Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 147

Thread: 2021 Paolo Banchero

  1. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    West Seattle
    Posts
    984

    Default

    Have no knowledge regarding Banchero's background/aspirations, but objectively I think Gonzaga has some advantages: (1) close to home, but not too close; (2) Banchero has significant familiarity/contact with GU as university and a MBB program; and (3) he's coming from O'Dea that has a distinct and passionate "brotherhood" culture that permeates its athletic program and results in long-term loyalty by alums and parents to this small, blue-collarish school. Very similar to Zag culture.

  2. #27
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    8,045

    Default

    We get him on campus for a close up look at the program and add that to the success that we have had with bigs and we have a solid chance to get him in a Zag uniform-- if he takes an unoffical plus and official here it only gets better.

  3. #28
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    On an island that is long
    Posts
    12,568

    Default

    Earlier visit is definitely nice. I agree with CDC in that he is almost destined to be at UW... but who knows.
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

    "Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

    Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

    2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

  4. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
    Earlier visit is definitely nice. I agree with CDC in that he is almost destined to be at UW... but who knows.
    Gonzaga is in a really good spot here and Paolo may end up the number 1 player in the class. Would be an epic recruit we land and we have a good shot at doing it. Honestly (my opinion only here nothing from my sources other than the interest is real), but I think we have a slight lead in this as we have put in the time and we just landed Rui, who is similar in skill set, in the lottery.

  5. #30
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    8,045

    Default

    Harris also reaching out to connect with him.....

    Dominick Harris ����#♂️
    @DominickHarri2
    ·
    15h
    what it do babyyyyyyyy ☺️
    @Pp_doesit

  6. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    145

    Default

    It is nice just being considered by a Seattle Area recruit for once. I can't remember the last top guy we have gotten out of Seattle. Probably Gary Bell?

  7. #32
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    241

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ladyzag12 View Post
    It is nice just being considered by a Seattle Area recruit for once. I can't remember the last top guy we have gotten out of Seattle. Probably Gary Bell?
    Gary Bell was 105th ranked nationally by 247 Sports, even though he was 2nd best recruit in Washington. Paolo is in a different league. This guy isn't a "Washington recruit." He transcends that.
    GU Class of '10, MUSC Class of '14

  8. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Tri-Cities
    Posts
    1,881

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ladyzag12 View Post
    It is nice just being considered by a Seattle Area recruit for once. I can't remember the last top guy we have gotten out of Seattle. Probably Gary Bell?
    Kispert??
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

    ~ Desiderius Erasmus

  9. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Napa, CA
    Posts
    4,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Harris also reaching out to connect with him.....

    Dominick Harris ����#♂️
    @DominickHarri2
    ·
    15h
    what it do babyyyyyyyy ☺️
    @Pp_doesit
    Love the way our guys have really embraced repping GU.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

  10. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,388

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by webspinnre View Post
    Love the way our guys have really embraced repping GU.
    Harris, in particular, seems to be a good ambassador for GU. He's very active on other players' Twitter accounts

  11. #36
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,955

    Default

    Bell, Kispert, Gray- all basically from the 'burbs. When we talk about city kids, I think it means Garfield/Beach/Franklin/O'Dea/Seattle Prep, or even Cleveland/Blanchet/West Seattle et al.

  12. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    329

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maynard g krebs View Post
    Bell, Kispert, Gray- all basically from the 'burbs. When we talk about city kids, I think it means Garfield/Beach/Franklin/O'Dea/Seattle Prep, or even Cleveland/Blanchet/West Seattle et al.
    are PB's parents coming for either visit? We seem to always be a hit with the folks.

  13. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Adventure Land
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    That's pretty big news. We had him on campus last summer during team camps and that's when things took off. We have a foundation laid for him, but the 5 visits include the 4 mentioned in the tweet and Kentucky. He will be hard to land.
    When I'm giving my sales pitch I always want to be the last guy in and leave the impression that lasts. One of the biggest obstacles is that people want to avoid the conflict of having to call the other interested parties. I tell them I will happily make that call for them.

    Just hope he last till our visit and gets to see the kennel in all its glory.

  14. #39
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    11,983

  15. #40
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Richland, Washington
    Posts
    6,462

    Default

    The unofficial visit layered with the official visit is the point that many folks are missing here.

    If GU wasn't being taken seriously, I think the visits would have been limited to one.

    GU make sense if he wants his friends and family to have access to his games, play on a team that has become a habitual final four contender, and join a program that has recent success getting underclassmen drafted in the NBA first round.
    I miss Mike Hart

  16. #41
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Is there anything significant occurring on campus September 7-8 or is it just out of convenience?

  17. #42
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZagZombie View Post
    Is there anything significant occurring on campus September 7-8 or is it just out of convenience?
    Student will be back on campus... but in terms of basketball operation I don't believe so.

  18. #43
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,004

    Default

    Totally forgot Perry had committed. That kid is a stud!

  19. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Posts
    280

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    Totally forgot Perry had committed. That kid is a stud!
    He reminds me alot of Elias Harris.

  20. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZagRecruitWatch View Post
    He reminds me alot of Elias Harris.
    Reminds me of Brandon Clarke

  21. #46
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Richland, Washington
    Posts
    79

    Default

    The thread needs a highlight reel. Again, its a highlight reel, but he looks smooth and around the ball a lot. Has a smooth stroke and was always in the action or under the basket. Would be a great addition if we can get him to commit.

    https://youtu.be/B3jDEmI3giI

  22. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    seattle, spokane
    Posts
    3,132

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MickMick View Post
    The unofficial visit layered with the official visit is the point that many folks are missing here.

    If GU wasn't being taken seriously, I think the visits would have been limited to one.

    GU make sense if he wants his friends and family to have access to his games, play on a team that has become a habitual final four contender, and join a program that has recent success getting underclassmen drafted in the NBA first round.
    I like the phrase 'habitual final four contender' and realize contender can refer to potential,
    however the zags have had one trip to the Final Four in 20 years, in fact in history.
    Over here in Seattle, that phrase would be challenged rather than accepted ...

  23. #48
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lacrosse, Washington
    Posts
    6,623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ZagsGoZags View Post
    I like the phrase 'habitual final four contender' and realize contender can refer to potential,
    however the zags have had one trip to the Final Four in 20 years, in fact in history.
    Over here in Seattle, that phrase would be challenged rather than accepted ...
    Can’t be a final four contender unless you make the dance
    Making the dance 20 years in row makes you a habitual contender in my book
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

    Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

  24. #49
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    13,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EEzag View Post
    are PB's parents coming for either visit? We seem to always be a hit with the folks.
    Especially the moms.

  25. #50
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    8,444

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    Especially the moms.
    My wife's first visit to Spokane was back in 2001. After two days on campus, she was sold at what GU had to offer. My daughter opted to stay closer to home, my oldest son took a different path, youngest son will go the CC route over the next couple of years. Big D's my last shot, and he just started third grade.

    From what I heard Megan Timme, Drew's mom, fell in love with GU during their visit two years ago.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •