Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Great article in The Athletic today about the team

Thanks bunnierancher

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    It’ll be Few’s biggest challenge to date LIZ.
    Lucky for us/GU Few thrives on challenges - and neither cuts corners nor spares ‘expenses’ to do so. We may have a few unknowns with players but Few/Lloyd have an exemplary track record of producing very fine BB teams. I believe we’re in for not just a very exciting season but also, ultimately, a very satisfying one as well. Remember GBJr is around too. The support system at GU is awesome.

This part of The Athletic piece stuck out to me ....

He was drawn to the program as a grad transfer, he says, because “they treat their guys like pros,” so with that in mind, it stands to reason that Gilder won’t be shy on the offensive end.
    These guys chose GU to be the best they can be.
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post

It was My understanding that the coaching staff can NOT supervise summer workouts and practices prior to the day when the NCAA has said it is allowed.

Can someone with actual knowledge of the rules comment to this point?...Please?
    I think think this changed several years ago (2012 maybe?). In basketball players can now do eight total (but not necessarily consecutive) weeks of 8 hours a week of supervised weights/conditioning and skill work (but 4 hours max for skill work). Here's what I found on the NCAA site:

17.1.7.2.1.5.1 Basketball. In basketball, a student-athlete who is enrolled in summer school may engage in required weight-training, conditioning and skill-related instruction for up to eight weeks (not required to be consecutive weeks). A student-athlete who is enrolled in at least three degree-applicable (pursuant to Bylaw 14.4.3.1.7) credit hours in one summer term that is fewer than eight weeks in duration may engage in required weight-training, conditioning and skill-related instruction for up to eight weeks (not required to be consecutive weeks). Participation in such activities shall be limited to a maximum of eight hours per week with not more than four hours per week spent on skill-related instruction. (Adopted: 1/14/12, Revised: 1/19/13, 4/28/16, 4/25/18)

Quote Originally Posted by GrizZAG View Post
    One thing, I think it is going to be a challenge for other teams to learn much from watching tape on the Zags for a while LOL...
    Wow, you just blew my mind. I am smiling at that thought

Quote Originally Posted by Argentum View Post
    I think think this changed several years ago (2012 maybe?). In basketball players can now do eight total (but not necessarily consecutive) weeks of 8 hours a week of supervised weights/conditioning and skill work (but 4 hours max for skill work). Here's what I found on the NCAA site:

17.1.7.2.1.5.1 Basketball. In basketball, a student-athlete who is enrolled in summer school may engage in required weight-training, conditioning and skill-related instruction for up to eight weeks (not required to be consecutive weeks). A student-athlete who is enrolled in at least three degree-applicable (pursuant to Bylaw 14.4.3.1.7) credit hours in one summer term that is fewer than eight weeks in duration may engage in required weight-training, conditioning and skill-related instruction for up to eight weeks (not required to be consecutive weeks). Participation in such activities shall be limited to a maximum of eight hours per week with not more than four hours per week spent on skill-related instruction. (Adopted: 1/14/12, Revised: 1/19/13, 4/28/16, 4/25/18)
    Thank you.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!