Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Edgar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Default Edgar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elected to the Baseball HOF!

About damn time!

Congratulations Edgar. A class act & a consummate professional.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Default Edgar

Edgar in HOF on last shot. Group of 4 led by the Sandman, first unanimous, Hallayday and Mus. Somewhere Joe Torre is tearing up.

It's about time! Glad for him... my favorite Mariner ever.
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

congrats he deserved it all along

Yeah it's OT but part of me feels like Sticking it to the Top. And I'm not sure but this could be Jazz's first "thread" start that's headed to the GUBoards Hall of Fame.

And I'm proud to be the first "5 Star" rater of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    Yeah it's OT but part of me feels like Sticking it to the Top. And I'm not sure but this could be Jazz's first "thread" start that's headed to the GUBoards Hall of Fame.

And I'm proud to be the first "5 Star" rater of this thread.
    For sure. Glad to see him getting in.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

So i’m in the hall of fame, too?

Quote Originally Posted by webspinnre View Post
    For sure. Glad to see him getting in.

Hall of Shame!

All time favorite M’s player. It’s about time.

I was lucky to be there when we beat the Yankees in game 5. Senior Double himself hit the double that scored Junior from 1st base.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Edgar has the nicest swing, i am sure he can still hit.
    And Halladay was just a beast, what a treat it was following and cheering for him when he helped the Phillies winning the W.S. in 08 with a perfect game along the way.

Mariners fans were spoiled for a while. Junior, Edgar, the big unit, arod (puke but...), buhner, tino...

Heard that tonight watching the news... wife, NYer and not super into baseball, gave me a look when I yelled YES.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

I’m a Met fan but man Edgar was such a great hitter his entire career. Glad enough writers finally got over their bias against a legit baseball position of DH. Blows my mind that was such an issue for a guy that was one of the best hitters in his era. So utterly happy for him.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousZ View Post

I was lucky to be there when we beat the Yankees in game 5. Senior Double himself hit the double that scored Junior from 1st base.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ekrub View Post
    Mariners fans were spoiled for a while. Junior, Edgar, the big unit, arod (puke but...), buhner, tino...
    I'll have a double Martinez!

Such a great line with Edgar and Tino.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Absolute class act
    Worked many games in dugout and he was absolutely amazing go into clubhouse between at bats and have jug machine spit balls at him. Wouldn’t swing but would call out the number that was written on the ball. An amazing ballplayer
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousZ View Post

Me too assigned to first base side line security with my police dog. Was amazing
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Edgar is a good dude and quite deserving of the Hall. I've been watching this saga play out for several years now and while I felt confident that this was the year, there was still doubt. It's a shame he was blocked early in his career by the Mariners and shunned by purists who insist that position players need only apply. The irony is not lost on me that Manny Rivera was the first unanimous selection to the Hall and was only ever a closer. I say great for him.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. - Steven Wright

Beat everyone, and enjoy drinking from a chalice filled with their salty tears.
    Surfmonkey89

Braves fan here but nothing but absolute respect for Edgar.
    21 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Quote Originally Posted by billyberu View Post
    Edgar is a good dude and quite deserving of the Hall. I've been watching this saga play out for several years now and while I felt confident that this was the year, there was still doubt. It's a shame he was blocked early in his career by the Mariners and shunned by purists who insist that position players need only apply. The irony is not lost on me that Manny Rivera was the first unanimous selection to the Hall and was only ever a closer. I say great for him.

Started 10 games in 1995.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    Started 10 games in 1995.
    And Gar started 532 times at 3rd base.
    Thought you'd appreciate that Edgar had a collective .375/.416/.714/1.130 slash against Rivera, Halladay and Mussina!

There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot. - Steven Wright

Beat everyone, and enjoy drinking from a chalice filled with their salty tears.
    Surfmonkey89

Wow, congrats Edgar!!!!
    Go Zags!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopaholic View Post
    Me too assigned to first base side line security with my police dog. Was amazing
    Must be well-trained dogs. Every dog I've ever met over 40 lbs that sees a ball go rolling on by is going. to. get. that. ball.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Back in the 90's was chatting with a Yankees friend about baseball and mentioned that Buhner always seemed to have big games against his former team. He said, "Screw Buhner, Edgar Martinez scares the crap out of us." Nuff said.

Was texting my big brother all day yesterday. We went to the 2001 All Star game in Seattle. Most people bought the Ichiro all star t-shirt, but I bought Martinez. Heard the announcement in my car and screamed, YES YES YES!

Quote Originally Posted by Robzagnut View Post
    Back in the 90's was chatting with a Yankees friend about baseball and mentioned that Buhner always seemed to have big games against his former team. He said, "Screw Buhner, Edgar Martinez scares the crap out of us." Nuff said.

Was texting my big brother all day yesterday. We went to the 2001 All Star game in Seattle. Most people bought the Ichiro all star t-shirt, but I bought Martinez. Heard the announcement in my car and screamed, YES YES YES!
    All my Yankee friends feared Edger. When the diamondbacks were up to bat against Rivera in the deciding game of whatever WS that was, my cousin, from NY, said at least it's not that damn Edger Martinez. He hit over .500 against Rivera.

Man those were some good Mariner teams.