Thread: College Insider Mid-Major Top-25

Default College Insider Mid-Major Top-25

This is last week's poll (pre-season), taken before any teams had played a game.

Lady Zags are the #2 Wbb Mid-Major in last week's poll. BYU was ranked #4. St.Marys was the only other WCC team listed in the poll and they received just 9 votes.

The top ranked South Dakota received 17 first place votes, The Lady Zags received 4 first place votes, and FGCU received 1 first place vote. BYU did not receive any first place votes, but #5 seeded Drake received 6 first place votes and #6 South Dakota State received 3 first place votes.

Seems like their is some disagreement amongst the voters on Drake and South Dakota State.

Week two ratings should be coming out Monday night or Tuesday morning.

Article Link: http://www.collegeinsider.com/womens...jor-top-25.php

ZagDad
    Last edited by ZagDad84; 11-11-2019 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Forgot to add the link - oops

Drake and Missouri St. from the Missouri Valley Conference both got off to a nice start last week. I know Zag fans are acquainted w/ Missouri St. from their game last year. Drake beat South Dakota St. and Iowa St. Missouri St. beat Minnesota and Boise St.

Yes, I saw that SDSU had beaten Iowa State and Missouri State had beaten then #23 Minnesota. #1 South Dakota has beaten Northeastern and Green Bay both on the road. It would not surprise me to see both SDSU and Missouri State move up the Top-25 list significantly tomorrow.

In the next two weeks (prior to Thanksgiving), South Dakota plays Drake at home, Utah on the road, then plays both Missouri and Missouri State next week before spending Thanksgiving in Las Vegas for a tournament.

This is the type of schedule the Lady Zags need to get to if they want to be a consistent Top-25 team.

ZagDad

Wow, that is quite the upcoming schedule for South Dakota. Utah is way down this year though. Lost a pair of road games to Cincinnati and Xavier already.

It's cool seeing these mid majors with good reputations playing each other (as well as some P5 teams).

GU doesn't have much of a warmup before Stanford. CSUB is awful, I saw them live Friday night. I don't know about Tennessee-Martin. They were 23-9 last year. Dropped their opener to St. Louis, they are facing #8 Mississippi St. tonight. I guess we'll get a better idea of how competitive they might be. I'm sure scheduling isn't easy, but might've been nice for the Zags to play a better opponent or 2 before heading to The Farm.

There could be some decent teams later in the schedule. Washington St. might be sneaky good. Missouri St. is certainly off to a strong start. Maybe Wyoming and/or Dayton could be decent (dang, the Flyers face South Carolina and UConn before playing GU). Of course there are other opponent TBD in the Florida tournament. I just looked at the brackets again for that, much stronger lineup on the women's side than the men's.