Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Video Streaming / WCCN Issues Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_eliZAG View Post
    No issues streaming from Ireland using the fb link posted in this thread. But I did share the same link on the slipperstillfits page and some users reported not being able to watch the game. Weird stuff.
    Geoblocking is likely cause.

I was busy with other things last night. If I'm reading correctly, you have to be on Facebook to get the WCC stream now?

Not going to happen. Oh well, the funny thing about "cutting the cord" is that I care less and less about watching sports on TV these days. This is how markets shrink.

nah, they just stream like 1 game out of 20 that day on fb. it might be testing of some kind, but the rest of the games were available on the watchsadium.com website
    Probably the only Gonzaga fan in Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by dnj116 View Post
    I think someone once said that you miss 100% of the shots you don't take...
    I miss ya buddy!
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
    -Zach Norvell Jr.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/ezrabroder/

I make sure the 1,000+ live sporting events streamed to our network annually run smoothly.

Quote Originally Posted by zagnation23 View Post
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/ezrabroder/

I make sure the 1,000+ live sporting events streamed to our network annually run smoothly.
    Now there's a Linked in Profile that trumpets hope over reality. . .

He's also available here: https://twitter.com/EzraBroder

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Now there's a Linked in Profile that trumpets hope over reality. . .

He's also available here: https://twitter.com/EzraBroder
    So when do we start pestering this guy? lol

Quote Originally Posted by NovaScotiaZagFan View Post
    So when do we start pestering this guy? lol
    Waste of time. Focus on Roth or the GU prexy........

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    Well, Gonzaga has a 10 year contract with IMG and IMG under its multimedia rights manages Gonzaga basketball's TV and radio multimedia rights. It would be interesting to know what the details of those arrangements are. Perhaps something that Jim Meehan could dig up.
    WCC contract with ESPN (extended in September 2019) expires at the end of the 2026-27 season.

LINK: https://espnpressroom.com/us/press-r...st-conference/

As the primary national rights holder, ESPN will televise 17 regular season men’s basketball games across its networks, including a number of games during conference play. Selections will be made prior to any other WCC media partner.
    All games aired on an ESPN network will also be available through the ESPN App, computers, smartphones, tablets and streaming devices to fans who receive their high-speed Internet connection or video subscription from an affiliated service provider.
    The KHQ / ROOT streaming hassles are a Gordion Knot unlikely to be resolved any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    WCC contract with ESPN (extended in September 2019) expires at the end of the 2026-27 season.

LINK: https://espnpressroom.com/us/press-r...st-conference/

The KHQ / ROOT streaming hassles are a Gordion Knot unlikely to be resolved any time soon.
    Love the classical reference.

So, it appears that the BOZOS that run the WCC streaming are the same people that give us gems like this tonight from the WCC stats page. Behold:

Thank you, Sidearm Sports, for your completely incompetent WCC website hosting, streaming video, and now stat pages as well.

It looks like your face caught on fire and someone tried to put it out with a fork.

First time entire season I had zero issues streaming

I have been really happy with the improvements made on streaming the games. Certainly they should have made certain that things were working well from the start of the season but that didn’t happen. As it is, think back a few seasons and be thankful we don’t have to rely on someone to create a “fishing” spot for us. Mike Roth, the AD was so responsive to my complaints (even during the game) that the last time I had issues, I was exchanging emails with one of Roth’s employees, a conference person, and someone at ROOT sports working to troubleshoot my individual issues. When the dust had cleared, the problem was due to geo blocking and they even helped me resolve that by recommending a VPN app for my iPad and iPhone (CyberGhost). Now I can avoid geo blocking and the streaming from W TV is working great. I had zero issues with the Facebook stream and zero issues with last nights stream, I set my Cyber Ghost to Montreal (while watching from Texas) and it has been great.

