Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Video Streaming / WCCN Issues Thread

Anyone have a purported link?

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    +1
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Bump

I have it on good authority that they have fixed the streaming problem on the WCC site.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaZagFan View Post
    Just curious..... is there a way to watch tonight's game out of the local region besides the WCC Tv? I watched the WCC feed last year and had very little trouble. This year has been a nightmare! I dont mind paying if it will work.
    One has to get Direct-TV with the sports pack so they can get ROOT. Since I refuse to ever go back to Direct-TV, it's WCC-tv or nothing for this out-of-market fan. Being the hard core Zag fan that I am, nothing isn't an option.
    UNITED WE ZAG, BAY-BEE, UNITED WE ZAG

W TV off to an awesome start
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

Problems already with the stream

I would like to use this space to note that - if anything - I disdain that "WCC" logo and color-scheme more today than the day it was released, having just watched the WCC weekly show.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

WCC Stream is working on my Android phone

Mine is working much better than before.

Just as bad for me.....to seconds of coverages...now 5 minutes of loading...

Stream has disappeared. More email apologies from Roth due.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    I would like to use this space to note that - if anything - I disdain that "WCC" logo and color-scheme more today than the day it was released, having just watched the WCC weekly show.
    The WCC logo looks awful on uniforms, gym floors, and the website. It looks so amateurish.

Absolutely pathetic. I`m done with W.tv . I have Khq at work. I will just drive to work from now on and watch the game there.

Some hope - then no hope!

Quote Originally Posted by scott257 View Post
    I have it on good authority that they have fixed the streaming problem on the WCC site.
    Don’t buy a bridge from your authority.

Been choppy all night. Sometimes ok, most of the time ridiculous.
    GO ZAGS!!!

Echo the chopp-y-ness here in the Southwest.
    Surely there are some techno-studs enrolled at GU that could envision something that improves upon the WCC attempt.
    Perhaps the administration could invite some friendly competition to create a solution. Extra credit? Claim honors as the "6th man?" Great student seating guaranteed? Etc. I don't know anything about how the rights to transmit work. Another (law) student problem that offers a learning opportunity!

Also choppy in the Coachella Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by kootiekat View Post
    Echo the chopp-y-ness here in the Southwest.
    Surely there are some techno-studs enrolled at GU that could envision something that improves upon the WCC attempt.
    Perhaps the administration could invite some friendly competition to create a solution. Extra credit? Claim honors as the "6th man?" Great student seating guaranteed? Etc. I don't know anything about how the rights to transmit work. Another (law) student problem that offers a learning opportunity!
    Really it just comes down to $$$ and bandwidth.

Quote Originally Posted by Alum08 View Post
    Really it just comes down to $$$ and bandwidth.
    Yup, more capacity. I have watched several GU soccer games via the WCC live stream and they have been perfect. But there is not nearly the same number of viewers. GU has to convince the conference to buy some surge capacity during GU MBB games.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

How about them Cougars?

TD with 2 sec left to go up by one, and took a knee to win!

WHOOPS!

Hard to stay on topic on a bummer thread!
    It's not funny.

I doubt the issues have anything to do with streaming bandwidth; the streams are hosted through akamaihd.net. I would guess more of an issue with encoding the files. Not only did we see bad audio syncing, there were some very funny packets that ffmpeg did not like at all, leading to corrupt ts files.

I watched the game from my iPhone in downtown Dallas. The video would freeze every now and then but honestly it was so much better than the last few times I tried to watch. I was able to connect right away, I turned it off at half time and was able to reconnect for the second half. I had audio which was a problem in the past. No it wasn’t perfect but it was much improved for me.

Default Gonzaga Basketball is slowly losing my support because of the The WCC TV/Root/Stadium

This is by far the worst year ever for Gonzaga basketball due to the terrible broadcasting abilities. I've only been able to watch a handful of games this year and only because they were nationally televised. The W TV/Stadium is absolutely atrocious and tonight is yet another example of the dysfunction as I'm Geo-blocked out of watching the game because it says I'm located inside the footprint of the regional television network broadcasting the game and therefore I'm blacked out from watching the broadcast on Stadium. How in the hell is this possible when I'm 2100 miles away from Spokane tonight?

I'm finding myself watching other college games or NBA games that are broadcast because Gonzaga has been blacked out or worse the streaming service is terrible due to the terrible equipment they are using to broadcast this game. I long for the days when we had posters illegally broadcasting the games because at least we were able to watch the team play and keep up with them. This year, despite a fantastic team, is being marred by the idiots at the WCC and Root/Stadium who shouldn't be in control of broadcasting a little league game much less a game featuring the #1 team in the US.

I'm beyond frustrated and won't watch another game until it is broadcast on ESPN or CBS for the rest of the year.