Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kraziness?

Default Kraziness?

I've seen the date (10-5) but no news releases concerning the schedule (doors open?).

Anyone know for sure?

Thanks.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    I've seen the date (10-5) but no news releases concerning the schedule (doors open?).

Anyone know for sure?

Thanks.
    All I know is that I hope that this is the year they finally decide to stream it or at least record and post online later....I would love to watch it!

Quote Originally Posted by strikenowhere View Post
    All I know is that I hope that this is the year they finally decide to stream it or at least record and post online later....I would love to watch it!
    I remember a memo to fans not to post the scrimmage video so other teams won't get any head start.

Quote Originally Posted by strikenowhere View Post
    Exactly, I am jonesing to see my boy Brock in a Zag uniform. I like baseball and football, but this college basketball off-season is way too long.

What was the question again?

I was coming here to post the same thing in regards to streaming or televising the event. I can't imagine they are really worried about any video getting teams a head start as you can glean the same amount by watching highlight videos. Not to mention the we play the easy games early on which would do the same thing. Those teams are certainly not going to be able to use that against us.

It may be a case where they don't want the interference but I bet the demand would be big for it. Particularly for those that are out of the area and can't attend it in person.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    It may be a case where they don't want the interference but I bet the demand would be big for it. Particularly for those that are out of the area and can't attend it in person.
    I'm a thousand miles from Spokane, so if this thing is on the WCC website, I'm watching. Live or tape delay. I love my Zags!

Other than some highlights from Spokane TV stations, twitter video links, and a few crumbs from the Spokesman-Review, I can’t recall any streaming or long form videos from Kraziness in season’s past.

Anyone have reasons to believe this year’s different ??

Sent via mobile device
    Last edited by RenoZag; 09-29-2019 at 11:36 AM.

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Other than some highlights from Spokane TV stations, twitter video links, and a few crumbs from the Spokesman-Review, I can’t recall any streaming or long form videos from Kraziness In season’s past.

Anyone have reasons to believe this year’s different ??

Sent via mobile device
    Sadly, no.
    It's not funny.

At least I thought it was a fairly simple question, actually.

Lol. Probably nobody so far knows the answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh man can't wait for some good news to hopefully come out of this weekend:

https://twitter.com/ChetHolmgren/sta...85726743093248

Event is from 4-6. Reading between the lines, I'd expect doors at 3pm since the Pep Rally is scheduled to end at 3pm.

Last year it was at the same time (4pm), and doors opened an hour before, at 3pm.

Quote Originally Posted by KStyles View Post
    Event is from 4-6. Reading between the lines, I'd expect doors at 3pm since the Pep Rally is scheduled to end at 3pm.

Last year it was at the same time (4pm), and doors opened an hour before, at 3pm.
    these schedule times by Kstyles has been true of at least the last dozen Kraziness in the Kennels also

Thanks Styles.

Just listened to Larry Weir's podcast today where he was talking to Tom Hudson. The interview was from 11 to 35 minute range with the last couple of minutes about Kraziness. Tom and Adam will be giving a radio broadcast on KGA 1510 AM and the FM counterpart 103.5 I believe. May not be TV but we can listen to them preview the season and position battles and describe the scrimmage at least.
    https://www.spreaker.com/user/spokes...927-pressbox_1

The actual basketball event has been about an 1 hour... so don't be late or you'll miss lots of action. The second hour is when players sign their autographs on the year's team poster. Re: the basketball event -- from what I remember, key activities are player introductions, 3-pt shooting competition, slam dunk competition, then one 20-minute scrimmage. Re: getting in line -- for the past 10 years I've always been in line at least by 1pm and usually by 12noon, in order to get a mid-court, lower section seat. I don't recall that they've ever turned people away, but several years ago it was standing room only. Go Zags!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBunnieRancher View Post
    Just listened to Larry Weir's podcast today where he was talking to Tom Hudson. The interview was from 11 to 35 minute range with the last couple of minutes about Kraziness. Tom and Adam will be giving a radio broadcast on KGA 1510 AM and the FM counterpart 103.5 I believe. May not be TV but we can listen to them preview the season and position battles and describe the scrimmage at least.
    https://www.spreaker.com/user/spokes...927-pressbox_1
    If Arizona can broadcast their red blue scrimmage event live on espn we should at least be able to stream it one would think
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

I would imagine that one you living in Spokane might know our AD and ask him that question...seems reasonable to me but sometimes you have to ask the "horse" to get the answers you want...

One would think you could at least get it covered on SWX but there's clearly a reason they don't do it. I would love to see the event but whatever the staff/team decides is what I support.

Numerica? First time it’s sponsored?

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Numerica? First time it’s sponsored?
    I scanned the press releases from GU going back a few years; the 2017-18 season appears to be the first year of Numerica sponsorship, jazz.

https://gozags.com/news/2017/10/7/Nu...px?path=mbball

The GU press releases in the prior two seasons refer to the KIK event without sponsorship attribution.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    I scanned the press releases from GU going back a few years; the 2017-18 season appears to be the first year of Numerica sponsorship, jazz.

https://gozags.com/news/2017/10/7/Nu...px?path=mbball

The GU press releases in the prior two seasons refer to the KIK event without sponsorship attribution.
    Ok. So, wouldn't a sponsor be interested in wider coverage of the event, such as video, broadcast?

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Ok. So, wouldn't a sponsor be interested in wider coverage of the event, such as video, broadcast?
    You would think so. When Arizona has their Red vs Blue scrimmage, it's on the Pac-12 Network. I guess the Zags just can't be bothered, sigh.