X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZagRecruitWatch
    Kennel Club Alum
    • Jul 2019

I doubt I will tho, Ayayi look confident with the ball.

Comment

• willandi
      Zag for Life
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by ZagRecruitWatch View Post
      I'm saying based on performances in this game, Ayayi should start without a doubt. That being said I reserve the right to change that opinion 5 games deep because it is a exhibition game.
      Then, and to be perfectly clear you DID say at the three, with just 3 guards for two spots, I have to consider you a fool. I DO reserve the right to change that if, after five games, you have corrected your cranial/rectal inversion.
      Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• Reborn
        Zag for Life
        • Oct 2007

Originally posted by cjm720 View Post
        Thank you. Post more, please!
        I totally concur. airborneJag's post helped me visualize the game the best. Thanks AIRBORNE (ARE WE RELATED) LOL
        Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• sonuvazag
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Who is the primary backup at the 3 as it is now?
          Agent provocateur

Comment

• willandi
            Zag for Life
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by sonuvazag View Post
            Who is the primary backup at the 3 as it is now?
            Before tonight I thought it was Kispert, Watson and Arlaukas.

Watson showed himself strong for PT at the 4, but I think Tillie will start there. Watson may start at the three by years end....of course he might start at the 5 as well.

He is very talented.
            Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• ZagRecruitWatch
              Kennel Club Alum
              • Jul 2019

Originally posted by willandi View Post
              Then, and to be perfectly clear you DID say at the three, with just 3 guards for two spots, I have to consider you a fool. I DO reserve the right to change that if, after five games, you have corrected your cranial/rectal inversion.
              You can consider what you like but by my math here's what people can play: at the 1 (Joel, Woolridge, Gilder) at the 2 (Kispert, Gilder, Joel) at the three (Kispert, Joel, Anton, Arlauskas, Gilder) throw in a Ravet and I can give you a whole new array of options.

Comment

• sonuvazag
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by willandi View Post
                Before tonight I thought it was Kispert, Watson and Arlaukas.

Watson showed himself strong for PT at the 4, but I think Tillie will start there. Watson may start at the three by years end....of course he might start at the 5 as well.

He is very talented.
                I thought Ayayi played well in his role and is equipped to play at the 3, but I get your reservation about him starting there. Even in such a scenario, he would still spend more time as a 1/2. Kispert would have to spell Gilder/Woolridge as much as Ayayi and any time Kispert shares the court with Ayayi, Ayayi slides down to guard.

Watson is really the one making a case for an unusual adjustment to the starting lineup, but it was just one game against an overmatched opponent.

I expect Watson, Timme and Ayayi to be outstanding in backup roles.
                Agent provocateur

Comment

• NotoriousZ
                  Zag for Life
                  • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
                  I totally concur. airborneJag's post helped me visualize the game the best. Thanks AIRBORNE (ARE WE RELATED) LOL
                  Yes that was a great summary. For those that didn’t get to see the game another thing I would like to add is that you could see that the team chemistry seems to be strong already.
                  It's peanut butter jelly time!

Comment

• LTownZag
                    Banned
                    • Mar 2017

Watson will be too dynamic (defense, boards, loose ball fast breaks) to keep off the floor. He has less innate physical ability and strength than Rui, but a higher BB IQ and might fill a similar point-fwd role.

That means Kispert will be spending some time at the "2" when Gilder is at the point.

Despite the view of several on this board, I dont see Kispert being particularly better or different this year than he was the last 2 years. He was limited the last 2 years by his relative slowness (especially laterally on D) and his inability to slash or get to the rim and score. I think those limitations are mostly innate and will not change for his 2 upperclassmen years.

He is a great FT shooter, just as he is a good 3pt shooter in catch-and-shoot scenarios. It is a shame he hasn't found a way to draw more fouls and score from the charity stripe. IMO that would be his most plausible means of increasing his value on offense.

Comment

• HenneZag
                      Zag for Life
                      • Aug 2012

I dont think it matters if Watson starts. Watson will get significant minutes whether he starts or not. Kispert has a ton of experience and will be Fews safety net. Kispert didn't have a stellar game but I'm not concerned.

I loved what I saw from the young guys,so much potential. There will be so many creative lineups with this diverse group. If we have a healthy Tillie I'm super jacked about what this team will look like mid season.
                      America's Team!

Comment

• LTownZag
                        Banned
                        • Mar 2017

Few loves his 3 guard (2 PG) lineups.

But given the depth of bigs and scarcity of guards, it will be a challenge this year assuming Tillie is usually healthy.

Seems like our best lineup is probably Ryan/Admon/Anton/Killian/Filip (a little short of ball handling but Anton seems pretty capable)

Comment

• GonzagasaurusFlex
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by LTownZag View Post

But given the depth of bigs and scarcity of guards, it will be a challenge this year assuming Tillie is usually healthy.

Seems like our best lineup is probably Ryan/Admon/Anton/Killian/Filip (a little short of ball handling but Anton seems pretty capable)
                          Last night was first time Ive seen Watson play other than highlights (as is true for every new Zag). My impression is Watson can do as much as this team needs him to do and we only caught a glimpse last night. As impressive as his stats were, it’s his smart b-ball mind and confidence he played with that impress and excite me most. Great feeds into Petrusev and Timme; a willing passer, very very capable scorer (from all 3 levels?) and I love the Thybulle comparison on how he impacted the game defensively. I think dude could be coached into role of a ball handling little for added guard depth, if that’s what the coaches want him to be for this team. Who knows, maybe Arlauskas is getting settled in and showing signs of contributing this season?

PS Read this whole thread and no mention of Woolridge obviously playing through some kind of leg or knee injury.......he needs to be healthy for this early season gauntlet.
                          Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
                            Last night was first time Ive seen Watson play other than highlights (as is true for every new Zag). My impression is Watson can do as much as this team needs him to do and we only caught a glimpse last night. As impressive as his stats were, it’s his smart b-ball mind and confidence he played with that impress and excite me most. Great feeds into Petrusev and Timme; a willing passer, very very capable scorer (from all 3 levels?) and I love the Thybulle comparison on how he impacted the game defensively. I think dude could be coached into role of a ball handling little for added guard depth, if that’s what the coaches want him to be for this team. Who knows, maybe Arlauskas is getting settled in and showing signs of contributing this season?
                            There’s your Joe Harris comparison, and at 6-8. Fluid. Plays within himself. Finds teammates.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by LTownZag View Post

Thank you.

Comment

• CanadianZagsFan
                                Kennel Club Material
                                • Jun 2016

I’m not worried about absence of a player like Ravet with this depth. Few has never gone four/five deep in backcourt anyways, or at least in recent memory outside of garbage mins. The front court is so deep. Young. But deep nonetheless. Tillie would help that depth , but done banking on him. It is what it is.

Comment

Working...
                                X