• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SLOZag
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Angel Nunez

"Angel Nunez, a 6-8 forward born in the Dominican Republic and raised in The Bronx, is one of those whose tried out for basketball's G League hoping to turn his dreams into NBA reality. His journey includes attending two high schools, [and] three colleges ... before succeeding in a local tryout with the Long Island Nets this year. ... Playing overseas for the Bank of Taiwan helped, too ... ." The Long Island Nets are an American professional basketball team of the NBA G League and an affiliate of the National Basketball Association's Brooklyn Nets.

"Nunez, after averaging 17 points, four rebounds and three assists per game during his sophomore year at Cardinal Hayes High School in The Bronx, left home ato transfer to Notre Dame Prep in Fitchburg, Massachusetts. From there, he was a journeyman in his collegiate career, playing for three Division I schools--Louisville from 2011-12, Gonzaga from 2013 to 2015 and finally South Florida, from which he graduated in 2016 with a communications degree. ... He had his best numbers his senior year at South Florida under coach Orlando Antigua. At South Florida, Nunez started 29 of 33 games his senior year, averaging 9.6 points 6.1 rebounds in 29 minutes. ...

"Nets head coach Shaun Fein said, “Angel is versatile player. He can play the 4 position for us. He can spread the floor with his shooting. Very athletic, very long, and I think he can guard multiple positions, and I can envision him being a small-ball five if we need him.”"

Angel Nunez, a 6-8 forward born in the Dominican Republic and raised in The Bronx, is one of those who tried out for basketball's G League hoping to turn his dreams into NBA reality. His journey includes attending two high schools, three colleges and formerly playing overseasons before succeeding in a local tryout wih the Long Island Nets this year.
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy
  • zag buddy
    Banned
    • Dec 2007

Good for him. I did not expect he would go forward in basketball.

Comment

• sittingon50
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Seemed like a really nice kid. Wish him the best.
      But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• SLOZag
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Angel Nunez signed with the Guaynabo Mets

"Angel Nunez signed with the Guaynabo Mets, the professional team in Puerto Rico announced." Also on contract with the Mets is David Stockton, so I expect Angel will be able to help David collect some more pro dimes.

Serving the Inland Northwest since 1883. Spokesman.com provides breaking and in-depth coverage of Spokane area news, sports and community.
        SLOZag
        "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Comment

Working...
        X