Thread: Alabama State Post-Game Media

Default Alabama State Post-Game Media

Thought I'd post a few links about the game last night.

Interesting article from John Blanchette about the need for the guys to talk:

John Blanchette: Gonzaga’s quiet cast must learn to chat, and in a snap

There was a sitcom-worthy moment last week after Gonzaga’s exhibition game romp as a few young Bulldogs relaxed in their locker-room lounge, refueling on some grub and, well, doing what kids do.

Then in walked Dad.

“You guys get off your phones and talk to each other,” head coach Mark Few said in a voice that seemed to be equal parts needle, scold and sigh.
    Analysis: Corey Kispert shows off what he’s been working on in Gonzaga’s 95-64 win over Alabama State

Gonzaga-Alabama State: 3 keys to the Bulldogs’ victory over the Hornets
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Thanks ZN. Great being able to watch all the postgame interviews in one video.

The guy reporter asking Admon Gilder very personal questions in context of locker room immediately after the game seems off to me. Reporters allowed in right then ought to have to limit questions to the game and the team imo.
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNative View Post
    ZN as always you find those tidbits we all love to see and hear!

THANK YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post

The guy reporter asking Admon Gilder very personal questions in context of locker room immediately after the game seems off to me. Reporters allowed in right then ought to have to limit questions to the game and the team imo.
    I agree, those questions seemed out of place in the locker room they were best suited for another interview.
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

from alabama
    https://bamastatesports.com/news/201...on-opener.aspx

"Alabama State ended the night shooting 49.0 (24-of-49) percent from the floor and 56.3 (9-of-16) percent from beyond the arc. They also shot just 58.3 (7-of-12) percent from the free throw line, while grabbing 25 rebounds. Meanwhile, the Bulldogs shot 57.6 (34-of-56) percent from the floor and 50.0 (10-of-20) percent from beyond the arc. They also shot 63.0 (17-of-27) percent from the free throw line, while forcing Alabama State into 21 turnovers."

Thank you for sharing this video with the group. I know I appreciate it very, very much.

Via Jim Meehan rewind report regarding Petrusevs ankle injury:

“It was a little scary, because I almost never twist my ankles. That’s why I never tape, too.”
    Never heard of a 6'11" player not taping their ankles.

Heck, our HS coach required it even when players complained, especially the big guys with size 15+ shoes, which offer very little support as is.

Filip's quote caught me by surprise.

another article
    https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...meId=401175199

"I was in rhythm, not thinking too much," Kispert said. "I let it come to me. That's when the best things happen."

I thought Few's response the question about the new backcourt was telling. He was very complimentary about Woolridge and then said that Gilder was getting better. Gives us a window into how he sees these two as they get acclimated to life as a ZAG.

Did anybody else see it that way too?

ZZ

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post

Yeah... Weird