Thread: Player Preview: Oumar Ballo -- Slipper Still Fits

Default Player Preview: Oumar Ballo -- Slipper Still Fits

Per Roth’s comments on the situation to The Spokesman-Review, it appears that this is simply a a situation of when, and not if, the NCAA processes all of Ballo’s paperwork and clears him for game action
    Like the "When" part.....

The only way to fast track this process is for Ballo to hire a lawyer and sue the NCAA for holding up his eligibility. The statistics shows that the NCAA moves at a rapid pace once the suit is filed and clears the player shortly thereafter. See Tacko Fall & Cheick Diallo.

Quote Originally Posted by basketballzag View Post
    The only way to fast track this process is for Ballo to hire a lawyer and sue the NCAA for holding up his eligibility. The statistics shows that the NCAA moves at a rapid pace once the suit is filed and clears the player shortly thereafter. See Tacko Fall & Cheick Diallo.
    Nice research! I’m not surprised.
    Parlez-vous français?

There is the possibility he redshirts this year due to his age and talent on the team. Obviously there is a lot of talent up front. I don't see a lot of minutes available for a 17 year old freshman who is learning the system late. Probably similar to Rui as a Fr.

However, if he's cleared early enough, I think he plays. Similar to Rui, he doesn't see himself spending 4 years on campus. If that's the case, I see his biggest impact on THIS team as a rim protector. Much like Zach Collins was.