Thread: Post game radio GU-T A&M

Default Post game radio GU-T A&M

Hudson and Morrsion: 79-49 final, Zags all over T A&M. victorious in first road game of year. Didn't look good for the Bulldogs in the early going 3-15 from the field but the defense got the the offense going. 29-5 run in the first half blew things open. Zags shoot 49% from the field, 4 in double figures, Woolridge and Gilder with 16, Petrusev 14 and Timme 11. A&M held to 30% from the field, led by Williams with 14. Zags outrebound the Aggies 46-29. Zags also had 20 assists. Gilder walking around arena shaking hands with old friends. Only one lead change when Zags went ahead 16-14. The first 8 minutes of the game were not anything anyone would want to save for either team, but the Zags finally were able to pull out of the rut. You had the feeling if the lid were to come off the basket the Zags would jump out to a lead and that's kind of what happened. A couple easy transition baskets and then things seemed to open up. Another good night from Ayayi 4-6 from the field and another 7 rebounds, 6 assists, 2 steals and a block. It kind of felt for about 30 minutes of the game GU could get about anything they wanted. Kind of surprising how little life A&M had, and frankly they didn't look very good on offense, with only 5 assists to go along with poor shooting.

Michaelson: Not a good start, a lot of missed shots early some missed, some rushed. The last 12 minutes of the first half was outstanding, the second half was OK. So proud of all three Texas kids, it's hard to do what they did, trying to get tickets for everybody and playing like they did. A lot of the places we usually go for offense weren't there tonight, Kispert for example, so we had to go elsewhere. Joel was just outstanding. First time in 30 years a top 10 team has come in here and we really took the crowd out of the game. We have a big big task coming up with two hard playing teams coming up and then the trip to the Bahamas.

Petrusev: Less GU fans and we didn't get off to a great start, but we finally got it going defensively and started taking care of the basketball, things turned around. We started to stick to plan and we took away their drives which is what we were trying to do. It was physical down low, SEC refs, it was tough. Now we have a lot of road games coming up. It was good to get out there and see what the road was like. We needed all three Texas kids to step up, it's a lot of pressure to play in front of your family and friends like that but you can see the final score, plus 30.

Kispert just 1-10 had a rough night from the field tonight. Will Graves scored his first NCAA basket. When your main perimeter scorer has an off night and you still win by thirty that says something. A&M just 3-20 from three. First road test passed by Zags. Zags now 4-0 headed home for a pair of games. A&M was minus 1 coming into the game on the boards with the Zags just dominated on the glass at plus 17. Gilder Woolridege and Ayayi combined for 21 rebounds.

By the way, those of you in the greater Spokane area who may be having trouble. listening to 1510 KGA radio on the AM dial, try 101.1 FM or 103.7FM. I was able to access the game on each of those with clear reception.

Thank you Section!
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

This was an impressive game by a team that is just starting to come into its own. Keeping an SEC team like A&M under 50 points at their home is just fabulous! Gonzaga is getting better and better, and is looking like a legitimate Final Four team early in the season. Congratulations to the Zags for an outstanding game!

If Kispert shot his average percentage we'd have won by 40 instead of 30. Otherwise a game that went as expected.
    Krozman
    GU student 1996-2000
    Law Student 2000-2003

Impressive win, to go down to Texas and to win by 30. This team is interesting to watch and certain stretches make me want to pull my hair out as their youth shows.

Kispert laid an egg, 1/10 shooting and some I'll advised turnovers. Man, Ayayi had a very nice stretch out there and has been a pleasant surprise. Credit GU, but Texas A&M missed alot of open looks tonight.
    America's Team!

Quote Originally Posted by HenneZag View Post
    Impressive win, to go down to Texas and to win by 30. This team is interesting to watch and certain stretches make me want to pull my hair out as their youth shows.

Kispert laid an egg, 1/10 shooting and some I'll advised turnovers. Man, Ayayi had a very nice stretch out there and has been a pleasant surprise. Credit GU, but Texas A&M missed alot of open looks tonight.
    After the game, I told Corey he got rid of his “stinker” game of the year. He laughed it off, adding “there better not be anymore.”

What a great young man...he remembered the time he spent with Big D two summers ago. He took time from his evening workout to give my grandson 30 minutes of instruction. I have no doubt Corey will put some extra time between now and the next game.

I’ll post a more complete report tomorrow when we get home.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    After the game, I told Corey he got rid of his “stinker” game of the year. He laughed it off, adding “there better not be anymore.”

What a great young man...he remembered the time he spent with Big D two summers ago. He took time from his evening workout to give my grandson 30 minutes of instruction. I have no doubt Corey will put some extra time between now and the next game.

I’ll post a more complete report tomorrow when we get home.
    Kispert is a stand up guy, a very high character kid. I'm sure he will bounce back it was just a bummer to see. Good thing about Corey is he never lacked confidence to pull the trigger. He will bounce back.
    America's Team!

Thank you, Section... Always appreciate getting a summary of the post game report. Also appreciate the advice on the FM stations (being in North Idaho, I often have to just switch the radio off because of bad reception at that point).