Thread: Krem report about Kraziness and recruiting

Default Krem report about Kraziness and recruiting

https://www.krem.com/mobile/article/...e-9d0faa1cb2a7
    Krem 2 sports anchor gives a breakroom on the recruits visiting this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBunnieRancher View Post
    https://www.krem.com/mobile/article/...e-9d0faa1cb2a7
    Krem 2 sports anchor gives a breakroom on the recruits visiting this weekend.
    Brenna is a great follow on Twitter and I sure hope she has a great source regarding Suggs. Maybe she knows Caldwell personally

That was fun! Thanks for posting.

“Don’t be surprised if Suggs commits to GU on Saturday or shortly there after.”

That part made me smile. I’m thinking we get two new commitments on Saturday!
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

I think we’re there with Suggs.

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    I think we’re there with Suggs.
    Someone tell Jazz

Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousZ View Post
    Someone tell Jazz
    Huh? Do I have to quote the late, great Lawrence Peter Berra?

GU is recruiting like a top 5 program now. Even if they don't land every player in attendance, just getting a group like that to Kraziness indicates a major recruiting threshold has been crossed.

It has been such a thrill watching this program evolve.
    I miss Mike Hart

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Get your nice comment about Zach Norvell queued up.

"When you get to a fork in the road, take it?"
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Well.

Four recruits, 18 stars among them. Two of them verbaled, and one "expected" to do so?

Anyone have any thoughts on Holmgren? Would it be greedy to want him to join, too?

I almost wonder if our stacked, young, front court might turn him off. Then again, not a ton of true centers nowadays, and we're pretty good at putting them in the NBA.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    Well.

Four recruits, 18 stars among them. Two of them verbaled, and one "expected" to do so?

Anyone have any thoughts on Holmgren? Would it be greedy to want him to join, too?

I almost wonder if our stacked, young, front court might turn him off. Then again, not a ton of true centers nowadays, and we're pretty good at putting them in the NBA.
    Dixie,
    I think that is a plus as he doesn't want to play in the post...too restrictive...really wants to be a three or four so he can shoot from the outside...

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    Well.

Not greedy at all! He is 7' but i would say he's more like a hybrid not a true center. Whatever he is he can score! Similar to Durant ( not there quite yet) but he is never going to be a thick body type i dont care how much time he spends in the weight room. At 7' and long almost impossible to block his jumper not really like any of the current bigs so i dont think that would factor in his decision making.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaZagFan View Post
    Not greedy at all! He is 7' but i would say he's more like a hybrid not a true center. Whatever he is he can score! Similar to Durant ( not there quite yet) but he is never going to be a thick body type i dont care how much time he spends in the weight room. At 7' and long almost impossible to block his jumper not really like any of the current bigs so i dont think that would factor in his decision making.
    Could turn out to be a thin Mel Counts...

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaZagFan View Post
    Plus out of Petrusev, Timme, Ballo, and Zakharov I'm not sure who will still be here in 2021-22. Wiltjer, especially his junior year, played outside a lot. Not the ballhandler Chet is, but could shoot from deep. Few could definitely find ways to use him as a stretch 4.

Feel free not to quote anyone.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by White lightning View Post
    Feel free not to quote anyone.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    ...unless the quote will be a surprise to us.

Nice segment from KREM except for pointing out that Watson did not make the FIBA cut. Not many were considered but Watson was considered.
    Parlez-vous français?

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    Dixie,
    I think that is a plus as he doesn't want to play in the post...too restrictive...really wants to be a three or four so he can shoot from the outside...
    Ah, didn't know that.

I thought I heard her say he was the number 1 ranked "center" but I might've heard it wrong, or might not matter what they "ranked" him as.

Do we have a chance?

Gotta think he's shying away from Kansas, one would think.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    Plus out of Petrusev, Timme, Ballo, and Zakharov I'm not sure who will still be here in 2021-22. Wiltjer, especially his junior year, played outside a lot. Not the ballhandler Chet is, but could shoot from deep. Few could definitely find ways to use him as a stretch 4.
    - I think it is an excellent bet that come 2021-22 petrusev will not be coming back for his senior year, and early smart money is that ballo will bolt to the nba as soon as he is eligible which takes him off the board.
    - I think it is an equally good bet that come 2021-22, timme and zakharov will come back for their junior years. in part as that should be the year their playing time should spike upwards. but as already mentions they are more traditional post players and chet has a skill set that allows him to play away from the basket.
    - if chet was to commit this weekend and with what they team already has, I do not think they will sign another post player for next year. come 2021-22 they would likely be looking for 2 new post recruits.
    - bottom line, I think it lays out great for chet, should he choose Gonzaga..............do it, young man!

If you’re referring to “it ain’t over ‘til it’s over,” haven’t you been the one implying that’s it’s over with Suggs?

It’s like deja vu all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzaGAW View Post
    - I think it is an excellent bet that come 2021-22 petrusev will not be coming back for his senior year, and early smart money is that ballo will bolt to the nba as soon as he is eligible which takes him off the board.
    - I think it is an equally good bet that come 2021-22, timme and zakharov will come back for their junior years. in part as that should be the year their playing time should spike upwards. but as already mentions they are more traditional post players and chet has a skill set that allows him to play away from the basket.
    - if chet was to commit this weekend and with what they team already has, I do not think they will sign another post player for next year. come 2021-22 they would likely be looking for 2 new post recruits.
    - bottom line, I think it lays out great for chet, should he choose Gonzaga..............do it, young man!
    Well said! I’m thinking Chet will hopefully pay attention to how Tillie is used in Zags offensive sets. The two are similar in size, skill set (Holmgren more of a dribble drive threat) and especially being tall but not a low post kind of player. Petrusev has nice low post moves and can score from there and appears comfortable in the post. Holmgren would have some other low post player alongside him just as Tillie has in Petrusev. Also will be interesting to watch where Few plays Watson...another unicorn tall w guard skills.
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Smile Pardon if this's been asked & answered already, but...

...will there be a radio feed for Kraziness tomorrow? If not during the event, at least afterwards on, say, YouTube, PodCast? Or the Zags Men's B-Ball page, or whatever?

:]
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddwell View Post
    ...will there be a radio feed for Kraziness tomorrow? If not during the event, at least afterwards on, say, YouTube, PodCast? Or the Zags Men's B-Ball page, or whatever?

:]
    Hudson said him and Morrison would be calling it for radio. Said it would be more like a preview of the team and banter about different lineups and projections rather than a play by play of the night. I'm going to try and listen if I can.

I've always listened to Hudson on KGA 1510 AM radio.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNative View Post
    I've always listened to Hudson on KGA 1510 AM radio.
    Is he available on line?