also for context 3 of those ####s were as shot clock running down so suppose you would have fathered he created a team turnover than a missed shot with potential for offensive rebound
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

    Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Liberty Lake
    Posts
    1,516

    Default

    I'm sorry...I started reading this thread to find out more about Watson and Woolridge injuries. Guess I will look elsewhere. Reading this thread you'd think we lost by 30 last night.
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Twin Cities
    Posts
    3,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    Tillie, if he can get back on the floor, is one.
    Tillie has proven to be one of the best 3pt shooters in the game.

    Given his attempts, hes proven to be an elite shooter

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Edgewood, WA
    Posts
    1,459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BurgessEraZag View Post
    Isn't it becoming clear Ayayi is everything we need in a third guard and/or even as a wing. He's all conference defense at this time.
    Reading comprehension.

    The posters who merely said they think Ravet would help this year and were hoping that whatever is going on in his life and/or NCAA rules about leaving school would allow him to return if he wanted to, clearly and repeatedly stated that it was for depth. Not to replace Joel who has been playing great.

    In last night's game we had two of our three guards go down hard. One of them was left bloody and holding his wrist. If he wasn't able to return (this is a key qualifier), it might be nice to have Ravet to be the third guard in case Joel or Gilder ever wanted to take a breath on the bench or fouled out in a game.

    Joel's been great.
    Having a fourth guard better than a walk-on would be good too in case of injury.

    Playing freshman Watson out of position (as suggested by jazz) because he doesn't believe in freshman Ravet was just a trolls comments to get under the skin of a few people on here who keep letting him do that. When people are doooshes you are supposed to just put him on ignore and not quote his posts so the rest of us have to look at them.

    And back on topic, I hope Watson and Woolie are okay and back to 100%.

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,535

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whatazag View Post
    I understand we don't want speculation on the student athlete's private life, but what I've been wondering is whether Ravet is even eligible to return if/when he wanted to. I assume if he isn't attending school at all that means he cannot return to the basketball team this year because you have to maintain grades to play. I am in the camp that thinks we really need him this year for an additional 3 point threat and depth against injury to one of our 3 guards.
    I do not envision Ravet being a three point threat for us this year.

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    That’s what Kipling said.
    Didn’t know he was a basketball fan.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,440

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyZag View Post
    Whoa... until last night Kispert was shooting exactly 50% from 3. After last night he's at 40% for the year. Last year he finished the year at 37.4%. Yes, that was better than Norvell AND Perkins.
    Didn’t mean to offend. Kispert is good when he gets his feet squared up. Tillie is a excellent shooter, too. I just have a different kind of shooter in mind.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    6,424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    I do not envision Ravet being a three point threat for us this year.
    Thank you.

    It makes me sad for him and his family. I truly hope things work out, in whatever way is best for him.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    16,332

    Default

    How do you not get banned for that?



    Quote Originally Posted by mgadfly View Post
    Reading comprehension.

    The posters who merely said they think Ravet would help this year and were hoping that whatever is going on in his life and/or NCAA rules about leaving school would allow him to return if he wanted to, clearly and repeatedly stated that it was for depth. Not to replace Joel who has been playing great.

    In last night's game we had two of our three guards go down hard. One of them was left bloody and holding his wrist. If he wasn't able to return (this is a key qualifier), it might be nice to have Ravet to be the third guard in case Joel or Gilder ever wanted to take a breath on the bench or fouled out in a game.

    Joel's been great.
    Having a fourth guard better than a walk-on would be good too in case of injury.

    Playing freshman Watson out of position (as suggested by jazz) because he doesn't believe in freshman Ravet was just a trolls comments to get under the skin of a few people on here who keep letting him do that. When people are doooshes you are supposed to just put him on ignore and not quote his posts so the rest of us have to look at them.

    And back on topic, I hope Watson and Woolie are okay and back to 100%.

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    985

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    How do you not get banned for that?
    Yeah. He even spelled “d o u c h e “wrong. Hahahaha

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    8,074

    Default

    Calling out trolls is not a bannable offense.

    Agree that Ayayi is playing great ---but it would be nice to have one more backup guard --- maybe a walkon will rise to the occasion.

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Liberty Lake
    Posts
    1,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    Didn’t mean to offend. Kispert is good when he gets his feet squared up. Tillie is a excellent shooter, too. I just have a different kind of shooter in mind.
    Maybe a shooter who, oh I don't know, goes 5'11" 180 lbs, averaged 25 pts per game as a junior last season, makes 90% of free throws attempted, wears jersey #0, first name Markus, last name Howard? There's the current prototype college 3-point shooter. (Kispert had a nightmare game against A&M, he will shake it off. I like Corey's size too, he can take it inside, and grab some boards.)
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    682

    Default

    1. Ravet is gone. It's very easy to read between the lines by posters close to the team. Since he wasn't ever part of the team this year, he will not have to redshirt anywhere before playing next year at a smaller program. It seems clear he was looking at being the 4th guard (at best) this year, and the 4th guard (at best) next year. (Behind Ayayi, Harris, Suggs or Suggs' replacement, maybe another grad transfer).

    2. Gilder is shooting 40% from 3. His last 2 years starting at A&M show almost identical 3pt attempt and 3pt success rate as Josh Perkins' 2 best years (Soph, Junior). 39% and 4.5 attempts per game. That's despite playing against better defenders as part of a worse offensive team than josh did. Gilder is a proven excellent 3pt shooter. Unlike Markus Howard, admon is not a black hole for the ball on offense, plus he rebounds and defends.

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    6,424

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    1. Ravet is gone. It's very easy to read between the lines by posters close to the team. Since he wasn't ever part of the team this year, he will not have to redshirt anywhere before playing next year at a smaller program. It seems clear he was looking at being the 4th guard (at best) this year, and the 4th guard (at best) next year. (Behind Ayayi, Harris, Suggs or Suggs' replacement, maybe another grad transfer).
    While you MIGHT be right, this is just speculation on your part, and isn't really one that is needed. At some point we will know what is going on with Ravet, or maybe not. It is not really any of our business. I haven't had the impression that Few and Gonzaga have said good by, just that they will stand behind him during these times. Let's hope (and pray, if such is your manner) that he comes out the other side and makes the best decision for himself.

    Personally, I would think knowing that one was 2nd, 3rd or 4th guard on a team with NC aspirations, with the opportunity to improve his standing and chance to beat out the ones others have placed above you, would be tremendous motivation. For a young man that has dreamed of playing at Gonzaga all his life, I don't see that as a reason to go to a smaller school. I see it as a challenge that a young, driven player would gladly accept.

    Please don't speculate. When facts come out, we will know. Until then we should respect him and his privacy.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    13,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Per S-R writer Jim Meehan (via twitter): Watson endured a left shoulder subluxation in the first half. Watson: "I didn't mean to pop it back into place, that's the crazy thing. It just did it on its own."

    Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk
    Happens to me all the time. Couple of trips to the chiropractor and I am ready to roll.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •