Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: DZ Eighth Annual One BOLD Prediction thread.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Bold Prediction: One of the WCC consecutive game winning streaks -- Santa Clara (19), Pepperdine (37), or LMU (21) -- comes to an end in 2020.
    Question would then be... which? If it were to happen... I'd say it'd be the Waves.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Question would then be... which? If it were to happen... I'd say it'd be the Waves.
    Definitely the waves will have the stronger team out of those schools next year. But he's within the rules of one bold prediction with a couple subtle predictions within the same one.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagRecruitWatch View Post
    Definitely the waves will have the stronger team out of those schools next year. But he's within the rules of one bold prediction with a couple subtle predictions within the same one.
    Yeah, and he's a mod and a great guy. He gets the benefit of the doubt. Especially with a really BOLD prediction.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    I think Santa Clara

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basketball Web Sites Listing

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    I think Santa Clara

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Of your three, that's who I would pick. Good Zag teams have struggled in that building many times, and they are due to have a better season.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Forget about which school, how about our record-setting conference road winning streak. I believe we still have an active winning streak on the road in the WCC that is around 30 games or so and is a NCAA record going back to the last time we lost at St Marys.

I think my bold prediction is that Ayayi will average 7+ points this season. Just a gut feeling that he's due to break through.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBunnieRancher View Post
    Forget about which school, how about our record-setting conference road winning streak. I believe we still have an active winning streak on the road in the WCC that is around 30 games or so and is a NCAA record going back to the last time we lost at St Marys.
    I believe it is currently at 32 games...

Go!! Zags!!!
    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

Quote Originally Posted by zagamatic View Post
    I think my bold prediction is that Ayayi will average 7+ points this season. Just a gut feeling that he's due to break through.
    I was so close to going with something like this, but didn't know exactly how to frame it.

Well done.
    Mark Twain.

John Stockton will be shown in the stands for a nationally televised game and the announcers will say that's David Stockton's dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagger View Post
    Last year my BOLD prediction was the Zags scoring 120 points in a game. Nailed that one against Idaho State (120-79 in November).

This year I predict the Zags will have 10 games with their final score over 100 points. Main reason ..... Tillie - either directly related to his scoring ability, especially from 3, or due to the opposing defense not covering other Zags well by over reacting to Killian.

I’d like to add that I believe the Zags will be one HOT team this season .... fast & accurate + going deep in the dance.
    Does yesterday's MSU scrimmage count? If so, I'm off to a good start!
    Debating myself ... I guess "games" is not scrimmage ....
    Anywho, anxious to get the ball bouncing! With the guys appearing to have played quite successfully against State yesterday I'm now even more excited about the season. Killian's knee procedure might be just the thing to help keep him playing (nixing a problem before it bites him). Now to get Ballo all squared away ....
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

No Zag will be drafted before the 25th pick of the first round of the NBA draft even though the team advances past the first weekend of the NCAA tournament.
    I miss Mike Hart

Close mick, just off by one weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by Zagger View Post
    Does yesterday's MSU scrimmage count? If so, I'm off to a good start!
    Debating myself ... I guess "games" is not scrimmage ....
    Anywho, anxious to get the ball bouncing! With the guys appearing to have played quite successfully against State yesterday I'm now even more excited about the season. Killian's knee procedure might be just the thing to help keep him playing (nixing a problem before it bites him). Now to get Ballo all squared away ....
    Up to you to define whether it counts!

Who knows if it benefits us in the long run, but it's great for the guys' confidence.

We should note, that if it was primarily our starters against a 12 man rotation from Sparty, that likely isn't going to happen in regular season.

OTOH, we'd play Tillie if it were regular season.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    Corey Kispert will be Zags’ leading scorer and 1st Team All-WCC
    So far so good!
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Zags reach title game and win. It upstages every year we have ever had.
    Love the zags for life

Tillie play is off the charts, leads GU to the FF, and gets drafted in the top 10.

Gonzaga wins the National Championship

Joel Ayayi makes the key play to get us to the Elite Eight.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Admon Gilder wins POY for the WCC

This may not be all that bold, but:

At some point this year considerable discontent will be directed at the guard position, along with clamoring for change. The board will be split, and such clamoring will go on for quite some time.

Some might even avoid the board because of such clamoring. Oh the clamoring that will take place! I suspect there will be gnashing of teeth as well, along with a lot of keyboard coaches that will arise from all corners of the internets.

Again, this may not be so bold.

Tillie does NOT miss a single game due to injury. (he does miss a game however due to curious circumstances)

Zags make the Final Four and Gilder becomes the next great Zag transfer (NWG 2.0)

Zags average 85 points per game

Zags top 10 in KenPom rankings both offensively and defensively

Tillie has a March to remember and is drafted back end of the lottery

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Zags make the Final Four and Gilder becomes the next great Zag transfer (NWG 2.0)

Zags average 85 points per game

Zags top 10 in KenPom rankings both offensively and defensively

Tillie has a March to remember and is drafted back end of the lottery
    Coming from your crystal ball, this has me excited!!!

Oumar Ballo will redshirt until the NCAA tournament where he'll be dramatically pulled into service and will perform a miracle for the ages, leading GU to advance to a 2nd final 4 in 4 years.