Thread: Pacers shopping Domas

Default Pacers shopping Domas

https://twitter.com/sam_amick/status...19188631474176

Apparently, they can't agree on the extension. Pacers do not want to pay as much as Domas and his agent think they're worth.

With Domantas Sabonis and the Indiana Pacers far apart in discussions about a possible contract extension, and with a deal looking unlikely as the Monday night deadline looms, sources say the Pacers have engaged in active trade talks with several teams this week about the fourth-year forward. Sabonis, the 23-year-old who arrived with Victor Oladipo in late June 2017 in the Paul George trade with Oklahoma City, is clearly on the market.

There is no lack of interest in Sabonis, who averaged 14.1 points, 9.3 rebounds and 2.9 assists last season as the Pacers — who lost Oladipo to a season-ending ruptured quad injury in a game against Toronto on Jan. 23 — pulled off such a surprising campaign (48-34; lost in the first round to Boston). Thus far, sources say the Pacers’ asking price in talks with several teams has been too high.
    https://theathletic.com/1305800/2019...e-on-the-move/

With Domantas Sabonis and the Indiana Pacers far apart in discussions about a possible contract extension, and with a deal looking unlikely as the Monday night deadline looms, sources say the Pacers have engaged in active trade talks with several teams this week about the fourth-year forward. Sabonis, the 23-year-old who arrived with Victor Oladipo in late June 2017 in the Paul George trade with Oklahoma City, is clearly on the market.

"There is no lack of interest in Sabonis, who averaged 14.1 points, 9.3 rebounds and 2.9 assists last season as the Pacers — who lost Oladipo to a season-ending ruptured quad injury in a game against Toronto on Jan. 23 — pulled off such a surprising campaign (48-34; lost in the first round to Boston). Thus far, sources say the Pacers’ asking price in talks with several teams has been too high."
    A PF averaging close to a double double OFF THE BENCH, would be good for almost any team.

It seems as if the Pacers KNOW how good he is and how good he CAN be but they don't want to be the ones to pay him. They want someone else to.

If, as it is inferred, a deal isn't done by Monday, does Domas become a free agent at the end of the year? Wouldn't that mean he would be able to sign with any team and the Pacers not get any compensation?

I am not an NBA exec or expert, but it just seems that it would behoove the Pacers to figure something out. Maybe the Nets take him to fill in for, and then alongside, Durant.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post

"There is no lack of interest in Sabonis, who averaged 14.1 points, 9.3 rebounds and 2.9 assists last season as the Pacers — who lost Oladipo to a season-ending ruptured quad injury in a game against Toronto on Jan. 23 — pulled off such a surprising campaign (48-34; lost in the first round to Boston). Thus far, sources say the Pacers’ asking price in talks with several teams has been too high."

A PF averaging close to a double double OFF THE BENCH, would be good for almost any team.

It seems as if the Pacers KNOW how good he is and how good he CAN be but they don't want to be the ones to pay him. They want someone else to.

If, as it is inferred, a deal isn't done by Monday, does Domas become a free agent at the end of the year? Wouldn't that mean he would be able to sign with any team and the Pacers not get any compensation?

I am not an NBA exec or expert, but it just seems that it would behoove the Pacers to figure something out. Maybe the Nets take him to fill in for, and then alongside, Durant.
    This is a bit of a strange quote coming from Domas, he never struck me as a drama queen, so something really must've happened where he felt disrespected by the Pacers front office. Strange:

Domantas Sabonis: “Theres not really much to talk about. I know exactly how the Pacers feel about me now. They know how I feel about that. There’s not much more to say. I’ll let my agents do the rest of it, we’ll see what happens”

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post

I sure hope not for Sabonis’ sake. Playing w Kyrie would not be good for him imo. Irving creates drama and funky team dynamics.

Have read comments on Twitter speculating a deal w Celtics: Sabonis for Jaylen Brown straight up. Both in final year of rookie contract. Celtics need a big, Pacers need a wing....no idea if either team could then get an extension done or willing to just rent him for a year before worrying about signing to a new contract.
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1