Thread: Ryan Woolridge - Slipper Still Fits

Default Ryan Woolridge - Slipper Still Fits

The Slipper Still Fits website is doing intros about the Zag players - men and women and today they featured Ryan. I urge you to at least go check out the videos posted... he's been through a lot.

Here's the link:

https://www.slipperstillfits.com/201...ryan-woolridge
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Thanks for posting the videos and recommending them. I agree. I really enjoyed getting to know Ryan. Thanks for your help. I'm looking forward to seeing him play more than ever.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Thanks for posting the videos and recommending them. I agree. I really enjoyed getting to know Ryan. Thanks for your help. I'm looking forward to seeing him play more than ever.

Go Zags!!!
    Yep, me too! I love getting behind the scenes glimpses of the players.
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

I also have a special place in my heart for guys who've had it rough, and have suffered some, or a lot. He's really a true family man, and loves his parents so much and they're such a cool family. I love them too. I got to know them as much as him. What a great family. He; go9ing to fit in here at Gonzaga big time, and I for one will be pulling for him to succeed big time.

I didnt know he was set to commit to Texas the weekend Rick Barnes was fired. He looked like he had Zag hair from an early age too. I'm hoping he has a great final year locking down opponents guards and setting up everyone on offense.

Is anyone concerned about the TO rate or the low FT %.? I do love his defense !

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    Doc let's hope the TO rate has to do with the type of offence they ran as well as the players surrounding him...

With regards to his FT%, I believe with using the proper technique and hard work he can improve just the same way Brandon improved.

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    MDABE: One explanation could be, as explained in the article, is that he had the ball in his hands like 90% of the time. He had such a huge responsibility on that team. Not only for passing and ball handling but also for scoring. I agree with the author of the article that at Gonzaga he won't have that kind of responsibility, especially for scoring. I am in agreement with the author; so I guess I'm not worried about it. On the other hand, I don't feel the same way about free throw shooting. Hoping that will change, but if it doesn't I'm sure he won't be in the game at the end of the game. I hope he works hard to fix that part of his game. He can do it.

MJ and Magic also had lots of turnovers per game. Their positives were greater than their negatives. Free throws is the scary one for me. Hopefully he has been focusing on that and can get into the 70's by year end.

Quote Originally Posted by amaronizag View Post
    MJ and Magic also had lots of turnovers per game. Their positives were greater than their negatives. Free throws is the scary one for me. Hopefully he has been focusing on that and can get into the 70's by year end.
    If he doesn't, he won't be on the court at crunch time, too many others can fill the void.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    If he doesn't, he won't be on the court at crunch time, too many others can fill the void.
    Wish that were true. Super tight at guard unless both Ayayi surprises and Ravet comes in as a super refined freshman.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    The free throw thing is just symptomatic of a bad jump shot.

Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    The free throw thing is just symptomatic of a bad jump shot.
    Ala JWIII...still has difficulty making FT's...the young man needs to be "retrained" on how to shoot...

It's like changing your golf swing, like Tiger did after he was on tour for a couple-three years...

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    Ala JWIII...still has difficulty making FT's...the young man needs to be "retrained" on how to shoot...

It's like changing your golf swing, like Tiger did after he was on tour for a couple-three years...
    Agree, except that Tiger changed from one great golf swing to another

Oddly, none of the Dallas trio support the Cowboys with all rooting for the Seahawks.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Oddly, none of the Dallas trio support the Cowboys with all rooting for the Seahawks.
    OK. He admitted that he made that up.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!