Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Scrimmage

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    Gilder and Woolridge are supposed to be exceptional defenders, correct?
    That is what we've heard. And though it was a scrimmage, I was not disappointed with what I saw in either last Saturday..
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Wouldn’t your expectations be just as high if it was Suggs after a month?
    5-star athleticism tends to remediate some of these freshman growing pains.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    Let's say Ravet hit 5 of 6 threes, didn't turn it over, and dunked over Kispert.

We would still be wise to not read much into it, no organized defense, no scouting, no sets, no bright lights …

It is a scrimmage for fun. ANY major conclusion is flawed beyond belief …

Jazz said Spartan guards will abuse Ravet (paraphrasing). I expect Sparty to abuse the team as a whole. We're talking the possible number one team, the vastly more experienced team, built to withstand the B1G. So, even stating that MSU will undress a guy who's been on campus 4 weeks isn't really saying much.

This team, more than any in a decade, is best left to evolve without many firm conclusions about anyone or anything.
    I'm sort of a gestalt, overall feeling kind of guy, as opposed to a practical, nuts and bolts, logic and analysis based sceptic. So I'll say this, which I've probably said before. In 1997 I went to the Huskies' preseason exhibition against a nondescript Russian club team, and after the game bought a season ticket based on Dan Dickau (for $97; they were almost giving them away), not Todd MacCulloch or Donald Watts After I saw Brock play at the Showare Center in January, I'd do the same if he was in my area. Essentially the same player at the same age imo. Will he develop like Dickau? Probably a long shot, but not out of the question entirely imo. Does a lot that's similar, and has a feel that can't be taught. FWIW I saw Raivio in HS and didn't have the same feeling about him, though he was pretty good.

Wouldn’t your expectations be just as high if it was Suggs after a month?
    Jalen Suggs is a "5 Star" ranked point guard ranked #6 by ESPN in the Top 100. Short answer.....NO

Quote Originally Posted by zagnut2012 View Post
    Jalen Suggs is a "5 Star" ranked point guard ranked #6 by ESPN in the Top 100. Short answer.....NO
    But that’s the point. Right now Ravet represents the point guard going forward.

But that’s the point. Right now Ravet represents the point guard going forward.
    I may be missing the point, but my take is this. My "expectation" of Ravet is far less, than the expectation I have for Suggs. Is Ravet going to be the "point guard going forward'? I don't know if he will be. If Suggs comes in next season, he will, in all likelihood be the "point guard going forward". At least until he leaves for the NBA. Ravet may be the backup to Woolridge, then be the backup to Suggs. My crystal ball broke last week so that's all I got. If I'm totally missing the point I apologize in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by zagnut2012 View Post
    My crystal ball broke last week so that's all I got. If I'm totally missing the point I apologize in advance.
    This might help. https://www.kullysupply.com/delta-rp...all-repair-kit

Quote Originally Posted by FlyZag View Post
    Thanks...Fly...I'll get one on order...

FWIW I think Gilder will hold his own v Sparty.
    fwiw...kispert abused sparty in last year's scrimmage...obviously didn't amount to much but maybe it shows he has it in him...could really use a jump from him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by WallaWallaZag View Post
    fwiw...kispert abused sparty in last year's scrimmage...obviously didn't amount to much but maybe it shows he has it in him...could really use a jump from him this year.
    As I recall, he was the nominal player of the scrimmage. Helps being surrounded by all that pro talent, however.

As I recall, he was the nominal player of the scrimmage. Helps being surrounded by all that pro talent, however.
    I sure hope Kispert doesn't read all the negative thrashing of his passion to be the best Zag basketball player he can be. Another poster praised Kispert, but of course we know who's always there to disagree and attack, either subtly or blatantly. [Now it's time for me to re-invoke the ignore function so I don't have to read the relentless negativity.]

Quote Originally Posted by zagmeister View Post
    I sure hope Kispert doesn't read all the negative thrashing of his passion to be the best Zag basketball player he can be. Another poster praised Kispert, but of course we know who's always there to disagree and attack, either subtly or blatantly. [Now it's time for me to re-invoke the ignore function so I don't have to read the relentless negativity.]
    During his post-game interview, I found it interesting Corey stated, he expects to be the "#1 option, maybe #2 on offense this season". His exact words.

I didn't nor wouldn't expect that, yet awesome he's ready to step up his game this year.

He also mentioned he was asked to be a spot up shooter in year's past yet will create his own shot more often.

Good to hear.

Kispert has been very, very patient and has waited for his time. This year could be it. I hope so. I love our talent from the beautiful state of Washington. I hope he follows in Gary Bell's shoes, and I think he can.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

The last two scrimmages, Kispert has been singled out in a very positive way. Give the kid a break. I felt he was a very valuable part of a very talented team
    last year and his defense and offensive rebounding really took a step up by the end last year. Corey has a great character and will be a very positive influence on the
    newcomers and rest of the team. Time will tell, but I am looking forward to a great year from him.

kISPERT HAS TONS OF TALENT BUT BEST OF ALL, HE BRINGS THAT DIMENSION THAT'S HARD TO MEASURE .team AND HE'S A VERY POSITIVE COHESIVE FORCE imho. hE'S GOT HIS 3RD YEAR TO PICK THINGS UP. hE'S BEEN SURROUNDED BY SUPERP PLAYERS. iT'S HARD TO SHINE WHEN SOMEONE ELSE IS OBVIOUSLY MOVING ON THE THE NEXT LEVEL. hE'S A TOUGH KID THOUGH. I'm EXPECTING LEADERSHIP AND A VERY STRONG SEASON FROM HIM THIS AND NEXT YEAR.. Sheeeeeeeit I typed all that in caps. I didn't look down. lol Didn't mean to yell.

Hahaha. That was great.

Kispert's great. I'm not worried about his production next year in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    kISPERT HAS TONS OF TALENT BUT BEST OF ALL, HE BRINGS THAT DIMENSION THAT'S HARD TO MEASURE .team AND HE'S A VERY POSITIVE COHESIVE FORCE imho. hE'S GOT HIS 3RD YEAR TO PICK THINGS UP. hE'S BEEN SURROUNDED BY SUPERP PLAYERS. iT'S HARD TO SHINE WHEN SOMEONE ELSE IS OBVIOUSLY MOVING ON THE THE NEXT LEVEL. hE'S A TOUGH KID THOUGH. I'm EXPECTING LEADERSHIP AND A VERY STRONG SEASON FROM HIM THIS AND NEXT YEAR.. Sheeeeeeeit I typed all that in caps. I didn't look down. lol Didn't mean to yell.
    ABOUT TIME SOMEONE YELLS A POSITIVE MESSAGE. Expect Kispert to have a strong season; higher level of leadership, and a more active scorer.

Remember that Kispert put up 39 in the 2016 Seattle Pro Am. He's capable of being a go-to scorer.

Quote Originally Posted by MyZags View Post
    ABOUT TIME SOMEONE YELLS A POSITIVE MESSAGE. Expect Kispert to have a strong season; higher level of leadership, and a more active scorer.
    I’ve said it before, Kispert’s ceiling is Thunder Dan Majerle type talent. I hope he shines bright this season.
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    Iíve said it before, Kispertís ceiling is Thunder Dan Majerle type talent. I hope he shines bright this season.
    That is some high ceiling, ThunderFlex. Hope youíre right, but if heís really option one or two I think the Zags will finally have the Joe Harris they passed on years ago. Maybe no NBA all-star Thunder, but possibly an NCAA all American none the less.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!