Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 40

Thread: Kraziness?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colville, Wa.
    Posts
    14,732

    Default Kraziness?

    I've seen the date (10-5) but no news releases concerning the schedule (doors open?).


    Anyone know for sure?

    Thanks.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,328

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    I've seen the date (10-5) but no news releases concerning the schedule (doors open?).


    Anyone know for sure?

    Thanks.
    All I know is that I hope that this is the year they finally decide to stream it or at least record and post online later....I would love to watch it!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Glendale, CA
    Posts
    236

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strikenowhere View Post
    All I know is that I hope that this is the year they finally decide to stream it or at least record and post online later....I would love to watch it!
    I remember a memo to fans not to post the scrimmage video so other teams won't get any head start.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by strikenowhere View Post
    All I know is that I hope that this is the year they finally decide to stream it or at least record and post online later....I would love to watch it!
    Exactly, I am jonesing to see my boy Brock in a Zag uniform. I like baseball and football, but this college basketball off-season is way too long.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colville, Wa.
    Posts
    14,732

    Default

    What was the question again?
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,925

    Default

    I was coming here to post the same thing in regards to streaming or televising the event. I can't imagine they are really worried about any video getting teams a head start as you can glean the same amount by watching highlight videos. Not to mention the we play the easy games early on which would do the same thing. Those teams are certainly not going to be able to use that against us.

    It may be a case where they don't want the interference but I bet the demand would be big for it. Particularly for those that are out of the area and can't attend it in person.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    It may be a case where they don't want the interference but I bet the demand would be big for it. Particularly for those that are out of the area and can't attend it in person.
    I'm a thousand miles from Spokane, so if this thing is on the WCC website, I'm watching. Live or tape delay. I love my Zags!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    47,683

    Default

    Other than some highlights from Spokane TV stations, twitter video links, and a few crumbs from the Spokesman-Review, I can’t recall any streaming or long form videos from Kraziness in season’s past.

    Anyone have reasons to believe this year’s different ??


    Sent via mobile device
    Last edited by RenoZag; 09-29-2019 at 11:36 AM.


    The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

    Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    7,447

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Other than some highlights from Spokane TV stations, twitter video links, and a few crumbs from the Spokesman-Review, I can’t recall any streaming or long form videos from Kraziness In season’s past.

    Anyone have reasons to believe this year’s different ??


    Sent via mobile device
    Sadly, no.
    It's not funny.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colville, Wa.
    Posts
    14,732

    Default

    At least I thought it was a fairly simple question, actually.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane
    Posts
    309

    Default

    Lol. Probably nobody so far knows the answer.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,328

    Default

    Oh man can't wait for some good news to hopefully come out of this weekend:

    https://twitter.com/ChetHolmgren/sta...85726743093248


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,493

    Default

    Event is from 4-6. Reading between the lines, I'd expect doors at 3pm since the Pep Rally is scheduled to end at 3pm.

    Last year it was at the same time (4pm), and doors opened an hour before, at 3pm.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    seattle, spokane
    Posts
    3,386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KStyles View Post
    Event is from 4-6. Reading between the lines, I'd expect doors at 3pm since the Pep Rally is scheduled to end at 3pm.

    Last year it was at the same time (4pm), and doors opened an hour before, at 3pm.
    these schedule times by Kstyles has been true of at least the last dozen Kraziness in the Kennels also

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colville, Wa.
    Posts
    14,732

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KStyles View Post
    Event is from 4-6. Reading between the lines, I'd expect doors at 3pm since the Pep Rally is scheduled to end at 3pm.

    Last year it was at the same time (4pm), and doors opened an hour before, at 3pm.
    Thanks Styles.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Spokane County, WA
    Posts
    232

    Default

    Just listened to Larry Weir's podcast today where he was talking to Tom Hudson. The interview was from 11 to 35 minute range with the last couple of minutes about Kraziness. Tom and Adam will be giving a radio broadcast on KGA 1510 AM and the FM counterpart 103.5 I believe. May not be TV but we can listen to them preview the season and position battles and describe the scrimmage at least.
    https://www.spreaker.com/user/spokes...927-pressbox_1

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Eastern WA
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KStyles View Post
    Event is from 4-6. Reading between the lines, I'd expect doors at 3pm since the Pep Rally is scheduled to end at 3pm.

    Last year it was at the same time (4pm), and doors opened an hour before, at 3pm.
    The actual basketball event has been about an 1 hour... so don't be late or you'll miss lots of action. The second hour is when players sign their autographs on the year's team poster. Re: the basketball event -- from what I remember, key activities are player introductions, 3-pt shooting competition, slam dunk competition, then one 20-minute scrimmage. Re: getting in line -- for the past 10 years I've always been in line at least by 1pm and usually by 12noon, in order to get a mid-court, lower section seat. I don't recall that they've ever turned people away, but several years ago it was standing room only. Go Zags!!

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lacrosse, Washington
    Posts
    7,218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBunnieRancher View Post
    Just listened to Larry Weir's podcast today where he was talking to Tom Hudson. The interview was from 11 to 35 minute range with the last couple of minutes about Kraziness. Tom and Adam will be giving a radio broadcast on KGA 1510 AM and the FM counterpart 103.5 I believe. May not be TV but we can listen to them preview the season and position battles and describe the scrimmage at least.
    https://www.spreaker.com/user/spokes...927-pressbox_1
    If Arizona can broadcast their red blue scrimmage event live on espn we should at least be able to stream it one would think
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

    Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Hilton Head (Bluffton), SC
    Posts
    4,919

    Default

    I would imagine that one you living in Spokane might know our AD and ask him that question...seems reasonable to me but sometimes you have to ask the "horse" to get the answers you want...

  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,925

    Default

    One would think you could at least get it covered on SWX but there's clearly a reason they don't do it. I would love to see the event but whatever the staff/team decides is what I support.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    8,633

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    17,923

    Default

    Numerica? First time it’s sponsored?

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Just north of I-80
    Posts
    47,683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Numerica? First time it’s sponsored?
    I scanned the press releases from GU going back a few years; the 2017-18 season appears to be the first year of Numerica sponsorship, jazz.

    https://gozags.com/news/2017/10/7/Nu...px?path=mbball

    The GU press releases in the prior two seasons refer to the KIK event without sponsorship attribution.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    17,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    I scanned the press releases from GU going back a few years; the 2017-18 season appears to be the first year of Numerica sponsorship, jazz.

    https://gozags.com/news/2017/10/7/Nu...px?path=mbball

    The GU press releases in the prior two seasons refer to the KIK event without sponsorship attribution.
    Ok. So, wouldn't a sponsor be interested in wider coverage of the event, such as video, broadcast?

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Ok. So, wouldn't a sponsor be interested in wider coverage of the event, such as video, broadcast?
    You would think so. When Arizona has their Red vs Blue scrimmage, it's on the Pac-12 Network. I guess the Zags just can't be bothered, sigh.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •