Thread: Meehan: Tillie out with Knee Surgery

Default Meehan: Tillie out with Knee Surgery

Utter gut punch, according to Jim Meehan: https://twitter.com/SRJimm/status/1180598583436828675

Gonzaga's Killian Tillie is out after undergoing knee surgery Thursday. His status will be evaluated weekly, according to GU. Another brutal blow for the senior, who was limited to 15 games with a pair of injuries last season.
    So sorry, Killian.

Best wishes.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    Utter gut punch, according to Jim Meehan: https://twitter.com/SRJimm/status/1180598583436828675

So sorry, Killian.

Best wishes.
    "Evaluated weekly" is better to hear than "back in 6-8 weeks." DK Metcalf was playing for the Seahawks within a few weeks after surgery this preseason. Hopefully it's something minor (relatively speaking; I wouldn't say that anything requiring surgery is minor, per se). Maybe it's just a little meniscus cleanup job.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    "Evaluated weekly" is better to hear than "back in 6-8 weeks." DK Metcalf was playing for the Seahawks within a few weeks after surgery this preseason. Hopefully it's something minor (relatively speaking; I wouldn't say that anything requiring surgery is minor, per se). Maybe it's just a little meniscus cleanup job.
    I noticed that, too. Just thought it would be best to wait to hear more details than a tweet, I was just wishing Killian well, not "best wishes" in "good bye" or anything.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

I'd guess meniscus tear based on the evaluates weekly. When I was 21 I had my knee scoped for a tear and within 4 weeks I'd forget which knee had surgery. If that's the case he could be fully recovered by season start. Hoping for that for him.

Jeff goodman the college bball analyst clarified:

Mark Few to me on Killian Tillie right knee surgery earlier this week:

“This was a preventative help with long-run stuff so I think it can actually be a real positive. Was not an injury deal.”

There's currently nothing of confidence publicly released that would imply he'll miss even the first few weeks.

Jim Meehan
    @SRJimm
    ·
    1h
    GU's official release on Tillie called it a "knee procedure."

More:
    Jim Meehan
    @SRJimm
    ·
    22m
    Update on Tillie's injury (doesn't sound too serious) :
    Quote Tweet

Spokesman Sports
    @SpokesmanSports
    · 35m
    🏀 Gonzaga forward Killian Tillie has been bitten by the injury bug again.

The senior forward is sidelined for an unspecified amount of time after undergoing a “knee procedure” Thursday, according to a school release. His status will be evaluated weekly.
    http://bit.ly/31Q2VzZ
    Last edited by Section 116; 10-05-2019 at 04:39 PM. Reason: added content

I thought it was odd when Tillie didn't go to the WCC thing in Vegas this week since he's a senior and they usually represent teams. Hope it gets well soon!
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    Jeff goodman the college bball analyst clarified:

Mark Few to me on Killian Tillie right knee surgery earlier this week:

“This was a preventative help with long-run stuff so I think it can actually be a real positive. Was not an injury deal.”

There's currently nothing of confidence publicly released that would imply he'll miss even the first few weeks.
    Except … it was Meehan who used "brutal blow" ...

Never mind.

I just hope Killian gets to have the season he deserves.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    Except …

Never mind.

I just hope Killian gets to have the season he deserves.
    + 1

Deeply bummed. So very sorry for Tillie and GU. Hoping for the best possible outcome for him.

Adam Morrison and Tom Hudson were speculating on their radio broadcast that Tillie might miss a few of the early games but be back in time for the Battle in Atlantis tournament.
    https://twitter.com/BrennaGreene_/st...505974272?s=09
    Mark Few on Tillie's surgery
    Last edited by TheBunnieRancher; 10-05-2019 at 06:13 PM. Reason: To add tweet with Few's comment

Quote Originally Posted by TheBunnieRancher View Post
    Adam Morrison and Tom Hudson were speculating on their radio broadcast that Tillie might miss a few of the early games but be back in time for the Battle in Atlantis tournament.
    Could be just the right procedure at the right time (at least now rather than later). Hoping the procedure solves the issue it’s intended for. Killian could really shine this season if he can stay in great shape.
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

Just curious, how does health insurance work for college athletes with these kind of procedures?

Meehan: Few on Tillie's surgery: it was more proactive ... to clean some things out and proactively take a step that will really help him long run. We had a little window to do something; think be a really good move for him as we venture down the road."

30 years ago, a knee scope for removing cartilage put me out six weeks, but I'm telling ya.....my knee felt great the next day. Like I could run on it. At least the pain was completely gone. I worked construction at the time and my Doc told me to take the time off, so I took a trip to England. Never felt any discomfort after the surgery.

The doctor told me it was not a matter of if, but when my knee would become arthritic. 30 years later and no indications of it. Would never know that it happened at all.
    I miss Mike Hart

Bummer

Quote Originally Posted by Section 116 View Post
    Meehan: Few on Tillie's surgery: it was more proactive ... to clean some things out and proactively take a step that will really help him long run. We had a little window to do something; think be a really good move for him as we venture down the road."
    If only preventative, proactive, & not an injury deal, gotta wonder why they didnt do this in, say, June instead of October?

Maybe tried playing through it, as it sounds like all were aware of this chronic issue.

Hope this doesnt hold him back in his final season, will need some time to get back in shape...

Quote Originally Posted by cscz28 View Post
    Just curious, how does health insurance work for college athletes with these kind of procedures?
    Usually a player’s medical costs are covered first by his/her own (i.e. parents’/family’s) medical insurance, whatever that may be, as primary insurance. The school also carries medical insurance that kicks in as secondary. The combination of primary and secondary coverages means the athlete and his/her family pays no out of pocket medical costs, including deductibles and co-pays. The secondary coverage usually only applies, though, to an injury or condition that is a result of the athlete participating in his/her school sport.
    Better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
    solo deo gloria

Default Meehan: Tillie out with Knee Surgery

During presentations to alumni at Volkar's Gaffney Champions Room, the shades were up and I was able to observe Killian and another player getting some shooting in. Tillie had a wrap on his knee. Wasn’t moving at full speed but didn’t appear to have anything close to a limp.

Get well soon !

Sent via mobile device
    Last edited by RenoZag; 10-14-2019 at 09:35 AM.

Basketball Web Sites Listing

"The most interesting place exists between how people see themselves and how other people do." -- Wright Thompson

Great to hear Reno. Thx
    To Fish & Game: Keep streams stocked well for Mr. Few!

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    During Alumni presentations at Volkar conference room, was able to observe Killian and another player getting some shooting in. Tillie had a wrap on his knee. Wasn’t moving at full speed but didn’t appear to have anything close to a limp.

Get well soon !

Sent via mobile device
    I very much want the GU freshmen to each have amazing seasons, especially Brock Ravet, as we are shallow at the PG spot and having 2 high quality PGs next year could be the key to a national championship.

All that said, there is NO PLAYER I'd rather pick to have a standout healthy year than Killian Tillie, and I feel no Zag deserves it more. I want him to show his versatility, dominate, train the young big guys in the GU tradition, and get drafted to an NBA team on a guaranteed deal.

RenoZag. Da. Man.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    During Alumni presentations at Volkar conference room, was able to observe Killian and another player getting some shooting in. Tillie had a wrap on his knee. Wasn’t moving at full speed but didn’t appear to have anything close to a limp.

Get well soon !

Sent via mobile device

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    RenoZag. Da. Man.
    Agreed. Hope to see Tillie playing soon!
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

There was an instagram yesterday in the story section of him riding an exercise bike while watching video. Looks like he's coming along nicely.