Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to watch Gonzaga vs Lewis & Clark game

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    My Dish has the Zags game on KHQ, channel 6. I set it to record. I doubt that KHQ has different programming for Dish and DirectTV.
    I will certainly try watching on DirecTV - at least set that time slot to record. We've not been all that impressed with DirecTV as of late but we haven't many options where we live. Dish would not set up a dish if it wasn't attached to our home. We live 20 mi N of Spokane in a wooded area where trees block satellite reception to our house. DirecTV was able to set up a dish on a post near the house. We do not have cable in our area either. For getting online we use Wind Wireless of Spokane with a radio transmitter/receiver 20' up in a big Ponderosa Pine. We would have gone to today's game* but the Mrs and I both came down with a bug (or food poisoning) a couple days ago. Just now feeling a bit normal. We'll be headed to the 11/5 game and taping it if we can. We've also gone to watch games at the N side Wandermere Cinemas for free. It does not look like they are showing tonight's game: http://www.spokanemovies.com/ - might have to call them to make sure (???)

*Tickets were available to ZAG members on Wednesday - as well as for the 11/5 game. For those Zag fans in the Spokane area joining ZAG is a great option for going to Zags games early in the season and when students are out of town (when more tickets are available). Joining ZAG per year is $250 and it really helps if you can get online exactly when the tickets go on sale (usually 0900 on Wednesdays). For more information: https://gozags.com/sports/2018/7/11/...ll-access.aspx We also go halves with season ticket holders we know who can only go to 1/2 the games due to their work schedule. We're pickled tink they can't go on 12/18 and we are They're #1 choice for going is GU vs BYU.

Go Zags!

Soooo... my post-college daughter is taking over our house to have a party with her friends... which means my wife and I are being kicked out for the evening. Going to head to a brewery, bring a battery pack for my phone, and stream it. Honestly, will only be half watching so as to not be rude.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Soooo... my post-college daughter is taking over our house to have a party with her friends... which means my wife and I are being kicked out for the evening. Going to head to a brewery, bring a battery pack for my phone, and stream it. Honestly, will only be half watching so as to not be rude.
    That sounds like a great option .... esp at a brewery!

Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    The Stadium app is total garbage, yes. I only use it as a last resort. As to streaming a game, it's not blurry for me. But I have a 150 megabyte per second wireless connection and a $1000 Dell laptop, so I'm sure that makes some difference. My picture quality is almost HD.

I'm also a diehard, but since I don't get ROOT or KHQ, it's the WCC website or nothing. I'm not missing a Zag game!

Killian Tillie will not play tonight, but I'm sure we will be fine without him. I expect the freshmen to get a lot of playing time; Lewis & Clark is not exactly a powerhouse school.
    Yeah my connection isn't the problem as I have good speeds its just the damn Stadium app on FireTV...its so unresponsively slow. Luckily I've got a long-enough hdmi cable that I can run from my computer to my big screen tv, but its not exactly easy to set up. At least I'll still be able to watch the game, as I've hyped my 8-year old up for the last month to watch it with me and I don't want to disappoint now!

I'm so confused. I assumed the first game was Alabama state. I'm assuming the listed 6:00 tip is not adjusted for my timezone, and that it tips 6:00 PST?

Quote Originally Posted by zagdontzig View Post
    I'm so confused. I assumed the first game was Alabama state. I'm assuming the listed 6:00 tip is not adjusted for my timezone, and that it tips 6:00 PST?
    Yep, 6 PM PST.
    https://gozags.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball

Any one know if via stadium app can you watch archived - or only live? I won't be available during LIVE time.

Quote Originally Posted by gonstu View Post
    Any one know if via stadium app can you watch archived - or only live? I won't be available during LIVE time.
    On Stadium it says ....

Stadium is the original multi-platform sports network featuring exclusive live and on-demand games and events, extensive highlights, classic games, original programming, and daily live studio programming. Stadium includes a 24/7 linear feed distributed across both digital and broadcast platforms, as well as a comprehensive array of on-demand (VOD) digital content including additional live games and events.
    My guess is that they likely will only have this game live. But, I really do not know what sort of games are archived. Unless someone puts tonight's game on YouTube I think we're out of luck for seeing it after the fact. I believe the WCC archives some games (not sure) but when it's a preseason game .... I'm guessing it won't rank as something where people will go out of the way to make it available.

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Careful of the data charges

In the past, the Gonzaga games have been archived at watchstadium. They would show up as archived by the following day. We will soon find out if that is the case after tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by strikenowhere View Post
    I didn't miss it and those are definitely my fallback plan...I was just looking for something a little more tv friendly instead of sitting in front of my computer to watch. I've used the Stadium app before, but its a piece of garbage.
    you should be able to watch it over Roku or Firestick or the like.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by Zagger View Post
    I will certainly try watching on DirecTV - at least set that time slot to record.
    Be careful with that. I know on Dish if you set something to record and the program guide changes (i.e. you set it up to record Judge Judy at 6pm but then the program guide updates to say Gonzaga), Dish will cancel the recording.
    Now my Sat. Box is fairly old and I would think there must be a way to set it to record "KHQ at 6pm" but I've never found it.

