• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DZ
    Zag for Life
    • Sep 2007

Meehan: Tillie out with Knee Surgery

Utter gut punch, according to Jim Meehan: https://twitter.com/SRJimm/status/1180598583436828675

Gonzaga's Killian Tillie is out after undergoing knee surgery Thursday. His status will be evaluated weekly, according to GU. Another brutal blow for the senior, who was limited to 15 games with a pair of injuries last season.
    So sorry, Killian.

Best wishes.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.
  • JPtheBeasta
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2008

Originally posted by DixieZag View Post
    Utter gut punch, according to Jim Meehan: https://twitter.com/SRJimm/status/1180598583436828675

So sorry, Killian.

Best wishes.
    "Evaluated weekly" is better to hear than "back in 6-8 weeks." DK Metcalf was playing for the Seahawks within a few weeks after surgery this preseason. Hopefully it's something minor (relatively speaking; I wouldn't say that anything requiring surgery is minor, per se). Maybe it's just a little meniscus cleanup job.

Comment

• DZ
      Zag for Life
      • Sep 2007

Originally posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
      "Evaluated weekly" is better to hear than "back in 6-8 weeks." DK Metcalf was playing for the Seahawks within a few weeks after surgery this preseason. Hopefully it's something minor (relatively speaking; I wouldn't say that anything requiring surgery is minor, per se). Maybe it's just a little meniscus cleanup job.
      I noticed that, too. Just thought it would be best to wait to hear more details than a tweet, I was just wishing Killian well, not "best wishes" in "good bye" or anything.
      Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
      Mark Twain.

Comment

• bdmiller7
        Zag for Life
        • Jun 2017

I'd guess meniscus tear based on the evaluates weekly. When I was 21 I had my knee scoped for a tear and within 4 weeks I'd forget which knee had surgery. If that's the case he could be fully recovered by season start. Hoping for that for him.

Comment

• LTownZag
          Banned
          • Mar 2017

Jeff goodman the college bball analyst clarified:

Mark Few to me on Killian Tillie right knee surgery earlier this week:

“This was a preventative help with long-run stuff so I think it can actually be a real positive. Was not an injury deal.”

There's currently nothing of confidence publicly released that would imply he'll miss even the first few weeks.

Comment

• Section 116
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Jim Meehan
            @SRJimm
            ·
            1h
            GU's official release on Tillie called it a "knee procedure."

More:
            Jim Meehan
            @SRJimm
            ·
            22m
            Update on Tillie's injury (doesn't sound too serious) :
            Quote Tweet

Spokesman Sports
            @SpokesmanSports
            · 35m
            🏀 Gonzaga forward Killian Tillie has been bitten by the injury bug again.

The senior forward is sidelined for an unspecified amount of time after undergoing a “knee procedure” Thursday, according to a school release. His status will be evaluated weekly.
            Gonzaga forward Killian Tillie has been bitten by the injury bug again. The senior forward is sidelined for an unspecified amount of time after undergoing a “knee procedure” Thursday, according to a school release. A source confirmed Tillie had surgery to “clean up” in his knee, so it’s apparently not something too serious.
            Last edited by Section 116; 10-05-2019, 03:39 PM. Reason: added content

Comment

• Radbooks
              Zag for Life
              • Jun 2007

I thought it was odd when Tillie didn't go to the WCC thing in Vegas this week since he's a senior and they usually represent teams. Hope it gets well soon!
              “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Comment

• DZ
                Zag for Life
                • Sep 2007

Originally posted by LTownZag View Post
                Jeff goodman the college bball analyst clarified:

Mark Few to me on Killian Tillie right knee surgery earlier this week:

“This was a preventative help with long-run stuff so I think it can actually be a real positive. Was not an injury deal.”

There's currently nothing of confidence publicly released that would imply he'll miss even the first few weeks.
                Except … it was Meehan who used "brutal blow" ...

Never mind.

I just hope Killian gets to have the season he deserves.
                Mark Twain.

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
                  Zag for Life
                  • Oct 2008

Originally posted by DixieZag View Post
                  Except …

Never mind.

I just hope Killian gets to have the season he deserves.
                  + 1

Comment

• Nevada Don
                    Professional Zag Fan
                    • Apr 2012

Deeply bummed. So very sorry for Tillie and GU. Hoping for the best possible outcome for him.

Comment

• TheBunnieRancher
                      Kennel Club Material
                      • Oct 2007

Adam Morrison and Tom Hudson were speculating on their radio broadcast that Tillie might miss a few of the early games but be back in time for the Battle in Atlantis tournament.

Mark Few on Tillie's surgery
                      Last edited by TheBunnieRancher; 10-05-2019, 05:13 PM. Reason: To add tweet with Few's comment

Comment

• Zagger
                        Banned
                        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by TheBunnieRancher View Post
                        Adam Morrison and Tom Hudson were speculating on their radio broadcast that Tillie might miss a few of the early games but be back in time for the Battle in Atlantis tournament.
                        Could be just the right procedure at the right time (at least now rather than later). Hoping the procedure solves the issue it’s intended for. Killian could really shine this season if he can stay in great shape.

Comment

• cscz28
                          Kennel Club
                          • Apr 2009

Just curious, how does health insurance work for college athletes with these kind of procedures?

Comment

• Section 116
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Meehan: Few on Tillie's surgery: it was more proactive ... to clean some things out and proactively take a step that will really help him long run. We had a little window to do something; think be a really good move for him as we venture down the road."

Comment

• MickMick
                              Zag for Life
                              • Apr 2007

30 years ago, a knee scope for removing cartilage put me out six weeks, but I'm telling ya.....my knee felt great the next day. Like I could run on it. At least the pain was completely gone. I worked construction at the time and my Doc told me to take the time off, so I took a trip to England. Never felt any discomfort after the surgery.

The doctor told me it was not a matter of if, but when my knee would become arthritic. 30 years later and no indications of it. Would never know that it happened at all.
                              I miss Mike Hart

Comment

Working...
                              X