Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cord Cutters....

YouTube TV here, too. No contract, great quality.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Quote Originally Posted by TheZagPhish View Post
    What does it cost a month?

Cable is the cheapest entertainment around. I cut the cord after college hoops ends then fire it up again once the NFL regular season starts. It’s a nice 5 month break...
    Go Zags!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    i have had issues with the Stadium app on my Samsung TV... I might need to look into it on either Amazon or get an Apple TV connection. I watched a large chunk on TheW last year as well... just stunk to watch it on my laptop or phone instead of the monster-sized TV I have. Flipside was I muted either my phone or laptop so as not to bother others... meaning less Heister-banter.
    That is what I was curious about......I have no intention of cutting the cord cuz I get everything on Spectrum and I mean everything at HD live and without interruption or delay...... all the ESPNs, and Root, MW, Pac, BT, Big East....ect....

I cannot imagine watching a game on my computer or phone.....I just assumed that you could stream to your TV ???

Whenever I do stream anything on my computer...the quality is terrible and I have high speed fiber optic cable and whatever that means....is the streaming of high quality on these streaming services ???

The streaming wars are just getting started and will probably be free and I am thinking that might mean lower cable fees...

Short Netflix….long Disney....content is king...

I had You Tube TV. I don't recall them carrying Root Sports.

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    i have had issues with the Stadium app on my Samsung TV... I might need to look into it on either Amazon or get an Apple TV connection. I watched a large chunk on TheW last year as well... just stunk to watch it on my laptop or phone instead of the monster-sized TV I have. Flipside was I muted either my phone or laptop so as not to bother others... meaning less Heister-banter.
    LIZF. Try downloading the IWEBTV app (orange app) to your iPhone or iPad and the do the same on a ROKU or Apple TV device. Open both. From a browser on your device copy the url of the WTV stream and paste it into the IWEBTV url box on the same device. It will then allow you to click on a stream to your tv option and if you have your IWEBTV app open on your Roku/appletv, it will accept the signal and broadcast on your tv. It’s been a year, so i am going from memory, but i think you can figure it out.
    montanazag88
    P....A....TIENCE!

Quote Originally Posted by ZagRecruitWatch View Post
    What does it cost a month?
    $50

Up a bit from last year.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

$50

Up a bit from last year.
    Do you pay additional for ESPN?
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    Do you pay additional for ESPN?
    No, it is included.

Here is a good link for cord cutting ESPN info: https://flixed.io/watch-espn-without-cable/

Quote Originally Posted by ZagRecruitWatch View Post
    If you are in market, The W.TV will be blacked out for your region. I believe the in market states are Oregon, California, Washington, Idaho, Utah. Living in Denver its not blacked out in my area.
    That's weird. It is blacked out for me in Colorado.

Quote Originally Posted by zagfan24 View Post
    I was able to get almost all, if not all, of the Root Sports games via TheW. Because I prefer watching on my big screen, I use the "Stadium" app on my Roku stick to stream TheW content. It works pretty well, though one game last year ended up cutting out which was unfortunate.

For Zags games on ESPN, you can either use the ESPN app on a streaming media device, phone, or tablet with a family/friend subscription login OR pay $15/month for Sling Orange:
    https://www.sling.com/#dyn-grid-plan-tab-1-m-1
    Can you still access the Stadium app on your Roku? Since around June, when I try to open the app on Roku, I receive the following message: "This channel is no longer available."

Sent from my ASUS_A009 using Tapatalk

This article suggests to me that a number of Zags games will NOT appear on ESPN or CBS Sports. It only speaks to WCC games. I assume the majority of thos games will involve GU, but certainly not all of them. So, who in the know can tell us if (or how) those games will be available to fans out of the local market area?

Quote Originally Posted by VaBeachZAG View Post
    This article suggests to me that a number of Zags games will NOT appear on ESPN or CBS Sports. It only speaks to WCC games. I assume the majority of thos games will involve GU, but certainly not all of them. So, who in the know can tell us if (or how) those games will be available to fans out of the local market area?
    I’m assuming Root Sports until I hear otherwise (available out of market via regional sports package on DirecTV)

Quote Originally Posted by Razorzag99 View Post
    Can you still access the Stadium app on your Roku? Since around June, when I try to open the app on Roku, I receive the following message: "This channel is no longer available."

Yep, mine is gone as well.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

I wish we had a way to see Kraziness...

Man, I really need to see the TV schedule now... need to decide what I am going to do.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by Razorzag99 View Post

It looks like you can, but now instead of through the Stadium App you'll be going through The Roku Channel

https://www.cordcuttersnews.com/the-...-roku-channel/

When I went to the Stadium website, it appears as if there may now be a small monthly fee for live WCC programming:

https://watchstadium.com/where-to-watch/

When will we finally get a REAL schedule with tip times and TV info?

I'd WooHoo even still on this board? Francis???i need to decide soon myself. YouTube tv is perfect--except for no Root is games. Need to figure out a plan.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    Does FSN streaming in the NW pick up regional games from Root? They have a regional network everywhere it seems but the NW. Root is part of the FSN family.

I knew it wouldn’t work for me in the SW but thought “FSN” on SlingTV and the like might actually be Root for northwesterners...
    Root is a 60/40 partnership between the Mariners and Warner Media (AT&T). It used to be FSN, but no longer.

Just a heads up to those who want the best deal. I've heard that Disney+, launching in November, is going to have a bundle including Hulu and all the ESPN channels for something like $13 a month.

I'm not sure how YouTubeTV is going to react to that since they are charging in the neighborhood of $50 a month now.

My only worry is getting the games not broadcast by ESPN/CBS. It sounds like Stadium is the way to go? (fingers crossed)

Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    Just a heads up to those who want the best deal. I've heard that Disney+, launching in November, is going to have a bundle including Hulu and all the ESPN channels for something like $13 a month.

I'm not sure how YouTubeTV is going to react to that since they are charging in the neighborhood of $50 a month now.

My only worry is getting the games not broadcast by ESPN/CBS. It sounds like Stadium is the way to go? (fingers crossed)
    F1D, I think the Disney+ package includes the Hulu library streaming service, not the live TV streaming service.
    Welcome to Zagdom

Quote Originally Posted by maynard g krebs View Post
    Root is a 60/40 partnership between the Mariners and Warner Media (AT&T). It used to be FSN, but no longer.
    Thanks for the correction.

Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post

I'm keeping my fingers crossed on the Disney+ and ESPN coming together. If so, I think that's going to be the way to go for our family.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Last season watched every game that was not on cable or major carrier on WCC tv. Mostly good some small lapses but good. Couldnt figure out stadium tv? Then again i'm not tech savy, lucky if i can get my smart phone to work correctly! Only bummer is how late the games start on east coast but i still never miss one, drives my wife crazy but i think she likes lighting up our kitchen in blue and red lights before the games!

Quote Originally Posted by webspinnre View Post
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed on the Disney+ and ESPN coming together. If so, I think that's going to be the way to go for our family.
    Well since Disney owns about 80% of ESPN that is likely ...