Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Excellent Zags Preview by 3MW

Default Excellent Zags Preview by 3MW

https://www.three-man-weave.com/3mw/...a-preview-2020

Great preview of the season, Iím looking forward to this one big time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kong-Kool-Aid View Post

Great preview of the season, I’m looking forward to this one big time.
    "The Texas Two-step" that's hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by Kong-Kool-Aid View Post

Great preview of the season, I’m looking forward to this one big time.
    Super find! THANKS!!!

Very good write up and time will tell just how good of a prognosticator the author will be...

Great article! Go Zags!!

All we need is Timme, Ballo, Tillie, Filip and Admon/Ravet and we’re going to the E 8 minimum.

Thanks Kong.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Good article overall, but one glaring error imo when he talked about Kispert moving to sg to create more minutes for the plethora of bigs. Anybody who has watched the team a lot knows that's not gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by maynard g krebs View Post
    Good article overall, but one glaring error imo when he talked about Kispert moving to sg to create more minutes for the plethora of bigs. Anybody who has watched the team a lot knows that's not gonna happen.
    True. ...but it has already been said that Watson will likely spend most, or at least a lot of time at the 3, so it isnít necessarily wrong either.

Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoZag View Post
    True. ...but it has already been said that Watson will likely spend most, or at least a lot of time at the 3, so it isn’t necessarily wrong either.
    When he goes in at the 3, that will be three guy on the court that are over 6'10. That's a big boy lineup!!

Quote Originally Posted by ZagRecruitWatch View Post
    When he goes in at the 3, that will be three guy on the court that are over 6'10. That's a big boy lineup!!
    I didn't realize Watson was 6'10. I had thought he was more 6'7 or so. I wonder if I had it right at first, but he continued to grow even more, or whether I had it wrong from the beginning.

Pretty cool that he's that versatile while being that tall.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    I didn't realize Watson was 6'10. I had thought he was more 6'7 or so. I wonder if I had it right at first, but he continued to grow even more, or whether I had it wrong from the beginning.

Pretty cool that he's that versatile while being that tall.
    Most report he’s 6-7, 6-8.

Playing angry... reminds me of a guy named Casey. Man... watching Timme play is gonna be FUN.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Most report he’s 6-7, 6-8.
    Probably depends of if they measure from the top of the head or the top of the hair.

Timme and Watty, Fire and Ice.

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Playing angry... reminds me of a guy named Casey. Man... watching Timme play is gonna be FUN.
    Having seen Drew play, it's going to be great. As much as we loved J3, one could only grimace when he had the ball in traffic. Drew got used to being double and triple teamed, and he displayed a deft passing skill. Zags will be able to run their traditional high-low offense through Drew on Day 1.

How many other freshman can do that?

Probably depends of if they measure from the top of the head or the top of the hair.
    I've seen Drew listed as 6'9" and Pavel as 6'10" or 6'11".

Based on this picture I'd guess Anton is 6'9" (if the other measures are accurate).

He's shorter than Pavel and looks to be at least as tall (or within 1/2") or Drew.

Who is the extra dude in the middle? And where is Ballo?

Who is the extra dude in the middle? And where is Ballo?
    1. Someone from Ravet's high school.

2. What am I, the Ballo wrangler? He's probably in Greece or Mali or other far flung destination. Or taking the picture for all I know.
    I was just curious how many of the players seem to be in Washington over the summer VS France or elsewhere, and this image was on Ravet's instatweetgrambook

- great site!
    - spent time reading up on Arizona, seton hall, st. mary, and Oregon (although not updated with Oregon's most recent two freshman).

Just remember the defence might have trouble with that line-up BUT on the other hand, can our 6'7" - 6'10" SF guard their SF on the other end...that was one of the issues Coach Few had when he tried to start PK, DS and KW at the same time...they couldn't defend the other SF...I remember the 1st half of the Pitt game in Okinawa...KW struggled on defence...yes, the floor was "wet" too...

Quote Originally Posted by maynard g krebs View Post
    Based on what we have seen so far, I'd normally say you're correct. But, in this case, I am going to disagree. Not only do I think Kispert can play the two (especially offensively), I suspect that is exactly what may be happening. I base this mostly on my own belief that we haven't seen the real Cory Kispert and he has a lot more to offer than we have seen. But I also have seen continual social media exchanges between Kispert and his teammates, with many mentions of "big guard U" and the like. Maybe I am reading too much into those, but maybe I am not.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    Just remember the defence might have trouble with that line-up BUT on the other hand, can our 6'7" - 6'10" SF guard their SF on the other end...that was one of the issues Coach Few had when he tried to start PK, DS and KW at the same time...they couldn't defend the other SF...I remember the 1st half of the Pitt game in Okinawa...KW struggled on defence...yes, the floor was "wet" too...
    I always understood why a big lanky guy might have trouble guarding a fast wing. I never really understood why that fast wing wouldn't have a hard time guarding a guy who has 4-5 inches on him and maybe 30 pounds. There must be a reason or Few would go with it, I just never understood.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by BavarianZag View Post
    Based on what we have seen so far, I'd normally say you're correct. But, in this case, I am going to disagree. Not only do I think Kispert can play the two (especially offensively), I suspect that is exactly what may be happening. I base this mostly on my own belief that we haven't seen the real Cory Kispert and he has a lot more to offer than we have seen. But I also have seen continual social media exchanges between Kispert and his teammates, with many mentions of "big guard U" and the like. Maybe I am reading too much into those, but maybe I am not.
    It would be a big change from what we've seen for the past two decades. Nobody w/ CK's body type and skill set has played the 2 for GU that I can remember. Till now, Few has always liked to have two true guards on the floor, as opposed to a pg and two wings.

ETA I'm a big Kispert fan, as anyone who read my report on him at the spring Premier League after his jr yr in hs would recall. I do agree that he has the vision/awareness/understanding to play the 2, but there are other issues imo.

Kispert is really not a 2 or a 3. He's a 2.5, it dosnt
    really matter. Kispert can shoot, its all about give and take. I think we take him for granted a little bit, Kispert is a heck of a player! Lapses on defence (yes) but he can give you 18 points any night you give him the chance. Without guy's who can shoot the 3 (Kispert, Gilder or Tillie) defenses collapse in the paint and it kills the offence. As Crazy as it sounds in a Mark Few offence on some plays Tillie would be the 2 like ( Cam Johnson) and Kispert the 3. We need to give Kispert some respect he can really play!!