Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 181

Thread: The AP Poll Thread

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    4 miles from MAC
    Posts
    3,939

    Default

    Consecutive weeks ranked in the AP Top 25 (Active) Gonzaga #3 behind Kansas and Duke:

    http://www.collegepollarchive.com/mb...m#.XgFVsUdKhnJ

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,924

    Default

    Read an article that states GU has been ranked number 1 in 4 of the last 8 years. I thought it was 3 times. Absolutely incredible.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    University Place, WA (aka Chambers Bay)
    Posts
    4,976

    Default

    Ahem .... time to change my Avatar to my 1973/74 GU “away” jersey from my freshman year at Gonzaga. We won the Championship and got to keep our jerseys (told for the umpteenth time).

    "To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,769

    Default

    Congrats to our ZAGS this year and also our previous ZAGS. I want to wish all of them a Merry Christmas and a super vacation Have a super uneventful time off. Look forward to seeing all of you back healthy and ready for a run to March. Also want to wish all of the coaches a Happy holidays and thank you for all of your work thru the years.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    46,963

    Default How the Pollsters Voted

    See this link: https://www.collegepolltracker.com/b...-bulldogs/2019

    Jesse Newell, KC Star beat writer for KU pegs GU at # 5. He has Ohio State # 1, as do 9 other voters.

    The WCC web site has a headline that says GU was unanimous # 1. True to form at the #WCC web site, that headline is wrong.

    Merry Christmas Eve Eve


    The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

    Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    17,159

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    See this link: https://www.collegepolltracker.com/b...-bulldogs/2019

    Jesse Newell, KC Star beat writer for KU pegs GU at # 5. He has Ohio State # 1, as do 9 other voters.

    The WCC web site has a headline that says GU was unanimous # 1. True to form at the #WCC web site, that headline is wrong.

    Merry Christmas Eve Eve
    Was it on their video feed as well?

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    University Place, WA (aka Chambers Bay)
    Posts
    4,976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Was it on their video feed as well?
    Can’t tell Jazz. It’s “buffering”

    "To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    497

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Section 116 View Post
    Consecutive weeks ranked in the AP Top 25 (Active) Gonzaga #3 behind Kansas and Duke:

    http://www.collegepollarchive.com/mb...m#.XgFVsUdKhnJ
    I love that. Surprising.
    My posts indicate that I don't seem to follow college basketball all that closely.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    CDA - The distillery of pure Zaga!
    Posts
    614

    Default

    I would want the target on my back going into conference play but that is just me. It's a big deal to be ranked No. 1 in the BB world, for the Zags and MF....It takes me back to the days when I first started watching in the mid 90's. What an amazing and enjoyable run it has been:

    #runthetable

    go Zags

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    seattle, spokane
    Posts
    3,228

    Default

    Now that we are #1 in most of the polls,

    Can We Expect the Predictable Power 5 refrain? YES WE CAN

    My take on this: We have been in only one Final Four. Until that changes, we can expect these kind of responses all over the country.

    -----------------------------

    From just one board: https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/sta...392370693?s=19


    1. Time for Gonzaga to be number 1 the rest of the season and lose in the Sweet Sixteen.
    2. guap ��‏ @amiraint#### 10h10 hours ago
    3.

    That’s routine
    4.
    2.
    michigan beat the #1 team in the country by 18 points that is all.

    1. RIP Gonzaga
    2. Jason R‏ @JasonTe20467011 8h8 hours ago
    More
    nah, they play cupcakes until march when theyll be exposed. again

    Incoming Detroit Mercy Victory

    Nice schedule Gonzaga has there such competition

    Good god, so much salt about Gonzaga being #1 i can taste it.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    8,848

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    Ahem .... time to change my Avatar to my 1973/74 GU “away” jersey from my freshman year at Gonzaga. We won the Championship and got to keep our jerseys (told for the umpteenth time).
    Thanks for the memories...I was there at the championship game.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    8,848

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
    Now that we are #1 in most of the polls,

    Can We Expect the Predictable Power 5 refrain? YES WE CAN

    My take on this: We have been in only one Final Four. Until that changes, we can expect these kind of responses all over the country.

    -----------------------------

    From just one board: https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/sta...392370693?s=19


    1. Time for Gonzaga to be number 1 the rest of the season and lose in the Sweet Sixteen.
    2. guap ��‏ @amiraint#### 10h10 hours ago
    3.

    That’s routine
    4.
    2.
    michigan beat the #1 team in the country by 18 points that is all.

    1. RIP Gonzaga
    2. Jason R‏ @JasonTe20467011 8h8 hours ago
    More
    nah, they play cupcakes until march when theyll be exposed. again

    Incoming Detroit Mercy Victory

    Nice schedule Gonzaga has there such competition

    Good god, so much salt about Gonzaga being #1 i can taste it.
    Zag hate leads to terrible grammar. I'm used to it, though.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    8,848

    Default

    FWIW, Dick Vitale has SMC at 21.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    183

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
    Now that we are #1 in most of the polls,

    Can We Expect the Predictable Power 5 refrain? YES WE CAN

    My take on this: We have been in only one Final Four. Until that changes, we can expect these kind of responses all over the country.

