Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woolridge & Watson injury report

Default Woolridge & Watson injury report

Both played great.

Both got injured.

Both played through injury.

Watson protected his shoulder in 2nd half, limiting him defensively and on the glass.

Woolridge didnt miss a step yet his forearm area was literally swelling up as the game wore on. It was bright red and puffy by game's end.

Watson still stretching out and rubbing his shoulder yet lost the ice pack.

Please post updates as you hear them.

Watson looked like minor tweak yet considering Woolridge played last 4 games last yr on a fractured patella, anything is possible.

Thanks for the post...………..

Watson = welcome to college basketball. All players play w/ pain of some sort 100% of the season.

I saw nothing that was serious, even though I hardly saw the game because SECN kept cutting in and out on me.

Per S-R writer Jim Meehan (via twitter): Watson endured a left shoulder subluxation in the first half. Watson: "I didn't mean to pop it back into place, that's the crazy thing. It just did it on its own."

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RenoZag; 11-16-2019 at 07:30 AM.

Basketball Web Sites Listing

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Per Meehan: Watson endured a left shoulder subluxation in the first half. Watson: "I didn't mean to pop it back into place, that's the crazy thing. It just did it on its own."

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk
    Wow - heal up soon big man!

The game was a bit rough & tumble (A&M’s floor seemed a bit slippery too). Hope everyone heals up OK.

If I were Petrusev, what w/ now playing around the rim as much, I’d be looking at different options of eye protection.
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

Are we allowed to ask about Ravet? Don’t need the “respect his privacy!” responses, just curious if we expect the young man back?

Quote Originally Posted by JAGzag View Post
    Are we allowed to ask about Ravet? Don’t need the “respect his privacy!” responses, just curious if we expect the young man back?
    How would he help? TAMU had a couple of Ravets and GU guards had their way.

Those free-throws Woolridge missed near the end of the game were pretty ugly. Looked like he was favoring his right hand and it really messed up his shot. I hope he's ok.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Come on Jazz. I think your statement is totally uncalled for. Show some class. You could be that kind of a person too if you want too.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

I think Ravet would have great value spelling the other 3 guards, what if one got injured or fouled out? then we play two guards all the rest of the minutes or pull a big or walk on into the 1 oe 2 spot,
    plus no way of knowing for sure how he will perform at D1 until he gets to play,
    unnecessary put down of a player IMHO, once he is playing at D1 level maybe he will show to be a better guard than A&M has

Quote Originally Posted by zaguarxj View Post
    Those free-throws Woolridge missed near the end of the game were pretty ugly. Looked like he was favoring his right hand and it really messed up his shot. I hope he's ok.
    He wouldn't or at least didn't attempt a single jump shot after he landed hard on his right wrist/arm on two different occasions. He yelled loudly on the second fall.

Have a feeling Woolridge is otherworldly tough.

The kid played through a fractured patella for several games, which required hardware to fix.

Havent heard anything yet his wrist was quite swollen and a different color than his left wrist area after the game.

As far as Watson goes, his shoulder was partially dislocated after his arm was awkwardly hit. He leaned over and let it hang once it popped out, while walking back to bench, it reduced itself.

He will be in his worst pain today, which will slowly subside the next couple days.

Either way, he has stretched those tendons and muscles within the shoulder. Chance of another dislocation or subluxation increases by nearly 80% following first dislocation. Perkins had 5 or 6 dislocations after his first and countless subluxations. As is the case with most athletes and shoulder dislocations. Something to keep an eye out all season.

Best thing is strength therapy, as in immediately start rehabilitation. This is tough during the season.

The only thing which saved my shoulder from continual subluxations was daily strength exercises.

I have a feeling Watson will be fine yet possibility of re injury is extremely high with these type of occurences.

I also have a feeling Woolirdge may be more injured than we realize. Something to watch, as he screamed in pain the moment anyone touched or landed on that right arm. He falls down quite frequently, innthe open court, along baseline, when he drives, etc.

It's how he plays yet I counted (6) falls to the court last night, and numerous falls in previous games. his chance of injury skyrockets with this propensity.

If either Woolridge, Ayayi, Gilder have to sit out, it's a problem.

Losing Wade, Foster Jr, Ravet in a matter of 2 yrs has hurt our PG depth. Imagine if no grad transfers?

Quote Originally Posted by JAGzag View Post
    Not anytime soon. We do need to respect his privacy and I know that's not the response anyone wants, but as a moderator that is the response I will give as it is the correct thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Come on Jazz. I think your statement is totally uncalled for. Show some class. You could be that kind of a person too if you want too.
    Hold on Bornie. I know you love the kid big I’m citing his lack of D1 experience only. Surely you can’t compare Ravet with our two five-year D1 guards, or even to 3rd year in the program Joel? I don’t see how having Ravet meaningfully plugs the hole if one or more of the current guards goes down. Foster would have been a better reinforcement at this point. I’d rather see kispert try the 2, even Watty.

I haven't seen a knock-down 3-point shooter step onto the floor in a Zag uni yet this year. If he is that guy I think there will always be a place on the team for that.

Hold on Bornie. I know you love the kid big I’m citing his lack of D1 experience only. Surely you can’t compare Ravet with our two five-year D1 guards, or even to 3rd year in the program Joel? I don’t see how having Ravet meaningfully plugs the hole if one or more of the current guards goes down. Foster would have been a better reinforcement at this point. I’d rather see kispert try the 2, even Watty.
    +1

Without him having played, you have no idea how he would perform, just your own feelings. He very easily could be a Pangos or a Perkins.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    I haven't seen a knock-down 3-point shooter step onto the floor in a Zag uni yet this year. If he is that guy I think there will always be a place on the team for that.
    That’s what Kipling said.

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Without him having played, you have no idea how he would perform, just your own feelings. He very easily could be a Pangos or a Perkins.
    Hmmm....I think the high school resumes of both of them were clearly superior to Brock’s.

No one is disputing that you can’t compare a freshman with transfers with years of experience. I read “plugging the hole” as having enough rotation talent if Woolridge doesn’t come back from a bloody knee and tweaked wrist.

Hmmm....I think the high school resumes of both of them were clearly superior to Brock’s.
    Exactly. Leading scorer in WA state HS history, hasn't played in a game, and you THINK they might be better.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

So glad this thread has devolved into something completely different than its supposed to be. Can we please stop coaching others on what to say and stay on topic

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Not anytime soon. We do need to respect his privacy and I know that's not the response anyone wants, but as a moderator that is the response I will give as it is the correct thing to do.
    I understand we don't want speculation on the student athlete's private life, but what I've been wondering is whether Ravet is even eligible to return if/when he wanted to. I assume if he isn't attending school at all that means he cannot return to the basketball team this year because you have to maintain grades to play. I am in the camp that thinks we really need him this year for an additional 3 point threat and depth against injury to one of our 3 guards.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    Whoa... until last night Kispert was shooting exactly 50% from 3. After last night he's at 40% for the year. Last year he finished the year at 37.4%. Yes, that was better than Norvell AND Perkins.

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Sorry Reborn asking for that is not going to happen. Jazz likes the attention that kind of post draws. He knows exactly the kind of response he will get when he does things like this.