Thread: Final "Rise of Skywalker" Trailer Released, Looks Incredible

Default Final "Rise of Skywalker" Trailer Released, Looks Incredible

I cannot find the Star Wars thread. So, I spent the extra $10 to buy a new thread. LIZF - thx for discounting it, yes I sent it to your Pay Pal account.
    The final trailer for Rise of Skywalker is out, and I don't know who has or hasn't seen it.

I cannot tell enough about the story, but definitely seems to involve dark-force ghosts, but I'm not sure which.

All I know is it is cinematically beautiful, all on its own. And, looks extremely exciting. J.J. probably knows what's riding on this one, as "the finale" (even though there is WAY too much money involved to be the final anything, you know what I mean).

I would be very interested in hearing the takes from our Star Wars experts.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

I'm intrigued. Seems like it's gotten "cool" to hate on Star Wars since TFA and TLJ have come out. They've had some issues, but I'm still willing to give this a try.

That brief shot of the ice berg being illuminated by a light source behind it with a ship flying towards it is gorgeous!

Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    I'm intrigued. Seems like it's gotten "cool" to hate on Star Wars since TFA and TLJ have come out. They've had some issues, but I'm still willing to give this a try.

That brief shot of the ice berg being illuminated by a light source behind it with a ship flying towards it is gorgeous!
    The "cool kids" are going to hate on anything this mainstream with this much money riding behind anything now. One just has to accept that, I think.

In terms of legit criticism, the first 2 of the final epoch, 7 and 8 are infinitely better than 1-3. And IMO both are better than 6.

I don't think any of them have risen to the level of 4 and I doubt any will ever be made that are as good as The Empire Strikes Back, which is really what kept the franchise going. Rarely is a sequel better than the original, but Empire clearly was IMO.

I think it's legit to say "7" added great characters, but the story line itself mirrored "4" wayyy too much.

Then 8 comes along, and it is vastly different than Empire, and also very nuanced, much more complex than most Star Wars movies, and for that reason I liked it. But the story itself got panned by a lot of real critics, so I guess it is personal taste.

It is a genius concept when thought of globally, and I have always thought it's been the most cinematically impressive film series ever.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/...93Star+Wars%94

I’m a Foo purist who believes that the original Foo Star Wars thread is way better than the new ones, except for Post VI in that thread. It kinda fell flat after the grand climax of Post V.
    “There is no premium content on the GUBoards. We get what we pay for.”
    Pope John XXIII in his remarks to the College of Cardinals
    -12-21-2012
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/...93Star+Wars%94

I’m a Foo purist who believes that the original Foo Star Wars thread is way better than the new ones, except for Post VI in that thread. It kinda fell flat after the grand climax of Post V.
    I deserved that.

Happy new season day, everyone.
    Mark Twain.

A new season, a new hope. . .

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    A new season, a new hope. . .
    New challenges, same old foe, UNC, dark side, Univ of No Classes, road block to N.C.s. New Jedis. I will stop now.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    I deserved that.

Happy new season day, everyone.
    The new trailer looks great. It didn’t quite bring tears to my eyes the way the final trailer for Episode VII did, but I am definitely excited about this one.
    “There is no premium content on the GUBoards. We get what we pay for.”
    Pope John XXIII in his remarks to the College of Cardinals
    -12-21-2012
    -

Sounds like the Emperor in the video, same accent. Palpatine? The one Luke and Vader waxed?
    Mark Twain.

This gives me all the feels so much.

1) Sheev Palaptine is back as the "big bad"
    2) Leia will absolutely be critical to the movie - so be prepared for ugly crying during her scenes
    3) My favorite character (movies and old pre-Disney books, as played by Ewan McGregor's uncle) Wedge Antilles is likely bac

I'm so looking forward to this.

The moment of the Star Wars theme being introduced in the trailer just gives me big nerd chills, but it's hard for me to be coherent about Star Wars.

NOTE: my four favorite SW movies are (in rough order):
    Rogue One
    The Empire Strikes back
    The Last Jedi
    A New Hope
    History has its eyes on you.

Sage of the GU Message Board