Actually watched the entire game with minimal issues!
    I was dreading tonight, anticipating major problems with stream and it was great!!!! I still think it's strange that all phone #'s to the WCC headquarters in San Bruno Ca. are disconnected? I cant even call and congratulate someone.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaZagFan View Post
    I was dreading tonight, anticipating major problems with stream and it was great!!!! I still think it's strange that all phone #'s to the WCC headquarters in San Bruno Ca. are disconnected? I cant even call and congratulate someone.
    I certainly am thankful. One thing that stands out to me is that the biggest issue is ROOT Sports. If I want to get access to ROOT Sports here it is expensive. I paid the bill for the last several years but since retiring, it was no longer a cost I wanted to pay given other lower cost options. Cutting the cable has been a learning experience but that is another advantage of being retired (I have the time). That geo blocking of a Gonzaga game here in Texas to protect their cable providers is just horse sh**. So thankful I don’t have to be held hostage by a second class sports channel anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by scott257 View Post
    I certainly am thankful. One thing that stands out to me is that the biggest issue is ROOT Sports. If I want to get access to ROOT Sports here it is expensive. I paid the bill for the last several years but since retiring, it was no longer a cost I wanted to pay given other lower cost options. Cutting the cable has been a learning experience but that is another advantage of being retired (I have the time). That geo blocking of a Gonzaga game here in Texas to protect their cable providers is just horse sh**. So thankful I don’t have to be held hostage by a second class sports channel anymore.
    I double checked the stadium channel to ensure it wasn't on (it wasn't), and eventually just settled on using VPN software and setting my location as Canada or Mexico, watching on my laptop and streaming to my TV. Less than ideal, but instead of paying the VPN software company, I'd love an option to pay stadium and not have to deal with this garbage.

Yeah last night was a huge improvement on the stream in terms of quality & stability - there was only only time towards the end where it got a little garbled but reloading the page fixed it quick. Much happier with the service now.

Quote Originally Posted by adoptedzag View Post
    I double checked the stadium channel to ensure it wasn't on (it wasn't), and eventually just settled on using VPN software and setting my location as Canada or Mexico, watching on my laptop and streaming to my TV. Less than ideal, but instead of paying the VPN software company, I'd love an option to pay stadium and not have to deal with this garbage.
    That would be good too, but the low monthly fee for the VPN is still significantly cheaper than Dish or DirectTv is, and at the end of February I can cancel that subscription easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Goshzagit View Post
    First time entire season I had zero issues streaming
    Same here, no issues at all, and the Stadium feed actually went live at 6:55 pm local time. I got to see the National Anthem! I have a way to stream a number of RSN's (regional sports networks), but unfortunately, ROOT is not one of them.

Only 4 more ROOT games remain for this season, the rest are on national television (ESPN or CBSSN).

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaZagFan View Post
    Geoblocking....
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

I know this is asking for too much, but has anybody had luck finding a way to stream the games from the WCC feed on a Roku? I used to use livestream, and then the stadium app, but those are now gone. Would really prefer to watch on my big screen vs my tablet...but for now I'll take an actual clear working stream!

Quote Originally Posted by zagfan24 View Post
    I know this is asking for too much, but has anybody had luck finding a way to stream the games from the WCC feed on a Roku? I used to use livestream, and then the stadium app, but those are now gone. Would really prefer to watch on my big screen vs my tablet...but for now I'll take an actual clear working stream!
    This is what I do. I have a Roku TV with a Google Chromecast dongle attached to it (they are $35 no matter where you buy it; Walmart, Amazon, whatever). You may need a wireless router to activate the dongle. Set your tablet to Google Chrome, then in the upper right corner there are 3 dots. You click on the word "Cast", then the WCC feed gets routed over to your television. You have to play around with it a bit to get the hang of it, but it works flawlessly.

If the game is on ROOT, then the game will appear on your TV in only SD quality. If the game is on ESPN, then the game will appear on your TV in HD quality (which is a moot point for me, since I already get ESPN on Spectrum cable).

Quote Originally Posted by zagfan24 View Post
    I open the game on my phone and airplay it to my Apple TV. I realize that doesn’t help the non-Apple crowd, but if you use Apple it will work for you.

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    Geoblocking....

Tried to watch the game last night but didn't work so watched the BYU-St Mary's game without any issues.