Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Video Streaming / WCCN Issues Thread

I have not seen a single Zag score since Tillie put his in. Constant start and stop.
    GO ZAGS!!!

unwatchable. disgraceful. abominable feed. Pick your adjective. Ain't none of them good. Apologize for stealing your Thunder, Jazz.

Quote Originally Posted by Goshzagit View Post
    I dont think the WCC anticipates the traffic we generate as a fanbase.
    Viewers trying to watch this isn't new lol. We're talking about a legit nouveau blood program.

Thew.tv has dropped the ball embarrassingly. (all season long not just this game)

If that’s really better then that’s sad. I’ve been streaming Zags games for at least a decade and the stream has never been worse than this year. It’s almost 2020. If this is the best the conference can do then it’s time to change conferences. I can handle the crap games in conference but I can’t handle not being able to watch my Zags. Gotta do better! Forget ‘America’s Team’, GU has basically become the ‘World’s Team’. Let the world watch!
    "There is always some kid who may be seeing me for the first time. I owe him my best."--Joe DiMaggio

Unbelievably frustrating! I thought Roth was gonna have this fixed?! This game is unwatchable but not sure I’ll be able to see later on. Last I checked, still can’t even watch the North Dakota game on demand...

I just don't understand - last year's streams still had some minor issues but overall I was able to get through the entire game with only a couple of stutters...its like they completely changed the underlying system!

Roth is apparently a slow worker. Shameful.

Just sitting there buffering now. Nothing, nada. Listening to Hud and Mo. But no video at all.
    GO ZAGS!!!

What is Roth's email? Somebody posted it in another thread somewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by Sarenyon View Post
    Just sitting there buffering now. Nothing, nada. Listening to Hud and Mo. But no video at all.
    Yeah Streams are dead... the zags have gotten too popular

back online at least. hopefully the issues are fixed

Unwatchable on the wó 5 minutes left in the first half and I have seen 3 Zag shot attempts (0-3)

Well as an alternative you can tune in to ESPN to watch yet another puff piece about Coack K and Duke.

Quote Originally Posted by slickguser View Post
    back online at least. hopefully the issues are fixed
    <Ron Howard voice> They were not.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If anyone wants to vent, the West Coast Conference does have a Facebook page.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The stream improving

I feel like 98% of their bandwidth and processing power is dedicated to replaying the same 3 awful commercials. Can seem to watch them on loop without issue. Even when it cuts from the game to commercial it’s fine. Watching an entire possession of actual gameplay? Impossible

OK. Trying ESPN. See if I can catch a ##&%8## score.

My stream on internet explorer was garbage. Missed most of the first half. Switched to Chrome and itís been working much better. (Not seamless, but havenít missed action)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "...do something you may regret, than regret something you didn't do."

Quote Originally Posted by haMarlin View Post
    My stream on internet explorer was garbage. Missed most of the first half. Switched to Chrome and itís been working much better. (Not seamless, but havenít missed action)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This is an absolutely awful situation with the stream. If the WCC can't fix this ASAP then Gonzaga needs to look at broadcasting its own games separate and apart from the WCC.

Dudes this stream is awful by any metric.

The WCC’s new logo looks like branding for a small tech firm from 1998.

Their live video stream plays like something set up by a small tech firm in 1998.

Worst stream in the history of Zags BB. The WCC should be ashamed to put out such an inferior product.

I did email the AD at halftime and told him that whatever he did to fix the problem only made it worse. Here is his reply (he replied immediately):

Scott,
    If I did anything that involved streaming I am sure it is still screwed up J. Seriously, I forwarded your last message and go a response from the WCC that they had identified the issue – but clearly they did not get it fixed. I forwarded this latest email to the WCC staff again just now.

I am sorry that they have yet to fix the issue and we will push for a resolution.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by scott257 View Post
    I did email the AD at halftime and told him that whatever he did to fix the problem only made it worse. Here is his reply (he replied immediately):

Scott,
    If I did anything that involved streaming I am sure it is still screwed up J. Seriously, I forwarded your last message and go a response from the WCC that they had identified the issue Ė but clearly they did not get it fixed. I forwarded this latest email to the WCC staff again just now.

I am sorry that they have yet to fix the issue and we will push for a resolution.

Mike
    Can you post Roth's email address?