Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DZ Eighth Annual One BOLD Prediction thread.

Big Rob "Bobby" Sacre joins the staff and fires up the troops on and off the floor...

Go!! Zags!!!
    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

The Zags will have one loss heading into conference play - and it won't be to UNC.
    My posts indicate that I don't seem to follow college basketball all that closely.

Quote Originally Posted by bigblahla View Post
    Big Rob "Bobby" Sacre joins the staff and fires up the troops on and off the floor...

Go!! Zags!!!
    Please make this happen!!

After winning the Sweet Sixteen game and advancing to the Elite 8, Mark Few is so happy, and is running madly into the locker room to do his Cart Wheel for his bloodied warriors, and just as he places his hand down to do his cartwheel, his hand slips because of a wet floor, and Mark loses his balance and his once beautiful cartwheel is thrown off coarse and he Lands abruptly (and at a bad angle) on the floor and breaks his ankle. He is carried out of the locker room by his players and sent to the hospital. We next see Coach Few on the sidelines as the team prepares for the battle in the Elite 8 on crutches, and his foot is showing a cast. Mark remains standing or leaning on his crutches on the sidelines the entire game. He is a huge distraction to the Duke players, and Coach K, and the Zags stun Duke and head for the Final 4 once again. Few is voted Coach of the year, and the fans get to see the replay of the "Cartwheel Flop" at least a dozen times until the final game is over.

How's That for a prediction.....hahahaha

Go Zags!!!

ps You said you wanted bold!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    After winning the Sweet Sixteen game and advancing to the Elite 8, Mark Few is so happy, and is running madly into the locker room to do his Cart Wheel for his bloodied warriors, and just as he places his hand down to do his cartwheel, his hand slips because of a wet floor, and Mark loses his balance and his once beautiful cartwheel is thrown off coarse and he Lands abruptly (and at a bad angle) on the floor and breaks his ankle. He is carried out of the locker room by his players and sent to the hospital. We next see Coach Few on the sidelines as the team prepares for the battle in the Elite 8 on crutches, and his foot is showing a cast. Mark remains standing or leaning on his crutches on the sidelines the entire game. He is a huge distraction to the Duke players, and Coach K, and the Zags stun Duke and head for the Final 4 once again. Few is voted Coach of the year, and the fans get to see the replay of the "Cartwheel Flop" at least a dozen times until the final game is over.

Go Zags!!!

Best creative narrative prediction!
    "I'm telling you Tillie knows how to play." - Mark Few

Quote Originally Posted by Mantua View Post
    Best creative narrative prediction!
    Thanks, Mantua. I had a good time writing it. It's a lot of fun to be creative and funny sometimes....
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Gonzaga beats Duke to advance in the Dance...

Last year my BOLD prediction was the Zags scoring 120 points in a game. Nailed that one against Idaho State (120-79 in November).

This year I predict the Zags will have 10 games with their final score over 100 points. Main reason ..... Tillie - either directly related to his scoring ability, especially from 3, or due to the opposing defense not covering other Zags well by over reacting to Killian.

I’d like to add that I believe the Zags will be one HOT team this season .... fast & accurate + going deep in the dance.
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

Spy will be given one last chance and will be proven a worthy addition to the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagger View Post
    Last year my BOLD prediction was the Zags scoring 120 points in a game. Nailed that one against Idaho State (120-79 in November)..
    Nicely done! BOLD and spot on.

You win 100 internet points, to be redeemed at the gift shop on your way out.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Go!! Zags!!!
    How awesome would that be? Imagine his post game press conferences.

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post

Go Zags!!!

LOL. Surprised you didn't make yourself sick by predicting such a violent injury Broken bones are no joke; I have had two, and they throb for about 5 days, preventing sleep. You should be ashamed for predicting such a thing. Or so a humorless person would say

Go!! Zags!!!
    Funny side note: At the Kraziness in the Kennel autograph line in Rob’s senior year, I mentioned to him something about him not being there the year before (I believe he was sick) and I had a ball with everyone’s signature but his. The funny part is I called him “Bobby” without even thinking about it because we called him that quite frequently on the GUBoards. He didn’t say WTF, but you could tell he was thinking it. Not my best moment.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousZ View Post
    Funny side note: At the Kraziness in the Kennel autograph line in Rob’s senior year, I mentioned to him something about him not being there the year before (I believe he was sick) and I had a ball with everyone’s signature but his. The funny part is I called him “Bobby” without even thinking about it because we called him that quite frequently on the GUBoards. He didn’t say WTF, but you could tell he was thinking it. Not my best moment.
    I not so boldly predict that Rob has had so much attention that basically nothing phased him at all. Probably thought it was pretty cool and processing where it came from.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagger View Post
    Last year my BOLD prediction was the Zags scoring 120 points in a game. Nailed that one against Idaho State (120-79 in November).

This year I predict the Zags will have 10 games with their final score over 100 points. Main reason ..... Tillie - either directly related to his scoring ability, especially from 3, or due to the opposing defense not covering other Zags well by over reacting to Killian.

I’d like to add that I believe the Zags will be one HOT team this season .... fast & accurate + going deep in the dance.
    I mentally prepared myself so hard for Tillie leaving, I keep forgetting he is back... I'm glad for it, of course.

My bold prediction: The French Connection finally happens -- Ayayi finally makes a contribution on the floor as our glue guy, filling the stat sheet and making point guard plays to Tillie (and others, but that messes up the analogy) from the 2 spot.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post

My bold prediction: The French Connection finally happens -- Ayayi finally makes a contribution on the floor as our glue guy, filling the stat sheet and making point guard plays to Tillie (and others, but that messes up the analogy) from the 2 spot.
    Oumar Ballo is fluent in French, so if your connection works linguistically and not just geographically, then there could be some French triangle offense.

Not one non-senior opts out for the pros. Ayayi has breakout season. 2020-21 will go down as greatest Gonzaga team ever.

Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    Oumar Ballo is fluent in French, so if your connection works linguistically and not just geographically, then there could be some French triangle offense.
    I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    I mentally prepared myself so hard for Tillie leaving, I keep forgetting he is back... I'm glad for it, of course.
    I did, too. The kid so deserves an injury-free senior year. He's had such bad luck that I near made it a BOLD prediction that he'd play every game. But, it could be taken the wrong way. I just want it for him.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    Nicely done! BOLD and spot on.

You win 100 internet points, to be redeemed at the gift shop on your way out.
    100 IPs Yippee!
    Moocho Grassyass!
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    I not so boldly predict that Rob has had so much attention that basically nothing phased him at all. Probably thought it was pretty cool and processing where it came from.
    He actually said on several occasions that he preferred to be called Bobby......

I predict sales of Tums, Rolaids and possibly alcohol skyrocket in the Spokane area until conference play begins. Maybe elsewhere too.
    To Fish & Game: Keep streams stocked well for Mr. Few!

Bold Prediction: One of the WCC consecutive game winning streaks -- Santa Clara (19), Pepperdine (37), or LMU (21) -- comes to an end in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Bold Prediction: One of the WCC consecutive game winning streaks -- Santa Clara (19), Pepperdine (37), or LMU (21) -- comes to an end in 2020.
    ouch
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Whoa, there is BOLD and then there is BOLD. We will see. I will remember this one especially.
    Mark Twain.