Thread: Local Zag News

Hybrid View

Default Local Zag News

https://www.spreaker.com/show/the-pr...ith-larry-weir
    Here's a link to a daily podcast hosted by the local newspaper. Part of Friday's show focused on the upcoming season with Jim Meehan. They discuss the freshman and the beginning of regular practices coming September 24. The host is Larry Weir who is the voice of the Eastern Washington Eagles. Check it out.

Thanks Bunnie. Jim knows his stuff.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Once the season gets rolling, Jim Meehan is typically on Larry's podcast once a week. Usually Mondays.

Jim Meehan was back on today at about 11 minutes in to discuss Zag basketball again.

Larry Weir's podcast on the 20th is spent primarily with Sam Adams from SWX, a local, sports station affiliated with covering GU. Sam sometimes fills in for Greg Heister on local broadcasts of both men's and women's basketball games on KHQ/ROOT. Larry and Sam spend about 7 minutes talking about the Zags starting about the 28 minute mark where Larry asks for Sam's take on this year's team.

Tom Hudson on today starting at the 11 minute mark for about 25 minutes.
    https://www.spreaker.com/user/spokes...927-pressbox_1

That was weird. I got email at 827 am that sale started at 9. (but didnt see email till 857). Have to use will call, no print at home. At 9, eastern was sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by tummydoc View Post
    That was weird. I got email at 827 am that sale started at 9. (but didnt see email till 857). Have to use will call, no print at home. At 9, eastern was sold out.
    Maybe there was a mistake and the sale really starts today (???) - per past sales when they've usually been on Tuesdays. I'll call GU today. Was a bit too 'disappointed' yesterday to be as civil as a GU loving fan should be It was also odd to have all tickets go for all games that quickly. If they did all go, and quick too, and so early in the season .... not much point to join ZAG next year. We'll donate any $ to GU in some other fashion.
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

I called the ticket office and they explained that it was a limited presale so that ZAG members from out of town could know they had tickets and could make travel plans.

They also told me that more tickets for these games will be available on December 11 at 9 a.m. It makes sense because 1) they couldn't have sold that many tickets so fast - especially when many were unaware of the presale and 2) they really don't know how many tickets they will have until the students have an opportunity to secure theirs before Christmas break.

Yeah I am a little upset, but hopefully many good seats remain.

What are we talking about here? Like Gonzaga HOME games tickets? For sale? Without giving away rights to your firstborn? Unless this is super secret thing for members/boosters only, etc. Can anybody explain?
    Probably the only Gonzaga fan in Ireland!

Quote Originally Posted by Irish_eliZAG View Post
    What are we talking about here? Like Gonzaga HOME games tickets? For sale? Without giving away rights to your firstborn? Unless this is super secret thing for members/boosters only, etc. Can anybody explain?
    These are individual tickets to four or five games a year that occur when the students are on Christmas break and thus the entire section usually taken up by the KC is open for tickets to fans.

There is a hierarchy on who has first dibs to what seats and what games. Jesuits who have passed away and elevated to sainthood are about third on the list, just behind a couple groups.

I cannot speak to the last couple of years, but generally there are still some tickets available for the public at large, to at least one or two games. You might be seeing a game 2 days after Christmas or a terrible team, and sitting in a corner, but there is a chance. Just get all the info possible from the school itself, be early to call/show up, and be open, and I think there's a good chance.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.