Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cord Cutters....

Any ideas for picking up the Zag games in the Spokane area? Will KHQ still cover a lot of the games? Currently have Directv, looking to cut the cord and save $$. Does anyone just pick up KHQ through a standard antenna? Directv currently has my NBC (KHQ) and Fox blocked. I am now missing out on the NFL games on Fox and the Sunday night football game on NBC. Any recommendations out there?

More information on Disney +

https://www.starwars.com/news/disney...c%7C2667602642

The article states thousands of live sporting events will be available in the bundle.

ESPN+ does not include the live programming found on the normal ESPN channels, it is for other events. Check out this link for more info. https://www.oregonlive.com/sports/20...t-include.html The third paragraph has the bad news.

Pity. Was hoping for actual ESPN, not ESPN+. There's a handful of decent things on ESPN+, but not the main ESPN.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Quote Originally Posted by ZagOD7540 View Post
    Any ideas for picking up the Zag games in the Spokane area? Will KHQ still cover a lot of the games? Currently have Directv, looking to cut the cord and save $$. Does anyone just pick up KHQ through a standard antenna? Directv currently has my NBC (KHQ) and Fox blocked. I am now missing out on the NFL games on Fox and the Sunday night football game on NBC. Any recommendations out there?
    Just make a quick antenna out of some old RG6 cable, screw it into the back of your TV, run an antenna channel scan on your TV and see what you get. Shouldn’t take more than about 15 minutes total. I live in the valley and made one and get like 40 channels with it. Here is a link to a video tutorial: https://youtu.be/bItAkPK-cqY

Quote Originally Posted by ZonaZag View Post
    Just make a quick antenna out of some old RG6 cable, screw it into the back of your TV, run an antenna channel scan on your TV and see what you get. Shouldn’t take more than about 15 minutes total. I live in the valley and made one and get like 40 channels with it. Here is a link to a video tutorial: https://youtu.be/bItAkPK-cqY
    Thanks for the info-I’ll give it a shot

I have one similar to this for an orphaned TV

https://www.walmart.com/ip/200-Mile-...0aAgqcEALw_wcB
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    More information on Disney +

https://www.starwars.com/news/disney...c%7C2667602642

The article states thousands of live sporting events will be available in the bundle.
    from the previously reported link -

On November 12, consumers in the US will have the opportunity to purchase a bundled offering of Disney+, ESPN+, and Hulu for just $12.99. The bundle offers access to all Disney+ programming plus thousands of live sporting events, sports-themed original series, and award-winning sports documentaries from ESPN+, as well as Hulu’s award-winning original content and on-demand streaming library.
    Hulu has all the ESPN channels with live streaming.

https://www.hulu.com/ncaa-college-football

So, personally, I'm feeling pretty good about getting the Disney+ Bundle and it will save me a boatload of money at only $13 a month. The final riddle is how to get the games not broadcast of ESPN or CBS, but I think I'll be able to watch them via the ROKU channel where the Stadium content now lives.

from the previously reported link -

Hulu has all the ESPN channels with live streaming.

https://www.hulu.com/ncaa-college-football

So, personally, I'm feeling pretty good about getting the Disney+ Bundle and it will save me a boatload of money at only $13 a month. The final riddle is how to get the games not broadcast of ESPN or CBS, but I think I'll be able to watch them via the ROKU channel where the Stadium content now lives.
    Sorry to continue to bear bad news, but the Hulu that is included in the Disney+ bundle is not Hulu + LiveTV, but just the standard ad supported Hulu (which is normally $5.99/month). Here a quote from this below article with more info: "Hulu’s live TV bundle is not part of any bundling effort, at least for the moment."

https://deadline.com/2019/08/disney-...th-1202662794/

I wish it was included, that would be awesome, but it doesn't sound like it for now.

According to hulu website linked above, streaming channels w/ major sports networks is $44.99 a month.

I have taken to watching the Root games at the gym, and can get in 20 miles on the stationary bike while I'm at it. If I miss an occasional one, they usually show the rerun a couple of times.

There will likely be a college basketball stream discord organized come bball season. I will keep my ears to the ground and find out where we can link the games. I know many on here have used reddit streams in the past, reddit got called out in a yahoo article about providing access to streams, and have since semi-cracked down on streams. Discord has been the pivot so far for the NFL, College football and NBA. Once college basketball gets fired up I will share it here. But essentially it would be a link to the stream on your computer, you'll have to x out of a couple of advertisements and should be good to go. This is what I do for all live sports.

When in Arizona for winter I am able to get Root Sports via Direct TV for all Zag games for an extra $10 a month. It might be $15 this year. Prior to that I was utilizing streaming through TheW and others and it worked fine mostly but quality was not in HD of course. I simply hooked my laptop up via an HDMI cable to the big TV on HDMI2 and watched on the big screen by changing Input to HDMI2. With Direct TV I can record games on the DVR so it's much better.
    Has anyone ever contacted Root to find out what they say about all ways to access their channels? Just curious.
    To Fish & Game: Keep streams stocked well for Mr. Few!

Ok, so this whole Fox/Dish issue has me at the breaking point. The two are in a fee war which has resulted in all Fox channels being pulled from Dish.

