Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Video Streaming / WCCN Issues Thread

Quote Originally Posted by basketballzag View Post
    Tried to watch the game last night but didn't work so watched the BYU-St Mary's game without any issues.
    SMC is on ESPNU again on Saturday. Good to have influential friends. Speaking of which, the Zags are on at 1pm on the 2 tin cans network.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    SMC is on ESPNU again on Saturday. Good to have influential friends. Speaking of which, the Zags are on at 1pm on the 2 tin cans network.
    Figured out your problem.

You also need a piece of string. 2 cans by themselves won’t work. Need the string.

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    Figured out your problem.

You also need a piece of string. 2 cans by themselves won’t work. Need the string.
    Jazz wanted wireless.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagaZags View Post
    Jazz wanted wireless.
    Ahhh. Always 2 steps ahead .... The Jazzster.

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

Facebook again? I'm getting kinda fed up with the WCC here.

Do tell. Facebook feed worthless . . . if I could get it. Can't. I'm "In market" 130 miles away in San Diego. Okaay, if you say so.

Quote Originally Posted by upan8th View Post
    Do tell. Facebook feed worthless . . . if I could get it. Can't. I'm "In market" 130 miles away in San Diego. Okaay, if you say so.
    Download a vpn app. I am in Texas but my vpn app is on making them think I am in Canada. You can get a free trial period with most of the apps so it won’t cost you unless you keep the app.

I click on the WCC site, it takes me to Facebook with an error message: “Unable to play video. Check your connection and try again.” #### this league.
    “We’re not here as a %&#* courtesy!" - Coach Few

Quote Originally Posted by FuManShoes View Post
    I click on the WCC site, it takes me to Facebook with an error message: “Unable to play video. Check your connection and try again.”
    I made it back from LMU in one piece. Anyways, at around noon today, I went to the WCC site from my smartphone, and sure enough, I got the same thing that FuMan got. So my question is, why is Gonzaga resorting to Facebook? Surely they can do better than this. My recording came off without a hitch (will watch tomorrow), but I recorded from SportsNet LA and not Face-broke.
    WE HAVE A GOAL -- WE HAVE A MISSION -- SPOKANE, STAPLES, ATLANTA

couldn't watch the game, after it was over on
    stadium
    WTv
    even comcast app did not show the game recorded, which I know back at my house it DID record
    I don't have facebook
    dang, what a mess

hell two years ago I watched the zag games while traveling in Italy, what the heck has happened?

i signed up for a vpn and still couldn't get the stream to work on facebook...what a clusterf*@#!

With 4m left I discovered it was on my Spectrum San Diego channel. Duh. No listing, no announcement, nothing on the GU site or WCC site. How does that happen? The FB feed was fine, however

Watched it on Facebook. My Wife was able to get it on her phone then tried on my phone and couldn't. Needless to say she didn't get her phone back! The steam was great and I'm super thankful but honestly I dont think we could figure out how to do it again, it was just luck that she found it!! Way to complicated.

The two games that the WCC / Stadium Sports broadcast via Facebook, I was able to view on my phone (Android). I then used an app (Galaxy Home) to 'cast' to my HDTV. Worked perfectly.

Coverage is going backwards this year. I can't remember a season when I've been able to watch so few games. And I have to say the WCC Network is an embarrassment. I actually felt bad for Steve Lavin, who must have been thinking, "It's come to this?" The network couldn't even fit the entire LMU logo onto their wonky graphics. 1/3 of the "L" was visible, but at least they got all of the "MU". Almost got it, WCC. By the end of the season maybe the whole logo will be up and running. And nice job by the WCC scheduling the conference's perennial top team up against an NFL playoff game. Is there a better way to ensure that no one is watching? We all know there are many, many options for streaming, but that shouldn't be good enough for the top-ranked team in the nation. It isn't so much about accessibility as it is exposure, and trying to capture an otherwise passive audience. (Only interested, motivated fans are opting for viewing the game on Facebook, or the WCC/Stadium routes.) Intuitively, you just can feel the WCC, and GU, being left behind: The Big East is almost ubiquitous now with coverage on Fox and CBS several days per week. PAC12 is also expanding their coverage with their own network as well as ESPN. Big 10 is also seemingly everywhere. Same with the, SEC, ACC. Even the Mountain West has their regular niche as the nightcap on a couple of networks -- it seems like Utah State gets more play than the Zags. I live in the 7th or 8th largest media market in the country, and I'm guessing the game against Portland two weeks ago had an audience of two to three digits here: The game was scheduled for broadcast on NBC Sports Bay Ara Plus -- a secondary coverage channel. I had it all dialed up on the DVR, and I was naturally looking forward to it. When I tuned-in, to my dismay, I saw that the game had been preempted by the San Jose Sharks postgame show. Not the actual game (that was being re-run on NBC Sports Bay Area's flagship channel), but the postgame show. I patiently waited, hoping that maybe they would join the game in progress. Nope -- Sharks postgame was followed by a show about Bay Area high school sports. No reference on the programming guide to any change in scheduling, and game appeared nowhere else on the programming guide. Undaunted, I searched for the anonymous "sports overflow" channel which is lodged in obscurity among foreign movie channels -- nothing on the schedule within the programing guide, but there it was. How many people found that game in the Bay Area? Very, very few, I'm guessing. But no worries: The game was broadcast in its entirety the following Sunday evening. This is a topic for another thread, but as long as GU is in the WCC, this situation isn't going to get better. Let's hope for western expansion of the Big East.
    Last edited by PeninsulaDog; 01-13-2020 at 12:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    I made it back from LMU in one piece. Anyways, at around noon today, I went to the WCC site from my smartphone, and sure enough, I got the same thing that FuMan got. So my question is, why is Gonzaga resorting to Facebook? Surely they can do better than this. My recording came off without a hitch (will watch tomorrow), but I recorded from SportsNet LA and not Face-broke.
    Some of us will never join Facebook and "be the product." Why anyone would trust a creep like Zuckerberg with their personal data is beyond me.