Thread: One All Expense Paid Trip ...

Default One All Expense Paid Trip ...

You get two weeks off, there are no issues with family, or dish access to Zag games, no issues at all, total freedom.

Cost is taken care off, you'll have business class flights, as direct as possible, and nice accommodations.

Meals are reimbursed.

Two weeks.

You're off.

Where do you go?

I still haven't made up my mind.

I can't decide …. Paris, Tuscany, Tahiti, Tokyo …

Give me advice, not that I'm going, just help me decide.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Tahiti is amazing, wife and I went on a cruise there for our honeymoon. Would recommend though to learn basic French as we had a heck of a time trying to get bug bite cream without speaking any French.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11 cheers for binary!

"Make me a sandwich"
    "Make it yourself"
    "Sudo Make me a sandwich"
    "Okay"

Italy

New Zealand.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Default One All Expense Paid Trip ...

Where ever family & friends congregate.

Or:

New Zealand

Sent via mobile device

Basketball Web Sites Listing

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

I have been lucky to travel all over the U.S. Canada and some of Mexico. So, not complaining, I have been spoiled.

But, I have never been overseas, not once.

A big part of me says the only responsible answer is Paris, bc of the culture, museums, architecture, food, etc etc. (Given I've never been over seas at all, if I only had the one trip …)

But, I spent summers in Hawaii through college, and there is something about the south Pacific. I would have a hard hard time not going to Tahiti. South Pacific sunsets, sand, water, air, almost like valium to me.

While living in Hawaii I knew a guy whose dad was an Air Force attache. He had lived ALL OVER the Pacific, and he swore to me that the nicest island in the Pacific was Saipan. I have no idea if he's right or whatever, but damn, the guy had been everywhere.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

New Zealand... beautiful, beautiful place. I've been one time on a cruise and can't wait to go back and see it more in depth.
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

My first thought is Prague (I have a friend currently visiting there and it looks amazing).
    Tahiti would be amazing too. I'm not much of a beach person, but I do enjoy the story of the HMS Bounty so hopefully there'd be some nerdy stuff I could immerse myself in. I also enjoy Tahitian dancing, I've taken a few classes but it's hard on the knees, so I'd just find a tropical drink and watch.

Don't need an airplane. Don't need a boat. Expenses including food are minimal. Make sure you are wearing a nice set of boots and bring your fishing pole. Park your car on the east side of the Sierras and start walking west with a full backpack. Make it late May or early June. Magnificent sharp edged peaks with thick patches of snow. Unbelievable rich valleys with the greenest grass you've ever seen and every eye popping color of wildflower imaginable. Drop down into the John Muir Wilderness blanketed with forests and meadows and wildlife in abundance. Butterflies dancing, waterfalls crashing, lakes that no mirror could match. Sunshine one minute, thunderstorms the next. Ever see a Golden Trout? The stars as bright as lasers, our own galaxy as milky as it's name implies.

If God allows me to find Devil's Punchbowl again, I'll have lived more than most. If I died looking I'd be just as happy.

I believe that everyone can find their special place in this world if they want to. I found mine. I'm looking forward to finding it again.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    I have been lucky to travel all over the U.S. Canada and some of Mexico. So, not complaining, I have been spoiled.

But, I have never been overseas, not once.

A big part of me says the only responsible answer is Paris, bc of the culture, museums, architecture, food, etc etc. (Given I've never been over seas at all, if I only had the one trip …)

But, I spent summers in Hawaii through college, and there is something about the south Pacific. I would have a hard hard time not going to Tahiti. South Pacific sunsets, sand, water, air, almost like valium to me.

While living in Hawaii I knew a guy whose dad was an Air Force attache. He had lived ALL OVER the Pacific, and he swore to me that the nicest island in the Pacific was Saipan. I have no idea if he's right or whatever, but damn, the guy had been everywhere.
    I did a five-week, 15-city backpacking tour of Europe after college and went back a few years ago to see Paris, London, Bath, Rome, Florence and Venice. If I had to choose to visit only one city again it would be Paris. I know it has a terrible rep in terms of attitude toward Americans but that has not been my experience at all. Lots of friendly encounters. Maybe I'm just lucky.

Prague is also quite great so I second that sentiment. I believe it was mostly spared from the destruction of WWII so it has a lot of its older architecture still intact. When I was there in 2000, the dollar went quite far. I want my next trip to be Prague, Vienna, a few German cities, the French Rivieria and Barcelona. I like to tour and I think I could get it all in in a couple of weeks.
    Agent provocateur

Quote Originally Posted by Markburn1 View Post
    Don't need an airplane. Don't need a boat. Expenses including food are minimal. Make sure you are wearing a nice set of boots and bring your fishing pole. Park your car on the east side of the Sierras and start walking west with a full backpack. Make it late May or early June. Magnificent sharp edged peaks with thick patches of snow. Unbelievable rich valleys with the greenest grass you've ever seen and every eye popping color of wildflower imaginable. Drop down into the John Muir Wilderness blanketed with forests and meadows and wildlife in abundance. Butterflies dancing, waterfalls crashing, lakes that no mirror could match. Sunshine one minute, thunderstorms the next. Ever see a Golden Trout? The stars as bright as lasers, our own galaxy as milky as it's name implies.

If God allows me to find Devil's Punchbowl again, I'll have lived more than most. If I died looking I'd be just as happy.

I believe that everyone can find their special place in this world if they want to. I found mine. I'm looking forward to finding it again.
    That, sir, is quite possibly the best thing I’ve ever read on this board. Beautiful writing
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Cinque Terre

Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Paddle-boarding in Fiji.
    “There is no premium content on the GUBoards. We get what we pay for.”
    Pope John XXIII in his remarks to the College of Cardinals
    -12-21-2012
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzgirl_127 View Post
    My first thought is Prague (I have a friend currently visiting there and it looks amazing).
    Tahiti would be amazing too. I'm not much of a beach person, but I do enjoy the story of the HMS Bounty so hopefully there'd be some nerdy stuff I could immerse myself in. I also enjoy Tahitian dancing, I've taken a few classes but it's hard on the knees, so I'd just find a tropical drink and watch.
    My then-girlfriend (now wife) and I took a train to Prague for a long weekend in 2001. I was working in Germany for the summer. A couple of coworkers told me it was the best kept secret in Europe and the city they recommended over all others for a weekend visit.

It was amazing. I found it to be significantly less crowded and less expensive than some of the more popular European tourist destinations, such as Rome, Paris, and London. I’ve heard that is no longer “a best kept secret” and that it is much more crowded than it was back then. I’d still go back in a heartbeat.
    “There is no premium content on the GUBoards. We get what we pay for.”
    Pope John XXIII in his remarks to the College of Cardinals
    -12-21-2012
    -

" Sweet dreams are made of this...

Who am I to disagree..

I have traveled the world and the seven seas

Everybody is looking for something "

Quote Originally Posted by TheZagPhish View Post
    Cinque Terre

Beautiful.

I wonder if they have any good food there, being on the Italian coast and all, I wonder …

I don't see a Buffalo Wild Wings ...
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    Beautiful.

I wonder if they have any good food there, being on the Italian coast and all, I wonder …

I don't see a Buffalo Wild Wings ...
    Starbucks so you could get coffee?
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!