Thread: Zags 2019/20 record prediction

Default Zags 2019/20 record prediction

25 wins in regular season.

Sweet 16 loss
    Love the zags for life

According to Draftkings, Gonzaga win total for regular season opens at NCAA-high 27.5.

Article Link: https://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/i...-ncaa-high-275

Odds of GU winning the national Championship = 25-1.

ZagDad

Sweet sixteen. Losses to UW, Seton Hall, SMC x2. Win against UNC at home. 4 seed.

26 wins and elite Eight. I have this feeling that we lose to Washington this year.
    “People have an uncanny ability to make me think I am smarter than I really am. Human Beings bring me back to reality.” S.T.

Bump
    Love the zags for life

29 wins and sweet sixteen

28 wins in the regular season and a return to the Final Four.

This team starts three seniors - I don't care if two are grad transfers, that is valuable experience (that dude on Texas Tech who destroyed us was a grad transfer). Couple it with rising stars in Pertrusev and Kispert and this team has tons of potential. I haven't even mentioned any of the freshmen, who make up are best recruiting class ever.

I could see us losing to Seton Hall/Oregon/UNC/Michigan in Atlantis, but really don't expect a loss to UW. Plenty of Seattle zags will make UW's arena feel more like Kennel West, and I'm not so sure that UW will be any better than their team that played in the 8/9 game last year. They do have two exceptional freshmen though and I'm glad their program is going in the right direction for the sake of the rivalry.

UNC game feels like a coin flip, would be a huge win. Don't envision many issues with Arizona or Texas A&M. Think we have one loss in conference play to SMC, either @SMC or in the title game.

29 wins... final 4
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

27 wins... I think there will be a head scratcher or two that they'll lose, but get to the Elite Eight. (Hoping for another Final Four though!)
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

26 regular season wins, 1 win in WCC and 3 wins in NCAA for a total of 30 wins

We lose in Paradise Finals, @UW, UNC, @SMC, @Pepperdine and WCC Final and EE game

for a 30-7 record

PS: This prediction is based upon having a healthy Tillie for the season

If we go to final 4 again this yr im streaking.
    Love the zags for life

Losses to UW and SMCx1, loss in the Elite 8.

26 Wins, 7 losses through the WCC Tournament.

Bracketed in the NCAA tournament as a low seed ( 7 - 12 ). Win in the first round of the Big Dance, lose in the round of 32.

Quote Originally Posted by Zags11 View Post
    If we go to final 4 again this yr im streaking.
    I think we are one athletic versatile rebounder and shot blocker away from a F4 type squad.

As skilled and tough as we are, we lack rim protection and an athletic presence outside Watson, who plays wing and forward as well.

We are missing one more athletic body to pair with Tillie, Petrusev, & Timme up front.

If just one of Brandon Clarke and/or Rui was on this team, we'd be a shoe in.

However, if Watson plays at a one and done type level and Ayayi explodes onto the scene, anything is possible as we also need better depth at guard.

13-3 out of conference (includes Bahamas) and 14-2 in conference put us 27-5 heading into conference tournament. I would say somewhere in the 3-5 seed line depending on which games we win/lose and how those teams do. Extend streak of going to the Sweet 16.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    26 Wins, 7 losses through the WCC Tournament.

Bracketed in the NCAA tournament as a low seed ( 7 - 12 ). Win in the first round of the Big Dance, lose in the round of 32.
    Between two of my good friends: LIZF has us at 29 wins and a final four, and you have us at potentially a 12 seed.

I don't think either of you are right. But, if I had to pick who is "More right" I think it is you.

Six losses, 5-6 seed, a loss in the S16* (Mark Few has solved the puzzle of the first weekend,)

*Unless Tillie doesn't miss a 3 pt attempt in the post season tournaments.
    Last edited by RenoZag; 11-01-2019 at 05:33 PM.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Uncharacteristic, but not beyond the pale, three losses in conference play lead to six L's total through WCC tourney. Silver lining: Unexpected run to the Elite Eight from a 4 seed.

5 losses(pre NCAA tournament), wcc champs, 4 seed, sweet 16

Quote Originally Posted by zagssuperfan View Post
    5 losses(pre NCAA tournament), wcc champs, 4 seed, sweet 16
    I doubt we will be a 4 seed with 5 losses.

26-4 regular season

1 WCC win

2 - 1 in NCAA
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time