Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Video Streaming / WCCN Issues Thread

Steele needs to come out of retirement and find some good feeds. That guy always found the greatest !

only solution would be for someone who gets khq or root to put up a stream...like a sub-reddit and post a password here.

They are a lot of Mickey Mouse games left so we are going to be miserable unless Roth steps in proactively, not writing an email to some prepubescent webmaster. Itís basketball, but a $15 million program shouldnít play its games under a peach basket.

Would anyone else get behind making a sticky of the streaming links?

Just contributed my 2-cents to A.D. Roth and got back this nice reply:

Thank you for your support and you email about the streaming issue. I will forward your email ( along with others so you are far from alone ) to the WCC Commissioner and staff. We here at Gonzaga are very frustrated by this and have been assured it will be fixed before Saturday’s game.

Thanks for the note and again thank you very much for your support of our program!

Mike

Mike Roth

Athletic Director

Gonzaga University
    Looks like there is a lot of movement with the hopes of it being resolved for Saturday's game!

Quote Originally Posted by strikenowhere View Post
    Just contributed my 2-cents to A.D. Roth and got back this nice reply:

Looks like there is a lot of movement with the hopes of it being resolved for Saturday's game!
    Need results, not movement. We’ll see Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    The WCC’s new logo looks like branding for a small tech firm from 1998.

Their live video stream plays like something set up by a small tech firm in 1998.
    Well played

Quote Originally Posted by zagdontzig View Post
    Would anyone else get behind making a sticky of the streaming links?
    Openly posted streaming links need to be limited to legal streams only out of respect to the potential legal exposure of our host, the Spokesman Review.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bayÖ small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Why can't these GU non ESPN & CBSN games be on ESPN+. Even some of the Kansas are on ESPN+. At $4.99 a month h it is a great deal. Maybe the WCC should go this way like many other conferences have.

The replay of last nights game seems to be working better than the live streamed version:

https://players.brightcove.net/60506...=6106629335001

Quote Originally Posted by goodbja View Post
    Why can't these GU non ESPN & CBSN games be on ESPN+. Even some of the Kansas are on ESPN+. At $4.99 a month h it is a great deal. Maybe the WCC should go this way like many other conferences have.
    Small thinkers, small plans. GU should jump digital ship to ESPN as you suggest.

Discouraging that Roth doesn't even have the level of concern to monitor the situation after he was made aware of it. He could have assigned a staff member or student intern to monitor and follow up. The level of neglect is surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by johno View Post
    Discouraging that Roth doesn't even have the level of concern to monitor the situation after he was made aware of it. He could have assigned a staff member or student intern to monitor and follow up. The level of neglect is surprising.
    Good point. Guess hinterlands fans are not priority.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Good point. Guess hinterlands fans are not priority.
    maybe a clearer statement....hinterland fans who are neigh-saying negative nancys' are not a priority?????

honestly a AD is juggling twenty things and to be fully focused on a conference issue during early season I would not suspect is high on the priority list
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopaholic View Post
    maybe a clearer statement....hinterland fans who are neigh-saying negative nancys' are not a priority?????

honestly a AD is juggling twenty things and to be fully focused on a conference issue during early season I would not suspect is high on the priority list
    Dumb statement. So defensive.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Dumb statement. So defensive.
    Haaaa. I donít even know the guy if he bumped into me at jack and dans
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Quote Originally Posted by goodbja View Post
    We used to have a lot of our games on the ESPN college sports extra stations (I am blanking on the actual name right now...). Is that the same as ESPN+? Wish we still did
    Your children have been placed in the custody of...Carl's Jr.

Gonzaga is no longer David, but Goliath. Media strategy needs to reflect that. Hopefully soon.

Quote Originally Posted by CB4 View Post
    Gonzaga is no longer David, but Goliath. Media strategy needs to reflect that. Hopefully soon.
    God was on David’s side. In my mind that made Goliath a huge underdog.

That has nothing to do with this discussion, just sayin’.

Carry on.

The conference will need to either plunk some change down for more bandwidth (probably not in the budget), or retool the streaming completely so that it can scale with demand (even less likely). Perhaps GU's tournament shares could be allotted towards these sorts of conference-wide issues as opposed to buying gatorade buckets for USF.

Quote Originally Posted by Alum08 View Post
    The conference will need to either plunk some change down for more bandwidth (probably not in the budget), or retool the streaming completely so that it can scale with demand (even less likely). Perhaps GU's tournament shares could be allotted towards these sorts of conference-wide issues as opposed to buying gatorade buckets for USF.
    Nice turn of phrase. Or junkets for WCC bigwigs.

Quote Originally Posted by johno View Post
    I think he will get it fixed. He took them at their word the first time around and while I donít know him personally, I take him at his word that this will get fixed. I donít expect he will tolerate failure frequently. On a completely separate topic, you might be complaining that he didnít get if fixed (I know I did), but how many other Athletic Directors would respond personally (not once, but twice). I am very impressed by his concern.

This is what a high school FB here got done.

De La Salle CA has become such a powerhouse that the school has received broadcast opportunities that would make some college teams envious. In 2018, the school partnered with CBS Sports Digital to have its entire football schedule streamed on collegesportslive.com.

This should be in Roth’s back pocket next time he complains to WCC digit-heads. Unless the site suddenly acquired a whole lot more bandwidth, don’t expect much improvement. Would be interested in seeing the audience counts for GU bb games versus say Pacific volleyball.

Quote Originally Posted by scott257 View Post
    I think he will get it fixed. He took them at their word the first time around and while I don’t know him personally, I take him at his word that this will get fixed. I don’t expect he will tolerate failure frequently. On a completely separate topic, you might be complaining that he didn’t get if fixed (I know I did), but how many other Athletic Directors would respond personally (not once, but twice). I am very impressed by his concern.
    He’s the AD of Gonzaga basketball, why wouldn’t he? He probably has a staff of dozens and plenty of interns.

Just curious..... is there a way to watch tonight's game out of the local region besides the WCC Tv? I watched the WCC feed last year and had very little trouble. This year has been a nightmare! I dont mind paying if it will work.