Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Any word on Oumar Ballo?

Quote Originally Posted by CB4 View Post
    Today, Sept. 4, apparently, is the University's last day to "late register" for all students. I don't know how, if at all, this plays into the NCAA eligibility requirements for freshman who enroll in classes late.

https://www.gonzaga.edu/academics/ac...ates-deadlines
    Geno went through a similar thing last year. There are ways around those dates. They are not NCAA dates and to be perfectly honest, for the average student, I would bet they aren't set in stone at GU... or many other colleges as well. You have "last days" so that there is a "deadline" that people tend to follow. The later it gets into the semester, the more difficult it gets as the student ends up being behind in the classes. Getting more than a week beyond that date would be problematic.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Unless he is doing coursework on line, which is what the other guys on the club do when they are on the road.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    Not. Even. Close.

At all.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMRrNY0pxfM

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    IIRC, Silas Melson was the last Zag who redshirted for developmental reasons. The injury to Josh short circuited that plan.
    Joel Ayayi?

Good opportunity to apply Coach Few's "patience" advice.

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Geno went through a similar thing last year. There are ways around those dates. They are not NCAA dates and to be perfectly honest, for the average student, I would bet they aren't set in stone at GU... or many other colleges as well. You have "last days" so that there is a "deadline" that people tend to follow. The later it gets into the semester, the more difficult it gets as the student ends up being behind in the classes. Getting more than a week beyond that date would be problematic.
    Geno was a graduate transfer and I believe they have a late start and a second enrollment period for masters students.

Need some help here. If Oumar is unable to register in time for the fall semester, could he register for the spring semester, and be eligible to play in January?

Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    Not. Even. Close.

At all.
    Thank you.

It is really irresponsible to speculate on a situation we know absolutely nothing about. I mean less than the starting line-up level of lack of knowledge.

I am only sure of four things:

He wants to be here.
    GU is doing all it can to help.
    There are factors outside of Ballo's and GU's control.
    I am sure it was not all started last minute. Even starting early doesn't help if delays are caused by someone else.

Just wish him the best and support the program doing all it can.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagRecruitWatch View Post
    Geno was a graduate transfer and I believe they have a late start and a second enrollment period for masters students.
    That is correct. But I seem to recall they had similar issue with Shem.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    That is correct. But I seem to recall they had similar issue with Shem.
    Elias Harris arrived for his freshman year at Gonzaga 3+ weeks after the “final day” to start classes. He was on top of school/class related issues via the internet. Our “friends” at the late “Dawn’sCentral” harped about that virtually all year.

"To be continued ....."
    Father Tony Lehman, SJ

Didn't Oumar attend an international school last year?

Oumar’s Instagram page has been very quiet for a couple of weeks. I check it everyday, hoping to see him on a plane. When I read this thread, I have to remind myself to breathe.
    Parlez-vous français?

Quote Originally Posted by Mantua View Post
    Oumar’s Instagram page has been very quiet for a couple of weeks. I check it everyday, hoping to see him on a plane. When I read this thread, I have to remind myself to breathe.
    I'm feelin' okay for the next couple weeks. then I'm going to start to panic especially if he is not there by kraziness.

Ballo posted a video of himself at an airport about an hour ago on his Instagram story. Hope it’s to Spo!
    In an ideal world, I would have all 10 fingers on my left hand so my right hand could just be a fist for punching.

Confirmed he is on his way to Spo per his latest Instagram post from about a minute ago. Yahtzee!
    In an ideal world, I would have all 10 fingers on my left hand so my right hand could just be a fist for punching.

Woohoo!!!

Sweet.

I assumed that he was on his way when I saw the Aéroport International picture in his story. What a moment! What do you think his eta is? The airport picture was posted 4 hours ago. He posted his thanks to the NBA Academy 2 hours ago. That post states his location as Bamako, Mali. I used to feel this way on Christmas Eve.
    Parlez-vous français?

I assume there’s going to be a few connecting flights, so my guess is tomorrow around this time...

Quote Originally Posted by Malastein View Post
    I assume there’s going to be a few connecting flights, so my guess is tomorrow around this time...
    Not a direct flight from Mali to Spokane?

How did we ever land this guy?
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Heck yes!

I assume there will be an adjustment and learning curve, I also assume when he is on, he will dominate.

....oh wait a relief it is....

I wouldn’t say that I was ever that stressed about his situation, but was curious as to when he would eventually arrive. His hype puts him at the top of the list for biggest commitments the Zags have had.

Quote Originally Posted by Malastein View Post
    I wouldn’t say that I was ever that stressed about his situation, but was curious as to when he would eventually arrive. His hype puts him at the top of the list for biggest commitments the Zags have had.
    Bol Kong type hype!

He posted thanking his NBA academy teammates, coaches, friends.. and ended his post with #spokanebound