I paid to get the expanded sports coverage from Dish because I want Root and I like watching Bundesliga soccer.

Despite paying for this, I am unable to watch soccer and now can't even watch the local broadcast of Redskins games. Dish hasn't suggested at all to date that consumer fees should be reduced to reflect the reduced service.

Regardless, this has promoted me to much more seriously look at other options. I'm willing to pay a fair amount to get Root Zag game broadcasts. If I know that they are reliably on Stadium, I will pay. My biggest problem has been how absolutely crappy the quality on Stadium has been for the few games I have watched on it.

What are general impressions of Stadium quality and coverage?

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

I to am breaking out in a rash over the war Dish is having with Fox! and we are running out of time to get this settled, in the mean time I spend all my time looking at options, I'm in AZ. and need the sports pack to get Root , Direct became to pricey is the reason I got out of that but now I'm stuck with the two year thing with Dish!! Light a candle for me.
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by baitcast View Post
    I to am breaking out in a rash over the war Dish is having with Fox! and we are running out of time to get this settled, in the mean time I spend all my time looking at options, I'm in AZ. and need the sports pack to get Root , Direct became to pricey is the reason I got out of that but now I'm stuck with the two year thing with Dish!! Light a candle for me.
    Rob
    Is Root sports northwest even telecasting Zag games this year? This situation is very fluid and changing rapidly.

Quote Originally Posted by A to Zags View Post
    Is Root sports northwest even telecasting Zag games this year? This situation is very fluid and changing rapidly.
    I would assume they would at least televise the preseason game against Lewis & Clark. After that, who knows? Half of the Zag games last season were on ESPN (or 2 or the U). The other half were on KHQ / ROOT. But now, CBSSN is in the picture. You have to figure they want at least half of the ROOT package. A trusted friend from my other sports board says that CBSSN televises other conferences on Thursday night. So a Zag game could easily be the back end of a double or tripleheader on Thursday night. Which means a 7:30 start time.

Thank God I don't have Dish Network, I have Charter Spectrum. No sports blackouts for me!

In life you get what you pay for...

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    Ok, so this whole Fox/Dish issue has me at the breaking point. The two are in a fee war which has resulted in all Fox channels being pulled from Dish.

I paid to get the expanded sports coverage from Dish because I want Root and I like watching Bundesliga soccer.

Despite paying for this, I am unable to watch soccer and now can't even watch the local broadcast of Redskins games. Dish hasn't suggested at all to date that consumer fees should be reduced to reflect the reduced service.

Regardless, this has promoted me to much more seriously look at other options. I'm willing to pay a fair amount to get Root Zag game broadcasts. If I know that they are reliably on Stadium, I will pay. My biggest problem has been how absolutely crappy the quality on Stadium has been for the few games I have watched on it.

What are general impressions of Stadium quality and coverage?

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    https://www.espn.com/soccer/german-b...arting-in-2020
    Have a year to wait, but espn+ will be getting bundesliga games beginning Aug 2020.

Espn+ hits all my soccer needs outside of nationally broadcast games. Granted I mostly just watch MLS.

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    In life you get what you pay for...
    Or, as Dr. Graue would say,

"There are no free lunches!"

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Or, as Dr. Graue would say,

"There are no free lunches!"
    Indeed...… ...

This may be way off topic, but Met Life at their New York City Headquarters buildings (23rd Street to 25th Street, Madison Avenue to Park Avenue) gave free lunches to all employees (up to 18,000 when I was there from 1970 to 1990). The 2 square blocks of buildings had two basement floors of lunchrooms. We also had a gym on the 27th floor with intersectional basketball teams (GO Group Actuarial!).

I personally am very pleased with YOUTUBE tv. all the live sports programing, all local channels, unlimited DVR, I've had 3 of my family members switch. It's about $45/mo. I've not missed a zag game yet.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyZag View Post
    I personally am very pleased with YOUTUBE tv. all the live sports programing, all local channels, unlimited DVR, I've had 3 of my family members switch. It's about $45/mo. I've not missed a zag game yet.
    YouTubeTV works well but you've seen every Zag game because you are in the Spokane market with the local KHQ feed. Root Sports has yet to make it onto any streaming platform, sadly.
    Welcome to Zagdom

Who has used the WCC streaming extensively? the W.tv I believe it is called. Can they explain their experience with it?

Who has used the WCC streaming extensively? the W.tv I believe it is called. Can they explain their experience with it?
    W.tv is the same online stream as watchstadium. I do not have experience with a pay subscription, if they offer one. For the free online streams, the quality is not bad; streams at 720p around 3,170 kb/s video and HE-AAC audio.

Last year they had a few hiccups, but I am not certain it was the fault of watchstadium. They geo-block the events for in-market viewers, a cheap VPN can get around that issue if you are in the Spokane region.

Checkout https://watchstadium.com/show/thew-tv/ (Portland vs Gonzaga Mens Basketball shows up for me) to see some archived games and to see if you are going to be blocked.

or

https://player.watchstadium.com/65/i...type=liveevent for Santa Clara vs Gonzaga