    -----------------------------

    From just one board: https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/sta...392370693?s=19


    1. Time for Gonzaga to be number 1 the rest of the season and lose in the Sweet Sixteen.
    2. guap ��‏ @amiraint#### 10h10 hours ago
    3.

    That’s routine
    4.
    2.
    michigan beat the #1 team in the country by 18 points that is all.

    1. RIP Gonzaga
    2. Jason R‏ @JasonTe20467011 8h8 hours ago
    More
    nah, they play cupcakes until march when theyll be exposed. again

    Incoming Detroit Mercy Victory

    Nice schedule Gonzaga has there such competition

    Good god, so much salt about Gonzaga being #1 i can taste it.
    Predictable pot shots from the dregs of the less informed!
    In my opinion the only argument for another team other than the Zags for #1 ranking is Ohio State. As good as the Buckeyes are you wont hear any grumbling from their fans!

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    46,963

    Default 12. 30. 19 - Week 9

    1. Gonzaga
    2. Duke
    3. Kansas
    4. Oregon
    5. Ohio State
    6. Baylor
    7. Louisville
    8. Auburn
    9. Memphis
    10. Villanova
    11. Butler
    12. Michigan
    13. San Diego State
    14. Michigan State
    15. Maryland
    16. West Virginia
    17. Kentucky
    18. Florida State
    19. Virginia
    20. Dayton

  16. #91
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,245

    Default

    Two weeks. And counting. Some time before facing a challenging opponent. Meantime, the carping will escalate, as expected. However, the Zags control their destiny. That’s not bad. Bravo, lads! Deal with what you can control; ignore the rest. Your fans applaud your efforts and appreciate you and your predecessors for over two decades. Thank you.

    Context: it’s a game. You play it extremely well. And your represent yourselves, the university and the community even better. Happy New Year.

    Go Zags! Mercy applies after the game.

  17. #92
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    6,606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TravelinZag View Post
    Two weeks. And counting. Some time before facing a challenging opponent. Meantime, the carping will escalate, as expected. However, the Zags control their destiny. That’s not bad. Bravo, lads! Deal with what you can control; ignore the rest. Your fans applaud your efforts and appreciate you and your predecessors for over two decades. Thank you.

    Context: it’s a game. You play it extremely well. And your represent yourselves, the university and the community even better. Happy New Year.

    Go Zags! Mercy applies after the game.
    Beat Detroit Mercy.

    One game at a time and don't look past like the other #1's have done.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

  18. #93
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    46,963

    Default January 6, 2020 ( Week 10 )

    https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings


    1. Zags w/ 54 1st place votes
    2. Duke w/ 9
    3. Kansas w/ 2

    Biggest Movers: Florida State jumped up 8 slots from 18 to 10. Memphis fell 12 slots, from 9 to 21.

    Poll Tracker: https://collegepolltracker.com/baske...-bulldogs/2019
    Last edited by RenoZag; 01-06-2020 at 11:20 AM.

  19. #94
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Chattaroy
    Posts
    3,719

    Default



    And hope they stay that way after spiffy play in California!
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

  20. #95
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    46,963

    Default January 13, Week 11

    AP Poll shows Zags at #1

    Full Poll Listing: https://apnews.com/APTop25CollegeBasketballPoll


    The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

    Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

  21. #96
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,111

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    AP Poll shows Zags at #1

    Full Poll Listing: https://apnews.com/APTop25CollegeBasketballPoll
    By a string. Got one fewer vote than Baylor for first.

  22. #97
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    On an island that is long
    Posts
    12,916

    Default

    Figured Zags would have been knocked out without losing a game. So very happy, even if it was a squeaker.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

    "Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

    Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

    2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

  23. #98
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Zag Country
    Posts
    3,251

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sullyzag66 View Post
    By a string. Got one fewer vote than Baylor for first.
    Two things:

    1. How does that work?!

    2. Washington beat Baylor.
    Parlez-vous français?

  24. #99
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    46,963

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sullyzag66 View Post
    By a string. Got one fewer vote than Baylor for first.
    Saw that. SDSU and Auburn fans will be grinding their axes all week, maybe for the rest of the season ?

  25. #100
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    9,253

    Default

    Over are the days where I tell fans of other teams “Sorry they ruined your day”

    Not only do I not respond to them anymore.... I’m glad their day is ruined because Gonzaga remains #1 in a poll that literally doesnt mean anything lol
    21 Straight Big Dances

    11 Straight Round of 32s

    10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

    4 Elite Eights

    2017 FINAL FOUR

    2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

    The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •