• Ebay
    Kennel Club Material
    • Jan 2010

Jake

Verified account

@jakeweingarten
    Follow Follow @jakeweingarten
    More Jake Retweeted Jake

Significant info: Banchero just told me that he will also take an unofficial visit to Gonzaga on September 7-8, so that visit plus the scheduled official visit he has.

In an ideal world, I would have all 10 fingers on my left hand so my right hand could just be a fist for punching.

Comment

• Norwester
      Kennel Club Material
      • Mar 2007

It will be a huge surprise if Paolo goes anywhere other than UW. His dad played football for UW and his mom was a star on UW's women's basketball team. He has virtually grown up on campus.

Comment

• OCzag
        Bulldog Fan
        • Mar 2018

Originally posted by Norwester View Post
        It will be a huge surprise if Paolo goes anywhere other than UW. His dad played football for UW and his mom was a star on UW's women's basketball team. He has virtually grown up on campus.
        I agree but you never know. Walker Kessler has strong family ties to Georgia and they didn't even make his top six. You're probably right but I gotta find ways keep the hope alive

Comment

• OntZags
          Professional Zag Fan
          • Jan 2017

Originally posted by OCzag View Post
          I agree but you never know. Walker Kessler has strong family ties to Georgia and they didn't even make his top six. You're probably right but I gotta find ways keep the hope alive
          I think the coaching change may have been the final nail in their chances. Fox got replaced by Crean and California (Fox's new school) was in the top 6.

Comment

• White lightning
            Zag for Life
            • Dec 2017

Possibly he doesn't feel like "playing the zone" fit's his game?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

• FloridaZagFan
              Bleeds GU Blue
              • May 2019

Regarding the diffrence in the level of recruting lately.

THIS IS NOT YOUR FATHERS GONZAGA!

Living on the east coast i used to get comments like " Gonzaga, isnt that the team that seems to upset someone in the tourament every year?" Now when i mention Gonzaga, its a totally diffren vibe! I definitely feel the east coast bias but Gonzaga has a new level of respect that it has never had. Recruting kids as talented as Paolo is the new norm and we need to get used to it!

Comment

• Hoopaholic
                • Mar 2008

Or wants to spread his wings little bit?
                The ones that want to love us when we’re up & kick us when we’re down, screw off honestly. Drew Timme January 2023

Comment

• scrooner
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

I grew up in Corvallis and had zero desire to go to Oregon State. I wanted to get some breathing room from my parents!

Comment

• Zagdawg
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Maybe wants to make his own legacy and still be close enough to home for family and friends to be able to see him beat UW each year.

Comment

• CDC84
                      Super Moderator
                      • Feb 2007

All crystal ball predictions at 247sports are saying Washington. I don't have much hope, even though it is interesting that they are getting the unofficial visit.

Then again, on the recruiting front, at some point Few and Co. ideally needs to sign one of these big name, "inner city" (I use that term loosely) Seattle kids. So long as they fit the system and so on. It sure would've been nice to have gotten Brandon Roy, and Few came way closer to landing him than most folks think. Obviously, the trouble is that this kid is even more highly rated than Brandon was.

Comment

• Zag365
                        Zag for Life
                        • Apr 2007

Have no knowledge regarding Banchero's background/aspirations, but objectively I think Gonzaga has some advantages: (1) close to home, but not too close; (2) Banchero has significant familiarity/contact with GU as university and a MBB program; and (3) he's coming from O'Dea that has a distinct and passionate "brotherhood" culture that permeates its athletic program and results in long-term loyalty by alums and parents to this small, blue-collarish school. Very similar to Zag culture.

Comment

• Zagdawg
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

We get him on campus for a close up look at the program and add that to the success that we have had with bigs and we have a solid chance to get him in a Zag uniform-- if he takes an unoffical plus and official here it only gets better.

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
                            • Feb 2007

Earlier visit is definitely nice. I agree with CDC in that he is almost destined to be at UW... but who knows.
                            "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• caldwellzag
                              Zag for Life
                              • Jan 2018

Originally posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
                              Earlier visit is definitely nice. I agree with CDC in that he is almost destined to be at UW... but who knows.
                              Gonzaga is in a really good spot here and Paolo may end up the number 1 player in the class. Would be an epic recruit we land and we have a good shot at doing it. Honestly (my opinion only here nothing from my sources other than the interest is real), but I think we have a slight lead in this as we have put in the time and we just landed Rui, who is similar in skill set, in the lottery.

Comment

• Zagdawg
                                Zag for Life
                                • Feb 2007

Harris also reaching out to connect with him.....

Dominick Harris ����#♂️
                                @DominickHarri2
                                ·
                                15h
                                what it do babyyyyyyyy ☺️
                                @Pp_doesit

Comment

Working...
                                X