Thread: Other Games: Thursday - 11. 07. 19

Default Other Games: Thursday - 11. 07. 19

No WCC games today. The only OOC opponent hitting the hardwood will be North Dakota, who plays host to Crown College, a Minnesota-based, Division III school

Seattle U visits WSU this evening at 6:00pm. PAC12 network.

The rest of a mostly terrible slate of games can be found here: https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...91107/group/50

Jeff Goodman offered up this on twitter re: today's schedule:

Tonight’s college hoops slate is atrocious. The sport needs to change that going forward, and with the TV networks, get a big boy game scheduled each day of the opening week.
    What network is going to embrace an early season basketball game that competes with the NFL for viewers ?

Have a great day
    Last edited by RenoZag; 11-07-2019 at 07:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Seattle U visits WSU this evening at 6:00pm. PAC12 network.
    That's the game I will be watching; mostly because of the announcers. It will be Greg Heister and Dan Dickau on the call.
    UNITED WE ZAG !!

Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    That's the game I will be watching; mostly because of the announcers. It will be Greg Heister and Dan Dickau on the call.
    Take note of how different Heister's on air persona is compared to when he's calling GU games. It's like a light switch he can turn off and on. I don't think I've caught him doing WSU men's game before, but women's hoops and baseball.

Default CROWN COLLEGE TRIVIA

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    ... The only OOC opponent hitting the hardwood will be North Dakota, who plays host to Crown College, a Minnesota-based, Division III school
    Who Knew? The head coach of men's basketball at Crown College, Luke Herbert, is also the head coach of Crown's men's soccer program. UND will need to be wary of the dreaded "corner kick" out-of-bounds play!

More trivia: Located 30 miles west of Minneapolis, Crown College's athletic moniker is "The Storm". No idea what their mascot looks like!
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by ProVeeZag View Post
    Who Knew? The head coach of men's basketball at Crown College, Luke Herbert, is also the head coach of Crown's men's soccer program. UND will need to be wary of the dreaded "corner kick" out-of-bounds play!

More trivia: Located 30 miles west of Minneapolis, Crown College's athletic moniker is "The Storm". No idea what their mascot looks like!
    I have this hat....from Lake Elsinore Storm minor league baseball team...eye of the storm .. )

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    I have this hat....from Lake Elsinore Storm minor league baseball team...eye of the storm .. )

I thought Lake Elsinore had a haunted brewery and hockey team, not a baseball team.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Take off you hoser!

Seattle 54
    Cougs 85
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    Seattle 54
    Cougs 85
    It’s early but Cougs looked good. Smith looks like a good hire.

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...cougars-send-/