Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Cord Cutters....

Quote Originally Posted by slickguser View Post
    W.tv is the same online stream as watchstadium. I do not have experience with a pay subscription, if they offer one. For the free online streams, the quality is not bad; streams at 720p around 3,170 kb/s video and HE-AAC audio.

Last year they had a few hiccups, but I am not certain it was the fault of watchstadium. They geo-block the events for in-market viewers, a cheap VPN can get around that issue if you are in the Spokane region.

Checkout https://watchstadium.com/show/thew-tv/ (Portland vs Gonzaga Mens Basketball shows up for me) to see some archived games and to see if you are going to be blocked.

or

https://player.watchstadium.com/65/i...type=liveevent for Santa Clara vs Gonzaga

Thanks! Do you know if they offer live streaming of games? If so, which ones? I'm assuming the non major broadcast games?

Quote Originally Posted by FlyZag View Post
    I personally am very pleased with YOUTUBE tv. all the live sports programing, all local channels, unlimited DVR, I've had 3 of my family members switch. It's about $45/mo. I've not missed a zag game yet.
    I don't think they carry Root outside of Spokane. Is it part of youtube there?

Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    Thanks! Do you know if they offer live streaming of games? If so, which ones? I'm assuming the non major broadcast games?
    I believe it was nearly all matches that were not broadcast on the ESPN stations, essentially all games that would be broadcast on the local KHQ/SWX.

But other posts pointed out that this year might be different with the amount of games on watchstadium, so I can't say much about this upcoming season.

I believe it was nearly all matches that were not broadcast on the ESPN stations, essentially all games that would be broadcast on the local KHQ/SWX.

But other posts pointed out that this year might be different with the amount of games on watchstadium, so I can't say much about this upcoming season.
    Thanks so much! Very helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    Who has used the WCC streaming extensively? the W.tv I believe it is called. Can they explain their experience with it?
    I used it last season to watch Zag games that were not on ESPN. Only one hiccup; a conference game was not on W.tv for some reason, so I had to go with Stadium. It was geo-blocked at the beginning, even though I am not in the Spokane DMA (I'm in LMU territory). It was fixed rather quickly though.

Quote Originally Posted by maynard g krebs View Post
    I don't think they carry Root outside of Spokane. Is it part of youtube there?
    No, I don't think Root is included. Sorry for the confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    I used it last season to watch Zag games that were not on ESPN. Only one hiccup; a conference game was not on W.tv for some reason, so I had to go with Stadium. It was geo-blocked at the beginning, even though I am not in the Spokane DMA (I'm in LMU territory). It was fixed rather quickly though.

This all is giving me peace of mind. It seems to me that whom ever broadcasts the non ESPN/CBS games, that the W.tv will pick it up for streaming and those of us who have cut the cord should be able to watch.

Thanks everyone!

I had sent a request to Root Sports on the questions that have come up here on line. Here is there response, which confirms what another poster has stated.

"As of right now, due to league regulations, direct streaming of Root Sports is not available, and it is not available for viewing outside of the 5 state footprint of root sports.. We take these concerns seriously, and we do know that with the current trend of cutting the cord can cause issues, but as of right now cable subscriptions are the only way to enjoy root sports! "

"Thanks for reaching out"

Root Sports

Kennadi Bouyer | Administrative Assistant
    To Fish & Game: Keep streams stocked well for Mr. Few!

Additionally the response to my question about whether ROOT NW would continue to have Zag games in 20-20: "Yes, Gonzaga will continue to be broadcast"
    To Fish & Game: Keep streams stocked well for Mr. Few!

Quote Originally Posted by GrizZAG View Post
    Additionally the response to my question about whether ROOT NW would continue to have Zag games in 20-20: "Yes, Gonzaga will continue to be broadcast"
    Finally, we have clarity, maybe, regarding Root sports. I take Root's statement to mean it will cover all GU games not exclusively contracted to others (i.e., ESPN and CBSSports). Doesn't look like this is helpful to cord cutters, but those with Directv, Dish and a few others, should be able to get non-contracted games as in past years.

W.tv is the same online stream as watchstadium. I do not have experience with a pay subscription, if they offer one. For the free online streams, the quality is not bad; streams at 720p around 3,170 kb/s video and HE-AAC audio.

Last year they had a few hiccups, but I am not certain it was the fault of watchstadium. They geo-block the events for in-market viewers, a cheap VPN can get around that issue if you are in the Spokane region.

Checkout https://watchstadium.com/show/thew-tv/ (Portland vs Gonzaga Mens Basketball shows up for me) to see some archived games and to see if you are going to be blocked.

or

https://player.watchstadium.com/65/i...type=liveevent for Santa Clara vs Gonzaga
    Is the Seattle area geo-blocked? The link works for me now but I thought I've been geo-blocked in the past, so I'm wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by zaguarxj View Post
    Is the Seattle area geo-blocked? The link works for me now but I thought I've been geo-blocked in the past, so I'm wondering.
    It is. Get a VPN spoofer and go to the wcc stream to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by GrizZAG View Post
    I had sent a request to Root Sports on the questions that have come up here on line. Here is there response, which confirms what another poster has stated.

"As of right now, due to league regulations, direct streaming of Root Sports is not available, and it is not available for viewing outside of the 5 state footprint of root sports.. We take these concerns seriously, and we do know that with the current trend of cutting the cord can cause issues, but as of right now cable subscriptions are the only way to enjoy root sports! "

"Thanks for reaching out"

Root Sports

Kennadi Bouyer | Administrative Assistant
    This is a disingenuous reply. I think Root could make streaming happen if they really wanted to. Money talks but Root has no interest in making life easier for cord-cutters. The last sentence of our dear administrative assistant's missive is a big middle finger to all of us cord-cutters.

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldoginseattle View Post
    It is. Get a VPN spoofer and go to the wcc stream to watch.
    I looked into VPNs once and it seemed that all the decent ones were paid subscriptions. Do you know a good basic free VPN spoofer I could use? I don't need any multiple levels of indirection or whatever to cover my dark web tracks.

Proton VPN has a free service. https://protonvpn.com/free-vpn

I have not used the free product but it might be worth trying out.

Quote Originally Posted by zaguarxj View Post
    I looked into VPNs once and it seemed that all the decent ones were paid subscriptions. Do you know a good basic free VPN spoofer I could use? I don't need any multiple levels of indirection or whatever to cover my dark web tracks.
    The one I use is Smarty DNS - it's not free, but super cheap (like $12/quarter) and works like a charm. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles, but I used it on my phone to project to my apple TV all of last year and worked like a charm.