Thread: Over/Under 27.5 regular season wins.

Default Over/Under 27.5 regular season wins.

DraftKings set GU's over/under on regular season wins at 27.5, which was the highest in the country. What do you think, 28-3 or 27-4?

Bet the under and be happy with the over .

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    DraftKings set GU's over/under on regular season wins at 27.5, which was the highest in the country. What do you think, 28-3 or 27-4?
    I'll go with the under, and hope I'm wrong.

ETA: Link to story in espn.com: https://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/i...-ncaa-high-275
    Last edited by TexasZagFan; 10-25-2019 at 10:27 AM.

Others:
    Memphis 26.5
    Duke, Michigan St. 25.5
    Kentucky, North Carolina, Villanova 24.5
    Kansas 24
    Virginia 23.5
    Louisville, Ohio St, Texas Tech 22.5

This year? I feel under.

I have a feeling we drop 3 or 4 games we have no business losing, esp in conference.

Will not go undefeated in WCC play.

Most difficult aspect of coaching freshman, even the most talented ones: consistency.

We have a lot of freshman. They will have amazing games and not so amazing games. Happens to the best, and we have a lot of youth this year.

Expect ups and downs and different times for each of them.

It could also take a month or two to define roles. Pecking order on the court.

There a couple, even a few who feel they are the #1 option on offense this season.

Last year, it was obvious, seamless, already decided who was logging how much playing time, shots, etc.

Team effort, as always, in GU system, yet there are still roles. Who does what and WHEN.

That is far from decided when the games count and when actual pressure (game lights) are on.

Growing pains and inevitable due to youth and new faces. They will grow as the season goes, yet listening to player interviews/podcasts/etc tell me they are still figuring it out. And coaches are still being surprised, pleasantly and otherwise, of the young guys abilities and performances.

25 wins would be outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Goshzagit View Post
    This year? I feel under.

I have a feeling we drop 3 or 4 games we have no business losing, esp in conference.

Will not go undefeated in WCC play.

Most difficult aspect of coaching freshman, even the most talented ones: consistency.

We have a lot of freshman. They will have amazing games and not so amazing games. Happens to the best, and we have a lot of youth this year.

Expect ups and downs and different times for each of them.

It could also take a month or two to define roles. Pecking order on the court.

There a couple, even a few who feel they are the #1 option on offense this season.

Last year, it was obvious, seamless, already decided who was logging how much playing time, shots, etc.

Team effort, as always, in GU system, yet there are still roles. Who does what and WHEN.

That is far from decided when the games count and when actual pressure (game lights) are on.

Growing pains and inevitable due to youth and new faces. They will grow as the season goes, yet listening to player interviews/podcasts/etc tell me they are still figuring it out. And coaches are still being surprised, pleasantly and otherwise, of the young guys abilities and performances.

25 wins would be outstanding.
    Great post! 25-6 during the regular season would be excellent IMO. I cannot imagine us going 16-0 in conference, there has been overall improvement in the WCC.

Based on scrimmage with MSU, I say OVER. To me, this feels like a S16 or better team. It's been 8 years since the team didn't win at least 28 games. OVER, OVER, OVER.

To get to 28-3 we probably can only lose 2 in the non-con which will be tough with either Seton Hall or Oregon and then possibly UNC in the Battle 4 Atlantis, with road games at Texas A&M, Washington, and Arizona and home against UNC. That leaves only 1 conference loss which again will be tough. I'd take the under also. I dont think we will lose 3-4 games in conference we have no business losing though. The last 5 years I dont think GU has lost a game I thought going in we had no chance to lose. They've all been pretty good teams that just outplayed us. I dont know if it's a change in Fews coaching that is keeping these guys from having a let down game or if it's just because of an increase in talent, but we havent had those games that left me thinking what the hell just happened like we seemed to have every year early on in Fews tenure. BYU has had those games in conference a couple times every year since they joined the WCC. GU for several years has been bringing it nightly.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyZag View Post
    Based on scrimmage with MSU, I say OVER. To me, this feels like a S16 or better team. It's been 8 years since the team didn't win at least 28 games. OVER, OVER, OVER.
    That over under of 27.5 is for regular season only, doesn't count conference or NCAA tourney wins, so there were several years without 28 regular season wins.

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    That over under of 27.5 is for regular season only, doesn't count conference or NCAA tourney wins, so there were several years without 28 regular season wins.
    Well that changes things... UNDER, UNDER, UNDER

I'm going with OVER. Gilder/Woolridge

Defense will win games this year

Go Zags!

The under is the right bet and it has nothing to do with how GU potentially fares in post season.
    I miss Mike Hart

Under. 25 wins
    Love the zags for life

there is no legal way to bet money on the zags this year from the location of Washington state, right?

That is correct.

25 to 1 seems worth betting since I will be in Vegas next week....

i would too if I was there