Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Paolo Banchero

Quote Originally Posted by zagssuperfan View Post
    What is it about Tennessee? Other than being in the SEC, what do they have that separates them from others?
    Tennessee is on the rise, Rick Barnes is a great coach.

Not saying that separates them, but should put them in the conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagPiper View Post
    As an O'Dea Alum, my contacts from the school believe Tennessee is the strongest contender to GU.
    I would agree. I think Kentucky has a shot as well.

That one made all the highlight reels, scrooner.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    That one made all the highlight reels, scrooner.
    yves pons, though not a household name, is considered an elite freak athlete...that tells you all you need to know about bc...if it wasn't for zion...

Quote Originally Posted by zagssuperfan View Post
    What is it about Tennessee? Other than being in the SEC, what do they have that separates them from others?
    This one seems pretty simple. There is a top 2021 pg from Tennessee (I believe) that is considering Tennessee. Paolo and said pg have mentioned playing together. If the pg goes to a tennesse, then they have a chance with Paolo, otherwise their chances are nominal. We do hear about the “package” type deal often and usually they do not come to fruition. Kentucky is the bigger concern here as of now.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagBlue View Post
    This one seems pretty simple. There is a top 2021 pg from Tennessee (I believe) that is considering Tennessee. Paolo and said pg have mentioned playing together. If the pg goes to a tennesse, then they have a chance with Paolo, otherwise their chances are nominal. We do hear about the “package” type deal often and usually they do not come to fruition. Kentucky is the bigger concern here as of now.
    Thanks for the info. The devil is in the details.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagBlue View Post
    That makes perfect sense about the package deal, thanks. So fingers crossed that pg picks a school Paolo isn't considering!

Gonzaga's Mark Few was in Seattle this evening to see Paolo Banchero's O'Dea team take on West Seattle in a
    Metro League tournament game. O'Dea defeated West Seattle 77-55. Paolo Banchero did not disappoint
    scoring 33 points in the victory.

Thanks Terp.

Baseball just around the corner.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by TerpZag View Post
    Gonzaga's Mark Few was in Seattle this evening to see Paolo Banchero's O'Dea team take on West Seattle in a
    Metro League tournament game. O'Dea defeated West Seattle 77-55. Paolo Banchero did not disappoint
    scoring 33 points in the victory.
    Coach Few putting in work!
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    Coach Few putting in work!
    Few and Mich were there and on one of the dunks Paolo had Few's reaction was priceless, as you could see him saw WOW. Paolo went off in front of them as he had a double double and showed why he a top 5 recruit in 2021. The kid could step on the court and play for this team, he is a flat out stud. Last night was impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Few and Mich were there and on one of the dunks Paolo had Few's reaction was priceless, as you could see him saw WOW. Paolo went off in front of them as he had a double double and showed why he a top 5 recruit in 2021. The kid could step on the court and play for this team, he is a flat out stud. Last night was impressive.
    The ball handling and passingh is so smooth and impressive for a guy that big.

I know this will come across as an old man shouting "back in my day..." but were 17yr old kids ever this big and mature 20 or 30 or 40 years ago? I don't mean this tall, I mean this much grown into their built and super strong frame and with coordination levels above those of a floppy footed puppy? Paolo looks like mature adult.

https://twitter.com/SLAM_HS/status/1227077606169882626

Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    The ball handling and passingh is so smooth and impressive for a guy that big.

I know this will come across as an old man shouting "back in my day..." but were 17yr old kids ever this big and mature 20 or 30 or 40 years ago? I don't mean this tall, I mean this much grown into their built and super strong frame and with coordination levels above those of a floppy footed puppy? Paolo looks like mature adult.

https://twitter.com/SLAM_HS/status/1227077606169882626
    I think the answer is pretty clearly "no". The amount of focus that we have on nutrition and age-appropriate weight-training and conditioning has made a huge difference in the kind of bodies some of these young men come into college with.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    Thanks Terp.

Baseball just around the corner.
    Here you go, 50, a link to King 5 Sports with highlights of the O'Dea - West Seattle game includes a nice no look pass and a
    quick glimpse of Coach Few at the game...Enjoy your day...

https://twitter.com/KING5Sports/stat...56373630152704

Next Game: Looks like O'Dea will play Eastside Catholic on Wednesday, February 12th at Seattle Pacific University @ 5pm...
    Last edited by TerpZag; 02-11-2020 at 10:45 AM.

"As far as his recruitment, he was down to Kentucky, North Carolina, Tennessee, Duke, Georgetown, Baylor, Washington, Gonzaga, and Memphis."

"Despite being one of the programs aiming at five-star targets, Memphis hasn’t been in contact as much with Banchero. On the other hand, other programs have been sending staff out including Gonzaga who sent head coach Mark Few to watch him last night."

https://stockrisers.com/2020/02/11/q...nior-campaign/

Full Game highlights with Few and Michaelson in attendance.

https://twitter.com/SLAM_HS/status/1227097233859993600

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    "As far as his recruitment, he was down to Kentucky, North Carolina, Tennessee, Duke, Georgetown, Baylor, Washington, Gonzaga, and Memphis."

"Despite being one of the programs aiming at five-star targets, Memphis hasn’t been in contact as much with Banchero. On the other hand, other programs have been sending staff out including Gonzaga who sent head coach Mark Few to watch him last night."

https://stockrisers.com/2020/02/11/q...nior-campaign/
    I don’t know it has been mentioned here, but he states in the article that he will makes his college choice prior to his senior year, and he affirmed that he is not reclassifying.

Quote Originally Posted by TerpZag View Post
    Here you go, 50, a link to King 5 Sports with highlights of the O'Dea - West Seattle game includes a nice no look pass and a
    quick glimpse of Coach Few at the game...Enjoy your day...

https://twitter.com/KING5Sports/stat...56373630152704

Next Game: Looks like O'Dea will play Eastside Catholic on Wednesday, February 12th at Seattle Pacific University @ 5pm...
    Eastside Catholic defeated O'Dea 85-62 tonight...Paolo Banchero scored 31 points for the Fighting Irish in a losing cause this evening...Banchero hit 16 of 19 free throws...

O'Dea will play the loser of tonight's Ingraham - Garfield game tomorrow evening February 13th at 7:30pm...

Calipari in attendance tonight. 36 for Paolo’s AAU teammate Nolan Hickman. Looks like Paolo scored all his points in the first 3 quarters, including 18 in the 2nd. Not sure how much he played in the 4th.

Really like this kid.

King5 will be running a feature on Paolo tonight, should be worth a watch. Hoping it will get reposted online later.

https://twitter.com/ChrisEgan5/statu...19556259549186

O'Dea defeated Ingraham tonight 73-70 for 3rd place in the Seattle Metro League Basketball Tournment...O'Dea will advance
    to next week's SeaKing District Tournament on Tuesday February 18th...

Prep Zone: O'Dea basketball star Paolo Banchero getting national attention

Does it seem like the Puget Sound sort of punches above its weight class (population level) when it comes to elite basketball recruits? Maybe it's simply proportional to how many kids live there and go to those schools, but there have been quite a few elite high schoolers lately.

That's a must watch. Thanks!