Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Video Streaming / WCCN Issues Thread

Default Video Streaming / WCCN Issues Thread

If you have experienced video streaming issues from the W Tv link and feel the need to vent, the name of the individual listed on the conference website as the Director of Video Services (for the WCC Network) is Mr. Ezra Broder. His email is listed as ebroder@westcoast.org and his phone number is listed as (650) 873-2498.

This gentlemanís email and phone number are publicly available on the conference website so personally I believe it is entirely appropriate for us to let him know what we think of the service.

If only the conference had a source of revenue that could help pay for a decent feed of the games.

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

Ya I thought it might be just me. I attempted to watch the game, as I work out of town, and it was freezing and skipping. I also tried my sling app as well and that wouldn't work, as it has in the past. Had to resort to a call to the wife to record it on DVR. Almost went to the Sports Bar but I would look weird in my GU pajamas. Maybe not I don't know these days.......

I'm pretty sure San Bruno is in the vicinity of Silicon Valley. Surely there is some one near there that has the ability to straighten this out, it's embarrassing.
    This stuff might work
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Quote Originally Posted by scott257 View Post
    If you have experienced video streaming issues from the W Tv link and feel the need to vent, the name of the individual listed on the conference website as the Director of Video Services (for the WCC Network) is Mr. Ezra Broder. His email is listed as ebroder@westcoast.org and his phone number is listed as (650) 873-2498.

This gentleman’s email and phone number are publicly available on the conference website so personally I believe it is entirely appropriate for us to let him know what we think of the service.
    All due respect Scott, but the WCC suit will probably ignore GU fans’ complaints. A better course is to tell AD Roth about our disgust at the quality of GU’s coverage and we might wonder where all the millions that GU produces for the conference go with respect to promoting the games.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    All due respect Scott, but the WCC suit will probably ignore GU fansí complaints. A better course is to tell AD Roth about our disgust at the quality of GUís coverage and we might wonder where all the millions that GU produces for the conference go with respect to promoting the games.
    Bingo

All due respect Scott, but the WCC suit will probably ignore GU fansí complaints. A better course is to tell AD Roth about our disgust at the quality of GUís coverage and we might wonder where all the millions that GU produces for the conference go with respect to promoting the games.
    You are probably right, does anyone have an email for him? It was during an interview with him that I lost my signal.

You are probably right, does anyone have an email for him? It was during an interview with him that I lost my signal.
    Be sure to mention that in your e-mail.
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

What a great starting point for your complaint.

Great idea! Thats right when the feed completely went out!

Glad it wasn't just me. I recently "upgraded" to Windows 10 and I thought that might be what was causing the problems. It's literally unwatchable with all of the freezes and skips in action. The part I did watch last night wasn't as bad as last Tuesday, but it was still incredibly annoying. It teases you just enough to want to try to keep watching, then all of a sudden the ball is on the other end of the court and you have no idea what you missed. It seems to be synced up pretty well so that it freezes or skips at least once per play, usually just before someone takes a shot. I finally got frustrated enough and gave up for awhile and then when I tried to get back on a little later - nothing. I've never tried to watch any of the other games on the site, but I'm assuming every fan of every other WCC team has this issue?
    My posts indicate that I don't seem to follow college basketball all that closely.

Quote Originally Posted by BayAreaZagFan View Post
    Glad it wasn't just me. I recently "upgraded" to Windows 10 and I thought that might be what was causing the problems. It's literally unwatchable with all of the freezes and skips in action. The part I did watch last night wasn't as bad as last Tuesday, but it was still incredibly annoying. It teases you just enough to want to try to keep watching, then all of a sudden the ball is on the other end of the court and you have no idea what you missed. It seems to be synced up pretty well so that it freezes or skips at least once per play, usually just before someone takes a shot. I finally got frustrated enough and gave up for awhile and then when I tried to get back on a little later - nothing. I've never tried to watch any of the other games on the site, but I'm assuming every fan of every other WCC team has this issue?
    Yeah it's definitely not due to anything on your part - I was experiencing the same issues on Windows 10 and various iOS devices. Just ridiculous.

Well, you were absolutely correct. See his reply below:

Scott
    I will share your email and your frustrations both with the WCC staff and our staff. This is unacceptable as we need our fans from around the country and the globe to be able watch Gonzaga and the special young team.

Mike

Mike Roth
    Athletic Director

Thank you for taking the time to reach out, Scott.

A lot of people around the world echo your frustrations and appreciate your efforts to see what can be done to make it better.

Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    If only the conference had a source of revenue that could help pay for a decent feed of the games.
    Your saying we get what we are paying for?
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bayÖ small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Does anyone have a link to yesterday's North Dakota game? It's not listed in the "on demand" section of the WCC website, which tells me that there were issues with the video stream.
    UNITED WE ZAG, BAY-BEE, UNITED WE ZAG

Quote Originally Posted by Hooray4Daye&Gray View Post
    Thank you for taking the time to reach out, Scott.

A lot of people around the world echo your frustrations and appreciate your efforts to see what can be done to make it better.
    +1 from "down under"!

Default W.tv stream stinks - WATCH HERE INSTEAD

This stream seems to be very good.

http://sports24.club/ncaab/ut-arling...401174720.html

Thanks. Iím still getting starts and stops but hopeful.
    ďWeíre not here as a %&#* courtesy!" - Coach Few

Quote Originally Posted by FuManShoes View Post
    Thanks. I’m still getting starts and stops but hopeful.
    yeah lots of stopping and starting on this stream too

Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    Itís unbelievable how bad thew stream is. Why canít they get this right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah, now the same. dang.

anyone with better link please post!

Hudson/Morrison audio here: https://tunein.com/radio/Gonzaga-Basketball-s230313/

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Ball View Post
    It’s unbelievable how bad thew stream is. Why can’t they get this right?

I dont think the WCC anticipates the traffic we generate as a fanbase.

This posted link is, deep down, is literally the same stream as watchstadium/wccsports.

Quote Originally Posted by Goshzagit View Post
    I dont think the WCC anticipates the traffic we generate as a fanbase.
    Thatís a great excuse for the first game or two.