Quote Originally Posted by North Idaho Zag View Post
    Be careful with that. I know on Dish if you set something to record and the program guide changes (i.e. you set it up to record Judge Judy at 6pm but then the program guide updates to say Gonzaga), Dish will cancel the recording.
    Now my Sat. Box is fairly old and I would think there must be a way to set it to record "KHQ at 6pm" but I've never found it.
    My Directv guide finally shows the game on KHQ instead of the regular schedule today.

A little help understanding what's happening...is Root Sports still Fox Sports NW?

If so, then Fox and Dish are going through the bargaining process and all Fox Sports channels have been removed and I can't get GU games on DISH UNTIL a new contract is signed in the future...

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    A little help understanding what's happening...is Root Sports still Fox Sports NW?

If so, then Fox and Dish are going through the bargaining process and all Fox Sports channels have been removed and I can't get GU games on DISH UNTIL a new contract is signed in the future...
    Check out their Wikipedia page. Root Sports is a joint venture between AT&T SportsNet and the Seattle Mariners. It’s too confusing for me, but AT&T carries some programming from Fox Sports, per wiki. Several FSN regionals are now AT&T SportsNet. Fox Sports has several regional networks but not one for the NW region.

When I looked at cutting the cord recently, regional FSN was on multiple streaming apps but didn’t carry Gonzaga and I had to stick with the regional sports package on DirecTV. A regional AT&T streaming app, if available, might carry it.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    Check out their Wikipedia page. Root Sports is a joint venture between AT&T SportsNet and the Seattle Mariners. It’s too confusing for me, but AT&T carries some programming from Fox Sports, per wiki. Several FSN regionals are now AT&T SportsNet. Fox Sports has several regional networks but not one for the NW region.

When I looked at cutting the cord recently, regional FSN was on multiple streaming apps but didn’t carry Gonzaga and I had to stick with the regional sports package on DirecTV. A regional AT&T streaming app, if available, might carry it.

Thank you for sharing...still trying to find out exactly what channel on DISH is Root Sports.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    Thank you for sharing...still trying to find out exactly what channel on DISH is Root Sports.
    Tonight's game is on KHQ and not ROOT. Also, it's my understanding that Dish Network has dropped a whole lot of RSN's (regional sports networks) and ROOT may be one of them.

Slightly off topic, but I see that the WCC website has now added the George Fox at Portland Pilots game. So it looks as if this is the new normal; a WCC mens basketball game won't be added to the website until the day before the game.
    UNITED WE ZAG, BAY-BEE, UNITED WE ZAG

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post

I do not see the game listed on Direct TV 687 - which they still list as RTNW (On mine) and where I normally get the local games, but I don't see this one.

Every year I say I'm cutting the cord and save hundreds of dollars, and every year I decide it's just not worth the risk.

I can watch Providence at Boston College Women's hockey game tonight at 6:00 p.m. (PDT), but not Zag bb.

I shouldn't complain. I remember in 2000 being elated that I could get the games on radio over the net, first game I listened to was that tournament they played in DC against Maryland, Stepp didn't miss, we won. Times change.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Here in AZ. ROOT is 426 and has been dropped on the RSN's GRRRRRR. Fox and Dish are still at it

Quote Originally Posted by baitcast View Post
    Here in AZ. ROOT is 426 and has been dropped on the RSN's GRRRRRR. Fox and Dish are still at it
    I have Dish and get Root Sports NW. It isn’t a Fox Sports Net channel. I get it on 412-16. They are not carrying the exhibition game tonight, though.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    I do not see the game listed on Direct TV 687 - which they still list as RTNW (On mine) and where I normally get the local games, but I don't see this one.

Every year I say I'm cutting the cord and save hundreds of dollars, and every year I decide it's just not worth the risk.

I can watch Providence at Boston College Women's hockey game tonight at 6:00 p.m. (PDT), but not Zag bb.

I shouldn't complain. I remember in 2000 being elated that I could get the games on radio over the net, first game I listened to was that tournament they played in DC against Maryland, Stepp didn't miss, we won. Times change.
    I’m right there with you. At least my wife puts up with the obsession. The life of an out of town Zag fan (and their poor spouse)...

I’m going to try the WCC stream mentioned somewhere above tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    I have Dish and get Root Sports NW. It isn’t a Fox Sports Net channel. I get it on 412-16. They are not carrying the exhibition game tonight, though.
    THANK YOU! It’s there as you said

Hey! Huddy Buddy and Mo are on now on 1510 KGA radio with their pregame show! Season is here!

Radio online: http://player.listenlive.co/33811

Quote Originally Posted by North Idaho Zag View Post
    It’s now listed on the DirecTV directory
    Yippee!

Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post

(C) the WCC-tv website. Here is the link: https://wccsports.com/watch/?id=6099295383001
    The game is mixed in with other sports, Women's Volleyball, Women's Soccer, etc. The basketball game won't go live until
    exactly 6 pm Pacific time. But it does work, it's how I watched a lot of Zag games last season.
    Excited to be able to watch tonight online... all queued up and ready to roll