Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 76 to 91 of 91

Thread: Cord Cutters....

  1. #76
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slickguser View Post
    W.tv is the same online stream as watchstadium. I do not have experience with a pay subscription, if they offer one. For the free online streams, the quality is not bad; streams at 720p around 3,170 kb/s video and HE-AAC audio.

    Last year they had a few hiccups, but I am not certain it was the fault of watchstadium. They geo-block the events for in-market viewers, a cheap VPN can get around that issue if you are in the Spokane region.

    Checkout https://watchstadium.com/show/thew-tv/ (Portland vs Gonzaga Mens Basketball shows up for me) to see some archived games and to see if you are going to be blocked.

    or

    https://player.watchstadium.com/65/i...type=liveevent for Santa Clara vs Gonzaga

    Thanks! Do you know if they offer live streaming of games? If so, which ones? I'm assuming the non major broadcast games?

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,921

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FlyZag View Post
    I personally am very pleased with YOUTUBE tv. all the live sports programing, all local channels, unlimited DVR, I've had 3 of my family members switch. It's about $45/mo. I've not missed a zag game yet.
    I don't think they carry Root outside of Spokane. Is it part of youtube there?

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    Thanks! Do you know if they offer live streaming of games? If so, which ones? I'm assuming the non major broadcast games?
    I believe it was nearly all matches that were not broadcast on the ESPN stations, essentially all games that would be broadcast on the local KHQ/SWX.

    But other posts pointed out that this year might be different with the amount of games on watchstadium, so I can't say much about this upcoming season.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slickguser View Post
    I believe it was nearly all matches that were not broadcast on the ESPN stations, essentially all games that would be broadcast on the local KHQ/SWX.

    But other posts pointed out that this year might be different with the amount of games on watchstadium, so I can't say much about this upcoming season.
    Thanks so much! Very helpful!

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Pasadena, CA
    Posts
    752

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    Who has used the WCC streaming extensively? the W.tv I believe it is called. Can they explain their experience with it?
    I used it last season to watch Zag games that were not on ESPN. Only one hiccup; a conference game was not on W.tv for some reason, so I had to go with Stadium. It was geo-blocked at the beginning, even though I am not in the Spokane DMA (I'm in LMU territory). It was fixed rather quickly though.

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Spokane
    Posts
    897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maynard g krebs View Post
    I don't think they carry Root outside of Spokane. Is it part of youtube there?
    No, I don't think Root is included. Sorry for the confusion.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,738

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SorenTodd45 View Post
    I used it last season to watch Zag games that were not on ESPN. Only one hiccup; a conference game was not on W.tv for some reason, so I had to go with Stadium. It was geo-blocked at the beginning, even though I am not in the Spokane DMA (I'm in LMU territory). It was fixed rather quickly though.

    This all is giving me peace of mind. It seems to me that whom ever broadcasts the non ESPN/CBS games, that the W.tv will pick it up for streaming and those of us who have cut the cord should be able to watch.

    Thanks everyone!

  8. #83
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Spokane / Goodyear, AZ
    Posts
    1,988

    Default

    I had sent a request to Root Sports on the questions that have come up here on line. Here is there response, which confirms what another poster has stated.

    "As of right now, due to league regulations, direct streaming of Root Sports is not available, and it is not available for viewing outside of the 5 state footprint of root sports.. We take these concerns seriously, and we do know that with the current trend of cutting the cord can cause issues, but as of right now cable subscriptions are the only way to enjoy root sports! "


    "Thanks for reaching out"

    Root Sports

    Kennadi Bouyer | Administrative Assistant
    To Fish & Game: Keep streams stocked well for Mr. Few!

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Spokane / Goodyear, AZ
    Posts
    1,988

    Default

    Additionally the response to my question about whether ROOT NW would continue to have Zag games in 20-20: "Yes, Gonzaga will continue to be broadcast"
    To Fish & Game: Keep streams stocked well for Mr. Few!

  10. #85
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    953

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GrizZAG View Post
    Additionally the response to my question about whether ROOT NW would continue to have Zag games in 20-20: "Yes, Gonzaga will continue to be broadcast"
    Finally, we have clarity, maybe, regarding Root sports. I take Root's statement to mean it will cover all GU games not exclusively contracted to others (i.e., ESPN and CBSSports). Doesn't look like this is helpful to cord cutters, but those with Directv, Dish and a few others, should be able to get non-contracted games as in past years.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by slickguser View Post
    W.tv is the same online stream as watchstadium. I do not have experience with a pay subscription, if they offer one. For the free online streams, the quality is not bad; streams at 720p around 3,170 kb/s video and HE-AAC audio.

    Last year they had a few hiccups, but I am not certain it was the fault of watchstadium. They geo-block the events for in-market viewers, a cheap VPN can get around that issue if you are in the Spokane region.

    Checkout https://watchstadium.com/show/thew-tv/ (Portland vs Gonzaga Mens Basketball shows up for me) to see some archived games and to see if you are going to be blocked.

    or

    https://player.watchstadium.com/65/i...type=liveevent for Santa Clara vs Gonzaga
    Is the Seattle area geo-blocked? The link works for me now but I thought I've been geo-blocked in the past, so I'm wondering.

  12. #87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zaguarxj View Post
    Is the Seattle area geo-blocked? The link works for me now but I thought I've been geo-blocked in the past, so I'm wondering.
    It is. Get a VPN spoofer and go to the wcc stream to watch.

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GrizZAG View Post
    I had sent a request to Root Sports on the questions that have come up here on line. Here is there response, which confirms what another poster has stated.

    "As of right now, due to league regulations, direct streaming of Root Sports is not available, and it is not available for viewing outside of the 5 state footprint of root sports.. We take these concerns seriously, and we do know that with the current trend of cutting the cord can cause issues, but as of right now cable subscriptions are the only way to enjoy root sports! "


    "Thanks for reaching out"

    Root Sports

    Kennadi Bouyer | Administrative Assistant
    This is a disingenuous reply. I think Root could make streaming happen if they really wanted to. Money talks but Root has no interest in making life easier for cord-cutters. The last sentence of our dear administrative assistant's missive is a big middle finger to all of us cord-cutters.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,387

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bulldoginseattle View Post
    It is. Get a VPN spoofer and go to the wcc stream to watch.
    I looked into VPNs once and it seemed that all the decent ones were paid subscriptions. Do you know a good basic free VPN spoofer I could use? I don't need any multiple levels of indirection or whatever to cover my dark web tracks.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    187

    Default

    Proton VPN has a free service. https://protonvpn.com/free-vpn

    I have not used the free product but it might be worth trying out.

  16. #91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zaguarxj View Post
    I looked into VPNs once and it seemed that all the decent ones were paid subscriptions. Do you know a good basic free VPN spoofer I could use? I don't need any multiple levels of indirection or whatever to cover my dark web tracks.
    The one I use is Smarty DNS - it's not free, but super cheap (like $12/quarter) and works like a charm. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles, but I used it on my phone to project to my apple TV all of last year and worked like a charm.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •