Thread: Gonzaga Cross Country Results and some extra stuff

Default Gonzaga Cross Country Results and some extra stuff

I had the pleasure of being an eye witness in Los Angeles the weekend before last to some fantastic performances by both the Men's and Women's Gonzaga Cross Country teams! The men had what one of my fellow alum's said was the best ever conference performance by a Gonzaga men's team and placed third behind nationally ranked BYU and Portland. In fact, only 12 points behind Portland.

The women improved greatly over last year's performance. Last year they were 8th as a team and this year, the achieved 4th.

I felt blessed to be able to be there. Here's a link to a story about the individual and team performance:

https://gozags.com/news/2019/11/1/cr...-finishes.aspx

VAN NUYS, Calif. –Claire Manley and James Mwaura ran to Top-10 finishes at the 2019 West Coast Conference Cross Country Championships at the Woodley Lakes Golf Course Friday.

Mwaura had the best finish as a Zag in the men's 8K race since 2010. The sophomore crossed the line at 23:40.17. Chris Boyle was the last GU runner to place in the top-five, finishing fourth in 2010. It's Mwaura's second straight All-WCC finish, after placing ninth last year.

Manley ran the fifth-fastest 6K time in program history at 20:33.22. She crossed the line in sixth-place. The redshirt junior is the first Zag in three years to finish in the Top-10 at the WCC Championships. Jordan Thurston was the last in 2016, when she placed fourth.

The Zags also had their best team finish in three years, placing fourth. The GU women totaled 123 points. The Bulldogs were picked sixth in the conference's preseason poll.
    I was even more blessed to take part in for the 4th year in a row, the Alumni House gathering. This gathering is by the Alumni of the program to get together over several days, share company and enjoy the WCC championship meet. This gathering has grown from about 8 of us the first year in San Diego to about 25 of us in LA. We're already planning for next year in the Bay Area when St. Mary's is the host.

What made this Alumni Gathering so special was the special presentation we made. I'll let the following video speak for itself. That is your's truly speaking in the navy blue Gonzaga tshirt:

You'll be here in the Bay Area next year? If you've got time, come on up to wine country!
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Quote Originally Posted by webspinnre View Post
    You'll be here in the Bay Area next year? If you've got time, come on up to wine country!
    I would love to.

I'll keep you posted.