Page 71 of 121 FirstFirst ... 216167686970717273747581 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 3010

Thread: Other Games: Archive #1

Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    That's the game I will be watching; mostly because of the announcers. It will be Greg Heister and Dan Dickau on the call.
    Take note of how different Heister's on air persona is compared to when he's calling GU games. It's like a light switch he can turn off and on. I don't think I've caught him doing WSU men's game before, but women's hoops and baseball.

Default CROWN COLLEGE TRIVIA

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    ... The only OOC opponent hitting the hardwood will be North Dakota, who plays host to Crown College, a Minnesota-based, Division III school
    Who Knew? The head coach of men's basketball at Crown College, Luke Herbert, is also the head coach of Crown's men's soccer program. UND will need to be wary of the dreaded "corner kick" out-of-bounds play!

More trivia: Located 30 miles west of Minneapolis, Crown College's athletic moniker is "The Storm". No idea what their mascot looks like!
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by ProVeeZag View Post
    Who Knew? The head coach of men's basketball at Crown College, Luke Herbert, is also the head coach of Crown's men's soccer program. UND will need to be wary of the dreaded "corner kick" out-of-bounds play!

More trivia: Located 30 miles west of Minneapolis, Crown College's athletic moniker is "The Storm". No idea what their mascot looks like!
    I have this hat....from Lake Elsinore Storm minor league baseball team...eye of the storm .. )

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    I have this hat....from Lake Elsinore Storm minor league baseball team...eye of the storm .. )

I thought Lake Elsinore had a haunted brewery and hockey team, not a baseball team.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Take off you hoser!

I "predict" that SMC will be good.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Seattle 54
    Cougs 85
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Will watch the Huskies game over a few beverages with a buddy from my GU Bulletin days; headed for University Place for a weekend of sports tv, bbq, brews, and other stuff.

Have a fine Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    #9 North Carolina @ UNC Wilmington 4:00
    The Tar Heels game is not on ACC Network, it's on a paid streaming site called FloHoops. How lame is that? I want to see how they play before we play them, so hopefully I can find a free stream somewhere.

Washington vs. #16 Baylor 6:30 . ESPN
    This game will be played in Anchorage, Alaska. Dan Shulman and Jay Bilas will be on the call. No Matisse Thybulle and no Makai Mason, but still very watchable.

Looking forward to checking out UW. As a Syracuse native I am rooting for Hopkins to have great success against all but Zags.
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    Seattle 54
    Cougs 85
    It’s early but Cougs looked good. Smith looks like a good hire.

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...cougars-send-/

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    Looking forward to checking out UW. As a Syracuse native I am rooting for Hopkins to have great success against all but Zags.
    Copy that, GFlex, always want the Huskies to do well, except against the ZAGS. Looking forward to the game this year at Hec-Ed, hopefully another beat down like two years ago. I'll be there, wearing the colors proudly.

Go ZAGS

I will never root for the Huskies in any sport under any scenario. I hope they lose by 50

Why would anyone root for UW? We have enough trouble recruiting out of Seattle the way it is. The last thing we need is for them to become a top 10 team.

When UW sucked GU couldn't recruit Seattle. Why would it make any difference if UW is good now? The 206ers are gonna avoid GU either way.

Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    When UW sucked GU couldn't recruit Seattle. Why would it make any difference if UW is good now? The 206ers are gonna avoid GU either way.
    Too true. I root for the Dawgs and the Cougs as long as they aren't playing the Zags.

Hopefully Kispert blowing up this season encourages 206ers to follow his path eastward through the high desert to the oasis that is Gonzaga hoops!
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    Hopefully Kispert blowing up this season encourages 206ers to follow his path eastward through the high desert to the oasis that is Gonzaga hoops!
    True he's an exception (and GBJ, although that's probably a different area code than 206 in the South Sound). Glad he's a Zag, but a suburban kid that played at a tiny private school a few blocks away from being in Snohomish County isn't quite the same as reeling in kids from Beach and Garfield, etc. Maybe Banchero will reverse the trend, we'll see.

OK, I had to look it up. Kispert is listed as being from Edmonds. I love Edmonds! It is in SnoCo and very much suburban. So technically he's probably a 425er. Sorry to be "that guy."

I wouldn't root for the Huskies if they were playing ISIS.
    You have to love the Gonzaga fan. Not satisfied to be affronted merely by common hosings at the hands of ragtag referees, he plows all avenues of discontent. - John Blanchette

Gonzaga University...Home of the Zags...The Bulldogs. If you pronounce it "Gone Zaw Ga," they'll know you're not from here and they may charge you more for your coffee. - Garrison Keillor

One thing I admire about Roy William's is he schedules road games at small schools within North Carolina every year. Sometimes it bites him, but can you imagine how cool it is to have the Tarheels come into your building if you're UNCW.

Wow, #11 from Memphis (playing on ESPNU right now) is going totally 80s w/ really really short shorts. I think John Stockton would approve...but I'm not loving it. Yikes.

Wow, #11 from Memphis (playing on ESPNU right now) is going totally 80s w/ really really short shorts. I think John Stockton would approve...but I'm not loving it. Yikes.
    Like a rubber-necker driving by a pileup on the interstate, you strangely have me reaching for my remote. We'll see just what "really really short" means!
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo Roncalli View Post
    I wouldn't root for the Huskies if they were playing ISIS.
    ^this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

U must have missed Pavel the other night, his shorts made a statement

Can’t say UW has been all that impressive. Really bad on the defensive glass
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death