Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ROOT and KHQ tip times

Default ROOT and KHQ tip times

The Zags take the court for a real game exactly two weeks from today (who cares if it's pre-season, it's our first chance to see the new guys). We know it will be on ROOT, as it's not on ESPN or CBSSN. We know it will most likely start at 6 pm, that's when the Zags like to have a home game that's not on national TV. The game is already listed on W.tv, which means it will be streamed live.

So what is the holdup on the official ROOT announcement? No other non-national TV games have tip times set either. I'm sure Heister, Fox, and Dickau would like to know when they are working, sooner rather than later.

The Gonzaga site (here or PDF here) doesn't list TV yet either, and if I recall previous pre-season games were not on ROOT... it would be great if this year's was on ROOT but I'm not holding my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by kdaleb View Post
    The Gonzaga site (here or PDF here) doesn't list TV yet either, and if I recall previous pre-season games were not on ROOT... it would be great if this year's was on ROOT but I'm not holding my breath.
    My recollection as well.

Well, even if the Lewis & Clark State game isn't on ROOT, it's already listed on the WCC website to stream. So something is better than nothing. I checked StubHub and Seat Geek for the tip time of the Alabama State game; they say 1 pm. That can't be right; the Zags always tip at 6 pm for a non-national TV game.

Red face The W.tv?

Couldn't find the game on The W.tv. Help, please. (Sure hope this's true. Really, really want to watch.)

:]
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddwell View Post
    Couldn't find the game on The W.tv. Help, please. (Sure hope this's true. Really, really want to watch.)

https://wccsports.com/index.aspx?path=mbball

You have to click on the "Mens Basketball" section and the game shows up in the scroll bar at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by kdaleb View Post
    Last season, the exhibition opener ( vs. Central Washington on 11/1/18) was televised on KHQ but not ROOT. The second game on 11/6/18 vs. Idaho State was on KHQ and ROOT. FWIW, both contests tipped off at 6:00pm.

https://gozags.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=259

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    https://wccsports.com/index.aspx?path=mbball

You have to click on the "Mens Basketball" section and the game shows up in the scroll bar at the top.

Thanks!

Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Are the non-ESPN games going to be on ROOT this year? I looked at the schedule on the GoZags site and don't see ROOT listed anywhere? Not sure if this was covered in another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenZag View Post
    Are the non-ESPN games going to be on ROOT this year? I looked at the schedule on the GoZags site and don't see ROOT listed anywhere? Not sure if this was covered in another thread.
    I made an inquiry directly to Root Sports about two weeks ago with this very question. The answer was "Absolutely we will continue to air all non-ESPN Gonzaga Basketball games on Root Sports". Not so sure about the early games with the non- D1 teams though.
    To Fish & Game: Keep streams stocked well for Mr. Few!

It was announced recently that several games will be on cbs sports. I'm guessing those will not be aired on Root either.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagal View Post
    It was announced recently that several games will be on cbs sports. I'm guessing those will not be aired on Root either.
    2 games on CBSSN. One against LMU and one against SCU.

WCC website lists a 6 pm tip time for the Lewis & Clark game (as if we could not figure that out already).
    KHQ television for the game. No ROOT.
    https://gozags.com/schedule.aspx?path=mbball

My assumption is that most of the TBA games will be on Root. Dan Dickau, on the podcast ZagNative posted, is preparing to announce for another season.

Odd though, that the broadcast schedule for a top 10 team is still not officially locked 2 weeks out from the start of the season.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

I just got a heads up from my other sports board that the Alabama State game will tip at 5 pm. It will be televised on ROOT, AT&T Rocky Mountain, and other RSN's. Not sure about KHQ yet.

I actually called the university today inquiring about pocket and magnetic schedules. I was informed that they are still working on the final few game times and "should" have a finalized schedule by the end of the week or early next week. Which means that schedules won't be printed until at least the latter part of next week. Fyi, if you're a local like me, you can (in theory) pick one of those schedules up at the office just inside the main south doors of the MAC at the bottom of the stairs as I have done the past few years. Please don't take more than you actually need or they will possibly cut off access to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by zagamatic View Post
    I actually called the university today inquiring about pocket and magnetic schedules. I was informed that they are still working on the final few game times and "should" have a finalized schedule by the end of the week or early next week. Which means that schedules won't be printed until at least the latter part of next week. Fyi, if you're a local like me, you can (in theory) pick one of those schedules up at the office just inside the main south doors of the MAC at the bottom of the stairs as I have done the past few years. Please don't take more than you actually need or they will possibly cut off access to everyone.
    Yupp, for the locals in Spokane, it would be nice if they knew when the exact tip time would be for the remainder of these games. I'm in the LMU area, so obviously not local, but I am a busy individual, and I plan my entire day around a Zag TV game. I realize that none of the other WCC schools have set tip times for their conference games either, but it's time to s**t or get off the pot.

The tip time for all of the non-conference games has (finally) been set.

https://gozags.com/schedule.aspx?schedule=273

The schedule doesn't show which network(s) will broadcast the five home games from 11/5 to 11/23. . .safe to assume they will be ROOT ? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    The schedule doesn't show which network(s) will broadcast the five home games from 11/5 to 11/23. . .safe to assume they will be ROOT ? Thanks
    The Alabama State game is confirmed to be on ROOT:

https://northwest.rootsports.com/

We have to assume the other 4 will be on ROOT as well, they are just being slow to update the main schedule page. The reason that the home opener is at 5 pm and not 6 pm is because the Utah State game directly follows the Zag game.

Arkansas Pine Bluff game is now showing up on the ROOT website.

The home games not on major networks are typically shown on Root out of area and KHQ/SWX locally.

Hopefully the stream is stocked for us out-of-towners. Almost fishing season
    "There is always some kid who may be seeing me for the first time. I owe him my best."--Joe DiMaggio

We Dish users in Az. are waiting for Dish and Fox to kiss and make up I can't even get WCC something about a pop-up -bocker which I don't have?

Arkansas Pine Bluff game is now showing up on the ROOT website.
    Is that before or after our game with the Rocko-Clubbo School of Typewriter Repair?
    It's peanut butter jelly time!