Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Three Point Shooting in 2019-20

Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    Prior to the WCC tournament that year he was a 42.1% 3pt shooter and leading the team in that stat (32for76).

So his last 6 regular season games + his 3 WCC tourney games saw Killian go 24 for 33 (72.7%) which is insane, and only included 2 games in Spokane.
    Wow, it sure is. That is like 3 out of every four shots going in!

Hell, he could fall back to just making 2 out of every 3 shots, that would probably be enough given this team's other strengths.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

In 3 years of college ball Tillie is 70/149 on 3's, right at 47% so he is definitely a great 3 point shooter. If Gilder and Kispert can hit 38% while shooting 5 or 6 a game that should be enough to keep teams honest.

On a side note, I like Tillie playing at the top of the key because of his passing abilities also. It opens up room for other bigs to work and he doesn't have the bulk to bang down low. Long range and floaters are his strength.

I love Killian Tillie

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    I love Killian Tillie
    Wow I read that with a "Bill Walton" voice to it. That brings back bad memories!!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

[QUOTE=White lightning;1475865]Wow I read that with a "Bill Walton" voice to it. That brings back bad memories!!!

I love Walton too. He officiated at a wedding up in a Temecula winery and was a hoot. The couple’s name was Peace and he must’ve bellowed Give peace a chance a hundred times. And he spent most of the time romancing about the native history of the Temecula people, rather than celebrating the bride and groom.

[QUOTE=jazzdelmar; And he spent most of the time romancing about the native history of the Temecula people, rather than celebrating the bride and groom.[/QUOTE]

Yep that's how Walton rolls

My gut says Corey is going to be key this year and my memory is that his clutch 3 pointer was really good. One of these guys besides our stud Tillie is going to surprise. Not sure who but one of them.
    To Fish & Game: Keep streams stocked well for Mr. Few!

[QUOTE=jazzdelmar;1475867]
    Quote Originally Posted by White lightning View Post
    Wow I read that with a "Bill Walton" voice to it. That brings back bad memories!!!

I love Walton too. He officiated at a wedding up in a Temecula winery and was a hoot. The couple’s name was Peace and he must’ve bellowed Give peace a chance a hundred times. And he spent most of the time romancing about the native history of the Temecula people, rather than celebrating the bride and groom.
    I am that rare rare breed that loves Walton, even during some games, he is truly one of those mystics, in love with learning throughout life. His enthusiasm is cool, too. What he lacks in analysis, I'll deal with in terms of odd facts I learn.

And I like Vitale. He is just too good a person, such a huge heart, and done so much for people and college basketball, that I give him a pass on any craziness in commentary. Just have to. And his call on Tillie's tourney was a laugh out loud joy.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

[QUOTE=DixieZag;1475876]

I am that rare rare breed that loves Walton, even during some games, he is truly one of those mystics, in love with learning throughout life. His enthusiasm is cool, too. What he lacks in analysis, I'll deal with in terms of odd facts I learn.

And I like Vitale. He is just too good a person, such a huge heart, and done so much for people and college basketball, that I give him a pass on any craziness in commentary. Just have to. And his call on Tillie's tourney was a laugh out loud joy.
    Can you find any good in Dakich?

[QUOTE=DixieZag;1475876]

I'm with you on Vitale.

Walton comes across to me as self centered, wanting it all to be the Bill Walton reminisce tour. But that could be a misperception on me.

Back to the thread: Gonzaga's 3 point shooting will be just as good as it has been. I agree with those who feel Kispert will be out best outside shooter. He was that kind of shooter before his injury his freshman year. Another native of Washington state, Brock Ravet can also shoot the Ninja Three. He's a sharp shooter. Defenses will not leave either of these sharp shooters open. As has been mentioned, Tillie can really shoot the three and so can Petrusev. Gonzaga has always had good outside shooters and will have them again next year.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

[QUOTE=bdmiller7;1475879]
    Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post

Can you find any good in Dakich?
    No.
    Mark Twain.

I looked at ESPN's data, which goes back 14 years, on GU's 3 pt shooting. Interestingly, last year's team was second worst for 3 pt % of the 14 years at 36.5%. (Worst was '09-10 at 36.3). Best 3 pt team was 2014-5 at 40.8%. The 14 year average is right about 38, so the program has been pretty remarkably consistent in this area.

Surprised no mention in this thread of the new 3 pt line. Think it will effect efficiency?

Quote Originally Posted by tummydoc View Post
    Surprised no mention in this thread of the new 3 pt line. Think it will effect efficiency?
    I was on the floor of the Slim Gym last week and the change is not insignificant.

Prior to the WCC tournament that year he was a 42.1% 3pt shooter and leading the team in that stat (32for76).

People recall how good he was (13for14) in the WCC tournament (I remember Vitale bringing it up it either in the NCAA tournament that year, or in a game from this past year, or both) but he really got hot with 6 games in the regular season remaining. Those last 6 (including 4 away games) he shot 11for19.

So his last 6 regular season games + his 3 WCC tourney games saw Killian go 24 for 33 (72.7%) which is insane, and only included 2 games in Spokane.
    WOW!

THANKS for doing the research...He did have one heck of a tournament...I’m hoping, as is the rest of this board, that he has a great injury free season...

People recall how good he was (13for14) in the WCC tournament (I remember Vitale bringing it up it either in the NCAA tournament that year, or in a game from this past year, or both) but he really got hot with 6 games in the regular season remaining. Those last 6 (including 4 away games) he shot 11for19.

I think Few and staff will find lots of ways in which to have Killian do what Killian does best. In my prediction for the season I have 10 wins with the Zags scoring 100 points. That's predicated on Killian having some 30 point nights. That only takes 10 3s .... With Killian's height alone he's going to be darn hard to keep from shooting 3s. It's going to be a very interesting season.
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png