Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Other Games: Friday - 11. 08. 19

Good win for UW -- need them to win all the way up until the play us.

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    UW long and talented, but boy are they undisciplined.
    UW is long and lanky with obvious potential, but right now a group of wobbly flamingos.
    Parlez-vous français?

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    UW long and talented, but boy are they undisciplined.
    I think ‘undisciplined’ is an old label that was accurate of Romar’s teams, always, but not under Hopkins. They are just young and it was their first game of the season. UW will be a tough game for Zags for sure.
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Dawgs uber athletic.... Refs bailed them out in last 3 to 4 minutes by swallowing their whistles... nightmares of the T. Tech game came flooding back.... it's going to be a war in Seattle for sure...

Go!! Zags!!!
    Last edited by bigblahla; 11-09-2019 at 06:33 AM.
    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    I think ‘undisciplined’ is an old label that was accurate of Romar’s teams, always, but not under Hopkins. They are just young and it was their first game of the season. UW will be a tough game for Zags for sure.
    Hopkins is a good coach. His team will improve as the year progresses.
    “There is no premium content on the GUBoards. We get what we pay for.”
    Pope John XXIII in his remarks to the College of Cardinals
    -12-21-2012
    -

UW is a very long and athletic team. No easy baskets for the bigs down near the rim as well outside shooting. UW will change the trajectory of our shots. We will have to whip the ball around and catch them off balance to get clean shots.
    America's Team!

Quote Originally Posted by HenneZag View Post
    UW is a very long and athletic team. No easy baskets for the bigs down near the rim as well outside shooting. UW will change the trajectory of our shots. We will have to whip the ball around and catch them off balance to get clean shots.
    I didn't get to watch the game...so this is a somewhat un-informed opinion...but looking at their roster, none of their REALLY big 'bigs' played. They have 3 7'ers.

I think the Zags front line matches up real well, and they may have trouble handling the Zags.

Petrusev and Timme will be a load in the middle, Tillie MAY be unstoppable from outside. Last night, at the Forum get together, the idea was floated that Watson may end up being much like Clarke, where few plays are drawn up for him, but he takes what is there, inside, outside and in between. Kispert will be a load with his quick catch and shoot or driving to the hoop when covered too tightly.

I suspect that with Gilder and Woolridge driving to the basket, much may depend on how the refs call the game. If they allow slap happy defending, it could be a problem. Ayayi has shown that he is at home in the trees and can shoot the three as well. It is the backcourt of those three that may determine the outcome. Zags are thin there. If any of the three get hurt or in foul trouble, it will be problematic.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

UW looked like they were finished midway through the second half and mounted a surprising comeback. As I watched, I was was more impressed by the physical dimensions of the players than their skill as a basketball team at this point. I guess short shorts are coming back :-) made those legs look longer. At their best they looked like gazelles and at their worst I'll go with "wobbly flamingos" too.

ZZ

UW is going to be good and maybe real good and we best not underestimate them. I am in that small group that a) REALLY ESPECIALLY wants the Zags to win when they play the Dawgs, and b) roots for the Dawgs whenever they play anyone else. Too bad we can’t see this fierce rivalry as working out for both of us and our state.

Quote Originally Posted by MissZag View Post
    I will never root for the Huskies in any sport under any scenario. I hope they lose by 50
    Don't get hate here. I grew up in Washington and went to Washington schools, although I have lived on the East coast for over 30 years now. I was an avid fan of WSU and UW sports teams before I even knew GU existed. I am to this day still deeply proud of my Washington roots and would never, ever, root against its schools when they are playing schools from other states. As far as in-state school competition, my order of rooting preference is: 1. GU, 2. EWU, 3. WSU and 4. UW. As an aside, I have degrees from both GU and EWU.

Zags will definitely have their hands full in Montlake. I expect a close game at a minimum. If the Huskies don't turn the ball over and their outside shots are falling it will be an uphill battle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach Few
    We are not here as a #%$&%&! Courtesy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    I didn't get to watch the game...so this is a somewhat un-informed opinion...but looking at their roster, none of their REALLY big 'bigs' played. They have 3 7'ers.

I think the Zags front line matches up real well, and they may have trouble handling the Zags.

Petrusev and Timme will be a load in the middle, Tillie MAY be unstoppable from outside. Last night, at the Forum get together, the idea was floated that Watson may end up being much like Clarke, where few plays are drawn up for him, but he takes what is there, inside, outside and in between. Kispert will be a load with his quick catch and shoot or driving to the hoop when covered too tightly.

I suspect that with Gilder and Woolridge driving to the basket, much may depend on how the refs call the game. If they allow slap happy defending, it could be a problem. Ayayi has shown that he is at home in the trees and can shoot the three as well. It is the backcourt of those three that may determine the outcome. Zags are thin there. If any of the three get hurt or in foul trouble, it will be problematic.
    Thin backcourt will mean a lot of games will depend on how they are called.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.