• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scott257
    Zag for Life
    • Mar 2009

Video Streaming / WCCN Issues Thread

If you have experienced video streaming issues from the W Tv link and feel the need to vent, the name of the individual listed on the conference website as the Director of Video Services (for the WCC Network) is Mr. Ezra Broder. His email is listed as [email protected] and his phone number is listed as (650) 873-2498.

This gentleman’s email and phone number are publicly available on the conference website so personally I believe it is entirely appropriate for us to let him know what we think of the service.
  • GoZags
    Super Moderator
    • Feb 2007

If only the conference had a source of revenue that could help pay for a decent feed of the games.
    sigpic
    “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
    ——-
    List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
    Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

• zagnut2012
      Kennel Club Material
      • Dec 2009

Ya I thought it might be just me. I attempted to watch the game, as I work out of town, and it was freezing and skipping. I also tried my sling app as well and that wouldn't work, as it has in the past. Had to resort to a call to the wife to record it on DVR. Almost went to the Sports Bar but I would look weird in my GU pajamas. Maybe not I don't know these days.......

Comment

• Birddog
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

I'm pretty sure San Bruno is in the vicinity of Silicon Valley. Surely there is some one near there that has the ability to straighten this out, it's embarrassing.
        This stuff might work
        Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
        Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
        All mimsy were the borogoves,
        And the mome raths outgrabe.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by scott257 View Post
          If you have experienced video streaming issues from the W Tv link and feel the need to vent, the name of the individual listed on the conference website as the Director of Video Services (for the WCC Network) is Mr. Ezra Broder. His email is listed as [email protected] and his phone number is listed as (650) 873-2498.

This gentleman’s email and phone number are publicly available on the conference website so personally I believe it is entirely appropriate for us to let him know what we think of the service.
          All due respect Scott, but the WCC suit will probably ignore GU fans’ complaints. A better course is to tell AD Roth about our disgust at the quality of GU’s coverage and we might wonder where all the millions that GU produces for the conference go with respect to promoting the games.

Comment

• strikenowhere
            Zag for Life
            • Sep 2009

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
            All due respect Scott, but the WCC suit will probably ignore GU fans’ complaints. A better course is to tell AD Roth about our disgust at the quality of GU’s coverage and we might wonder where all the millions that GU produces for the conference go with respect to promoting the games.
            Bingo

Comment

• scott257
              Zag for Life
              • Mar 2009

You are probably right, does anyone have an email for him? It was during an interview with him that I lost my signal.

Comment

• Birddog
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

You are probably right, does anyone have an email for him? It was during an interview with him that I lost my signal.
                Be sure to mention that in your e-mail.
                Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
                Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
                All mimsy were the borogoves,
                And the mome raths outgrabe.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

What a great starting point for your complaint.

Comment

• FloridaZagFan
                    Bleeds GU Blue
                    • May 2019

Great idea! Thats right when the feed completely went out!

Comment

• BayAreaZagFan
                      Bleeds GU Blue
                      • Jan 2017

Glad it wasn't just me. I recently "upgraded" to Windows 10 and I thought that might be what was causing the problems. It's literally unwatchable with all of the freezes and skips in action. The part I did watch last night wasn't as bad as last Tuesday, but it was still incredibly annoying. It teases you just enough to want to try to keep watching, then all of a sudden the ball is on the other end of the court and you have no idea what you missed. It seems to be synced up pretty well so that it freezes or skips at least once per play, usually just before someone takes a shot. I finally got frustrated enough and gave up for awhile and then when I tried to get back on a little later - nothing. I've never tried to watch any of the other games on the site, but I'm assuming every fan of every other WCC team has this issue?
                      My posts indicate that I don't seem to follow college basketball all that closely.

Comment

• strikenowhere
                        Zag for Life
                        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by BayAreaZagFan View Post
                        Glad it wasn't just me. I recently "upgraded" to Windows 10 and I thought that might be what was causing the problems. It's literally unwatchable with all of the freezes and skips in action. The part I did watch last night wasn't as bad as last Tuesday, but it was still incredibly annoying. It teases you just enough to want to try to keep watching, then all of a sudden the ball is on the other end of the court and you have no idea what you missed. It seems to be synced up pretty well so that it freezes or skips at least once per play, usually just before someone takes a shot. I finally got frustrated enough and gave up for awhile and then when I tried to get back on a little later - nothing. I've never tried to watch any of the other games on the site, but I'm assuming every fan of every other WCC team has this issue?
                        Yeah it's definitely not due to anything on your part - I was experiencing the same issues on Windows 10 and various iOS devices. Just ridiculous.

Comment

• scott257
                          Zag for Life
                          • Mar 2009

Well, you were absolutely correct. See his reply below:

Scott
                          I will share your email and your frustrations both with the WCC staff and our staff. This is unacceptable as we need our fans from around the country and the globe to be able watch Gonzaga and the special young team.

Mike

Mike Roth
                          Athletic Director

Comment

• Hooray4Daye&Gray
                            Kennel Club Alum
                            • Oct 2008

Thank you for taking the time to reach out, Scott.

A lot of people around the world echo your frustrations and appreciate your efforts to see what can be done to make it better.

Comment

• kitzbuel
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by GoZags View Post
                              If only the conference had a source of revenue that could help pay for a decent feed of the games.
                              Your saying we get what we are paying for?
                              'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
                              - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

Working...
                              X