Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coach Carlesimo says . . .

Thank you !

My only issue with Randy is his scheduling philosophy. Great coach...go play some people on the road though. This year looks a little better, but some of his past schedules have been pretty weak.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    I seem to recall Coach K "coaching" another team's player in the handshake line; I think he was unhappy with something the player did and let him know about.
    Dillon Brooks of Oregon in the sweet 16. Ducks got the ball back, up about 16 pts with something like 35 seconds left in the game. They dribbled the shot clock down, and Brooks shot from about 28 ft just before it expired and the shot happened to go in. Ratface chided him for not letting the shot clock run out w/ 5 seconds left in the game and taking the turnover.

Coach K caught a fair bit of backlash over admonishing an opposing player. IIRC he had to issue an apology to save face (or maybe he outright lied about the interaction?..something like that). It still amazes me how many people he has duped into thinking he's classy, when he's really the opposite. You know K would go nuts if an opposing coach ever had the audacity to give one of his players a talking to. There's a long line of coaches that would probably like to tell K's troops to quit tripping, elbowing in the face, stomping on the chest, etc. to their players.

I suspect Dillon Brookes got a more stern talking to than Grayson Allen ever got from coach K

I went back and read a story on the above and a) Brooks' coach actually told him to shoot it and b) Coach K did lie about it until audio footage forced him to admit to it later (at which time he made an apology). He deserves to be a HOF coach because of his success, but I don't respect him much as a person any longer for multiple reasons. He is often lauded as a great representative of college basketball, and might have even been one at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    Brooks' coach actually told him to shoot it
    Of course he did.

They’re Oregon. And there’s a reason they are known as the
    “Zeros”

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    Of course he did.

They’re Oregon. And there’s a reason they are known as the
    “Zeros”
    Gooooooooooooo Huskies?

Quote Originally Posted by maynard g krebs View Post
    Gooooooooooooo Huskies?
    Huh?

Oregon continues to earn the disdain of far more than UW folks .... for doing things precisely like their coach having their guy shoot the ball at the end of a big win instead of taking a knee (like Few has done on multiple occasions). Then there are the dozen or so scandals that have been addressed here and defended by the token Duck on this board .... and none of those scandals dealt with UW btw.

That being said this play DID involve the Huskies .... I'd be mighty proud.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBgf6eaxMUU

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    Huh?

Oregon continues to earn the disdain of far more than UW folks .... for doing things precisely like their coach having their guy shoot the ball at the end of a big win instead of taking a knee (like Few has done on multiple occasions). Then there are the dozen or so scandals that have been addressed here and defended by the token Duck on this board .... and none of those scandals dealt with UW btw.

That being said this play DID involve the Huskies .... I'd be mighty proud.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBgf6eaxMUU
    I watch all the Zag games. Please let me know in which ones the Zags purposely let the shot clock expire with time left in the game. I don't remember any. Zag walkons keep trying to score when up 40, until there is less than 30 sec on the shot clock. As they should. If the Ducks had gotten the ball w/ less than 30 sec left, you would have a point I'd agree with. But what you wrote was nothing but a gratuitous cheap shot. They didn't even run offense. Dribbled out the clock and hoisted up a heave as it expired. Something only someone w/ an agenda would make an issue of.

Your little video of Brooks was a pretty childish response imho. I could point out the crimes of Curtis Williams, Jeremiah Pharms, Overton (and those three are just the tip of a much bigger iceberg- all kept active on Husky rosters with their felonies known)- but I won't. The Seattle Times did that long ago. I won't even mention the recent GU scandal, which should make you too ashamed to bash another school for anything. Pot/kettle and all that.

Bye. I'm out.

Quote Originally Posted by maynard g krebs View Post
    I watch all the Zag games. Please let me know in which ones the Zags purposely let the shot clock expire with time left in the game. I don't remember any. Zag walkons keep trying to score when up 40, until there is less than 30 sec on the shot clock. As they should. If the Ducks had gotten the ball w/ less than 30 sec left, you would have a point I'd agree with. But what you wrote was nothing but a gratuitous cheap shot. They didn't even run offense. Dribbled out the clock and hoisted up a heave as it expired. Something only someone w/ an agenda would make an issue of.

Your little video of Brooks was a pretty childish response imho. I could point out the crimes of Curtis Williams, Jeremiah Pharms, Overton (and those three are just the tip of a much bigger iceberg- all kept active on Husky rosters with their felonies known)- but I won't. The Seattle Times did that long ago. I won't even mention the recent GU scandal, which should make you too ashamed to bash another school for anything. Pot/kettle and all that.

Bye. I'm out.
    Wasn't it just last year that Rui (as memory serves) dunked with the game well in hand?

Anyway. I was told that the chicks like Oregon 'cause they like the big 'O'.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!